Used 2011 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Excellent gas mileage
By bluehat2

2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been very pleased with this car thus far since purchasing in 2011. This is my second Acura after owning an Integra many years ago, and fourth Honda since owning Fords and Chevy's. The biggest thing I'm happy about is the gas mileage. It has been well above the stated MPG. On a recent 3 hour trip, I hit 41 MPG on the way down, then 39 MPG on the way back with conservative driving. I consistently hit 40 MPG on my weekly 1 hour commutes to the home office. Of course, this is assuming that the on board computer is accurate.

Favorite Features

Nav, weather, and traffic updates are great.

Seat/ride comfort: Love it or hate it
By sumrtoy

2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

2010 and 2011 TSX review have similar comments about comfort... hate the seats/ride... love the seats/ride. In my case I hate them. Can't get comfortable no matter the setting. To be fair the car is very fun to drive on short 15 min trips, I have a blast. Get to the 30 min + and it can get miserable. And likewise with the ride. Feels like a go cart. After while it gets old. Overall however the quality is great. For sporty folk the ride and seats may work great. If you are from the Buick generation.... don't get this car. For me... its usually parked and i take the wife's mini van on most drives. If i owned it, it'd take the loss and sell it, but it's a lease... bad move.

Favorite Features

Honda quality. Nice looking car.

Suggested Improvements

Primary issue with the seats is there is too much lower lumber support. Acura could fix this by allowing the lumbar to be further reduced and be able to move it up/down for different lumbar needs. I could get over the ride issues if the seat comfort wasn't miserable.

Great styling, value and lots of fun
By gdh12

2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After owning a 2011 Acura MDX for about a year - and loving it - I went out and bought this TSX as a commuter vehicle. I guess you either like Acura styling or you don't - I happen to really like the unique and aggressive styling. After reading some reviews, I wasn't expecting much from the 2.4 L, 4 cyl. engine. I was pleasantly surprised when I test drove the TSX, however. The engine is peppy and quite responsive. I have no problems merging on the freeway or passing - in fact, I really look forward to it. The TSX handles great - I find myself searching for curves or reasons to swerve on the interstate. You get lots of features on the base TSX, which makes it an excellent value.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency in a fun-to-drive package. Average 31 mpg in mostly freeway driving at 73-75 mph. On two-lane highways, I get 35-37 mpg driving at 62-65 mph. Love the handling, interior styling and comfort. Very good stereo in the base TSX and iPod integration works great (and comes standard). Heated seats are nice. Paddle shifters + sport mode = good time. Crystal black pearl with parchment interior is just beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

None really - one note, though - the TSX is a sports car and handles like one. If you want a cushy ride - this car probably isn't for you.

Amazing
By mikezpainter

2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought in feb 2011, now 10 months & 16,000 miles later.... all i can say is simply amazing. I've heard good things about Acura but was sold from my first test drive. The handling of this car is by far better than most sports cars, & i've had my share in the past 35 yrs. I smile in the morning as i get out of the door looking forward to my 30 min drive. I look forward to freeways that merge so i can take the turn; i never decelerate and it asks for more. I also like the lumbar seats, my gas is over 20 atimes gets 24-26 when i can keep it at 65. Quiet, problem free, a dream car. I'm not usually at a loss 4 words so all i can say is i wish everyone could drive a car like this.

Favorite Features

My favorite thing about this car is the handling. I've used the on the column manual shift & it was fun. Love the comfort in the seats. So far the car has been very quiet and problem free. The visibility is great, mirrors well situated, my drink is cold with the a/c refrigerated center console, pleasant surprise. Love the satellite radio, almost no commercials. My first car with hands free tel & wow. The sun roof is quiet and the ride is just as car should be... fun. I'm scared to say more because no one should love a car this much.

Suggested Improvements

I really don't mind the premium gas since it has a smaller engine; the performance is enough, the balance between economy & power is actually decent. If only an extra 2-3 inches in the back seat, that would be my only suggestion.

Love the TSX Sportwagon
By really1

2011 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my TSX Sportwagon. It handles Great. You may suffer a little in ride, but it is worth it for the accurate steering and handling. This car if for people who actually LIKE to drive. It makes you want to throw it into a curve because it is so much fun especially when you keep the revs screaming. Even in a wagon!! Gas Mileage has been great at 30 MPG on a Heavy Foot! Honda's are known for their road noise - could be less here, but its getting better. In the long run - this car is so worth it

Favorite Features

Handling, Stereo, Gas Mileage, Cargo room

Suggested Improvements

Blootooth is terrible. Premium Gas. Less road noise would be nice.