I miss my 4Runner but
By mds0200 on
2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
OK, after a decade and a half of driving Toyota 4Runners, I finally made the move back to a car. The TSX caught my eye because of its sporty styling, fairly good gas mileage, tech-laden interior, and reputation for build quality. I drove the TL and it's nice, but the TSX just feels sportier. After 2000 miles, I've averaged 30+ mpg in mixed city/highway driving (30/70 split). The car feels nimble and cruises easily with 4 people. The V6 was tempting, but the price and gas mileage penalty helped sway me. The baseline engine is a nice balance between performance and efficiency. In addition to being safe, reliable, and practical, a vehicle should be fun to drive. The TSX is.
Favorite Features
The voice-linked navigation system is loaded with features like traffic and weather (free for 3 months). Hands-free dialing is convenient and should perhaps be mandatory on new cars. Fit and finish is very good and the interior is very well appointed. The trunk is surprisingly spacious.
Suggested Improvements
The rear sets are a bit cramped. They work well for my kids, but two large adults my find the space a bit tight. This is nit-picking, but the XM radio should have the ability to bookmark favorite songs. If you read other reviews on the TSX, you already know about the headlights. Yes, it's true.