Disappointing
By ssmu on
2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
My wife has been driving a TSX since 2004, its first model year. We've been quite happy with that car; it drives well, it's comfortable, and it's been quite reliable. So when I decided that I didn't want to spend any more money on my aging BMW 323i, I bought a 2010 TSX. Bad decision. Although the car is comfortable and fairly quick off the line, its steering is unforgivable. The electric power steering has a pretty good-sized dead zone at the center point, and it requires constant attention at highway speeds to keep the car pointed in a straight line. After a month I gave up and got rid of the thing. I now have an Acura TL with the works, which I absolutely love.
Favorite Features
Acceleration off the line Seat comfort Fold-down rear seats heated seats Stereo Bluetooth and iPod integration Overall feature package is great; Acura keeps it very simple so that you don't get nickled and dimed for each and every option.
Suggested Improvements
Steering feel (dealbreaker) Acceleration/pickup at speed; very sluggish when you want to go from 60 to 70.
By vbcodegamer
on 03/08/13 12:24 PM (PST)

I own a 2010 TSX 4cyl (33K miles) and the steering is fine. I have test drove a 2009 Honda Accord and it didn't even take a month. It took only one block before I made a U-turn (and literally I was caught off guard as the steering return stopped 30 degrees before center) and head back to the dealership, angry, but trying to not take it out on the innocent dealer. In Edmunds.com review of the 2009 TSX and 2010 TSX V6, they claimed something like: the steering is fixed on the V6. So I can confirm your experiences and I believe what rdawg23 said is more correct. It is most likely fixed by 2010, with some 2010 cars unfortunately still affected. (some of the 2010 models still have the brake pad wear issue too)

By hdjcpa
on 01/21/11 10:03 AM (PST)

Doesn't the TL have the same electric power steering (EPS) as the TSX. I have been driving a 2010 TSX for about 20k miles so far and I have no dead spot in the center. Maybe your TSX steering was defective or needed to be adjusted.

By rdawg23
on 02/06/11 08:38 AM (PST)

I don't have any complaints about the steering either. I know that this was a major complaint with the 2009 models, but thought they fixed it with the 2010s. Possibly you have an early 2010 production model that didn't get the fix? It's my understanding that the EPS can be adjusted via flashing the computer.