A Tough Package to Beat
By Mike on
2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
FYI, looked @ the A4, 328, & IS250. So, my ratings are relative to this group. The car is far better looking in person (I'm okay with the grill-the TL is a mess). To me, the IS is the 1 car that has better exterior styling (the Infiniti G=ew!=no dice). For 0-60, here's the skinny: TSX i4 w/M 7.5s (8.3 w/A), 09 A4 2.0T (i4) w/A 7.3s, 08 328i (v6) w/A 6.9s, & IS250 (v6) w/A 7.7s. I couldn't quickly find the M numbers for the others, but probably slightly better. B/for the 3, the delta is minor. I only notice the i4 at >60 b/c the i4's narrower torque band loses to a v6's wider band. Overall, the TSX combines luxury, Honda reliability, & fun & everyday driving in an unbeatable combo.
Favorite Features
Nearly all. Looks, fun to drive, great seats & stereo, 29.5 mpg avg, and most, the silky smooth stick. I can get over an i4 for all that the Tech Package+M gives you for less than 31k. If Honda could've fit the RDX's turbo in it, at $1-2k more, the v6 snobs would have nothing b/styling to pick on.
Suggested Improvements
I think the TSX i4's body roll in turns is too much compared to say, the 328. Part suspension, part weight distribution? The experts say the electronic steering is numb-frankly, I don't notice it, but know that I came off a 1995 Civic (w/250,000 miles) with no power steering for the last ~20k.