Used 2010 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Just do NOT get this car
By dimitrir

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

ACURA should be embarrassed selling this car. Main problem: suspension is just awful. There is a constant clunking noise over any kind of bump. Communicated with company headquarters both in USA and JAPAN and asked them to take the car back, to no avail. Changed real struts, not change. After they put the V^ engine in, they re- designed the suspension in a clumsy and unfinished way. Other customers have complained about this issue. If you can absorb the continuous punishment of the constant clunking noise, there is nothing else wrong with the car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration is very good, handling - not steering- is very good, stereo is above average.

Suggested Improvements

Re-design suspension, reduce road noise. More importantly, change corporate attitude. After 5 HONDA's and two ACURA's I am finished as a customer of this company.

Great car
By rdawg23

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a "glitchy" Honda Civic Hybrid for a TSX Tech last year and am not regretting my decision. The TSX offers good gas mileage for the class of vehicle and has enough power so you don't feel like you're going nowhere when accelerating. The navigation unit is good, and yes, while it doesn't have some of the latest features you get from a TomTom or Garmin you buy from your neighborhood electronics store, it can hold it's own. My advice is to read the manual and really learn how to use it just like you would any other computer. The ELS audio system included with the tech package is an incredible audio system. When using any digital source, the sound has a lot of depth and quality

Favorite Features

ELS audio system Navigation Bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

Tweak the fit/finish slightly to ensure seams in the interior are aligned better. MPG calculation on dash needs calibration - it's always 1.5 MPG optimistic. Dash/cluster display should remember the last screen it was on instead of defaulting to trip/temp every time you start the car.

Love at First Drive!!!
By bbimmer7

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was an extensive car search, but the minute I got behind the wheel I knew this was the car for me! I wanted something that had the right balance of style, luxury, performance, and quality... the TSX V6 has all of that! I looked at a number of CPO luxury cars, but none of them could compare to value and reliability of the Acura. One of my other top considerations was the VW CC, but I didn't like its bland vinyl interior and below-average reliability. The TSX is a very attractive car. So many sedans these days look bloated and dull. The TSX's sleek profile and aggressive stance make it look like the sports sedan it truly is.

Favorite Features

Um... the 280-horsepower V6 engine! The acceleration is amazing. Makes getting on the highway an ease. I've got the tires to squeal a few times taking off at green lights and stop signs. Overall handling is great too. "It corners like it's on rails". I love the split-spoke 18-inch wheels that come only with the V6. Combined with the chrome window surrounds and door handles, the car looks quite elegant. The interior is great too. I love the Bluetooth audio! The seats are very supportive, with excellent bolstering and leather that's of higher quality than that in most BMWs. The overall dash layout is attractive, not too complicated for me, and the plastics are top-notch.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the transmission had a few more gears. It hasn't been a problem yet, but 5-speed autos are pretty antiquated now a days. Suspension can be a hard on bumpy roads, but my previous car was much softer-tuned Toyota Highlander. I've only had my 2010 TSX for a week, so I'll have to see how well it stands the test of time.

What a Over Price Car !!!!!
By Over Price Car

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I can't believe any buyer would pay over 30K for a base four-cylinder car with 201 Horsepower? Car is small and under power especially going up mountains. For this price buyer can get 2011 Toyota Camry SE V6 or 2011 Honda Accord V6 EX. Both cars has more power and more room and better looking cars. Need i say anymore????

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Everything. From interior to exterior.

Four years and still love it
By dapper_dan

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It's been 4 years and 48,000 miles and this is still a fun car to drive. Absolutely no problems, runs great, good balance of performance, handling, economy, comfort. I get over 30 MPG on trips when driving 70-75 mph. Trip computer is always 10% optimistic but I check it and do the math.

Favorite Features

Drivers seat comfortable, great handling, I like the 6 speed manual that keeps me a little more engaged in the drive, and it improves performance and MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Just a little more torque would be nice. Seems like a 2L turbo would be perfect for this. I drove the V6 and it seemed heavy in front end.