Used 2010 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Too small + Too firm
By RC27

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I leased this car in 2009 and I cannot wait for the lease to be over. First let me say it is not a bad car, it is simply not for me. I am 6'1" and the driver legroom is cramped, rear legroom is even worse. In terms of ride quality you feel every bump, yes it is a "sporty" ride but in NYC I don't need road feedback. The ride is only slightly better than my 1996 corolla and the trunk is also small. That out of the way the car is reliable and came with a ton of standard features. A little advice- if ride quality is important to you and/or front legroom this car is probably not for you. Test drive it 1st several times + make sure to include city roads.

Loads of standard features, good heat + A/C, seats are comfortable.

Ride quality is sub par at best. Front and rear legroom are suitable for those 5'8 and less. Exterior design is so-so.

I miss my 4Runner but
By mds0200

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

OK, after a decade and a half of driving Toyota 4Runners, I finally made the move back to a car. The TSX caught my eye because of its sporty styling, fairly good gas mileage, tech-laden interior, and reputation for build quality. I drove the TL and it's nice, but the TSX just feels sportier. After 2000 miles, I've averaged 30+ mpg in mixed city/highway driving (30/70 split). The car feels nimble and cruises easily with 4 people. The V6 was tempting, but the price and gas mileage penalty helped sway me. The baseline engine is a nice balance between performance and efficiency. In addition to being safe, reliable, and practical, a vehicle should be fun to drive. The TSX is.

The voice-linked navigation system is loaded with features like traffic and weather (free for 3 months). Hands-free dialing is convenient and should perhaps be mandatory on new cars. Fit and finish is very good and the interior is very well appointed. The trunk is surprisingly spacious.

The rear sets are a bit cramped. They work well for my kids, but two large adults my find the space a bit tight. This is nit-picking, but the XM radio should have the ability to bookmark favorite songs. If you read other reviews on the TSX, you already know about the headlights. Yes, it's true.

The best value for money
By Mac

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving G37, BMW3, A4 and thorough research I have bought TSX, and never regret it. It is fast enough, comfortable, economical for the class and fun.

Tech package

keyless start

Comes with everything, good first car
By AJNYC

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It was between leasing this car brand new and buying a used '08 Audi A4. For the price, this car comes with everything. I didn't order the tech package, which I regret but this car comes with everything - bluetooth, satellite radio, heated seats, sunroof, nice hid lights, leather, etc. The seats are so damn comfortable! They literally wrap around you and you don't feel like crap after a long road trip. Driving this car people always stare at it at lights. This car is pretty fun to drive and the MPG is amazing. Expect to get 25 mpg cruising down the GSP or NJ turnpike at 80-85 mph. In NYC traffic I get about 20-22 mpg which is amazing. The torque is a little on the low side though!

All the standard features, interior build quality, the HID lights, bluetooth, the awesome front seats, MPG, and comfort this car takes the NYC / Jersey City pot holes and puts them to shame. Acura reliability, the only Japanese car brand I like(d).

I wish Acura in general would go back to their old designs (2007-2008) the TSX is acceptable though. The brakes are really pathetic for a car like this. Wish it had as much torque as the A4. Takes a while to get it going especially with a full car.

Why did I do it?
By Bob D

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my TSX for 2 months. Already in the shop twice for noise emanating from right rear. Dealer could not find the first time. Had better luck second time, but not totally cleared up.In general, the car rides choppy and let's considerable road into the cabin. If I had it to do again, I would have opted for the G-37 or just a sporty version of a family sedan(Fusion, Mazda 6). If you want a 6 cylinder--don't settle for the 4 on this car. It's economical-but it's still a four. Also, the sheet metal is pretty thin.

Fit and trim. Value for the buck.

Better ride, less road noise. Just put a small six in it--one engine about 230 hp.Is that so hard?