Used 2010 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Just do NOT get this car
By dimitrir

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

ACURA should be embarrassed selling this car. Main problem: suspension is just awful. There is a constant clunking noise over any kind of bump. Communicated with company headquarters both in USA and JAPAN and asked them to take the car back, to no avail. Changed real struts, not change. After they put the V^ engine in, they re- designed the suspension in a clumsy and unfinished way. Other customers have complained about this issue. If you can absorb the continuous punishment of the constant clunking noise, there is nothing else wrong with the car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration is very good, handling - not steering- is very good, stereo is above average.

Suggested Improvements

Re-design suspension, reduce road noise. More importantly, change corporate attitude. After 5 HONDA's and two ACURA's I am finished as a customer of this company.

Great car
By floridadriver

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I moved to this car from a 2001 f150, and love it. I have had it about a week now and have no complaint. Ride is smooth and seats are great. I have no issue with the brakes or any interior rattling. The 4 cyl is great, awesome gas mileage, it's a little sluggish but if you get the 4 its for the mpg not autobahn racing and still fun to drive with the paddle shifters! All in all I am very happy with this car.

Favorite Features

blue tooth audio is awesome no cables to buy, voice recognition works fine and dash is simple to use once u figure it out.

Suggested Improvements

bigger storage compartments, the ones it has wont hold an iphone.

2010 Acura TSX w/ Tech Package
By TheDriver

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 Acura TSX w/ the technology package in mid April and just traded it in on an Infiniti G37 Sedan. The TSX had 6500 miles. The TSX had super annoying popping noises coming from the rear of the car into the interior that the dealer could not fix(search Google). Said all of them do it. The bluetooth phone had a loud static noise when on and you could hardly hear the person on the phone. The drivers seat kept slipping downward as if the motor or track was stripped(I weigh 180). I traded a 2008 Accord Sedan in on the TSX. The TSX is too much like the Accord but with a little more horsepower(not enough). So far the G37 is 10X the car. I would recommend you not buy the TSX.

Favorite Features

dash, styling of the seats, ipod interface

Suggested Improvements

fix the popping/jingling noise, fix the bluetooth phone, more stylish wheels, door handles started sticking also, rough ride

Too small + Too firm
By RC27

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I leased this car in 2009 and I cannot wait for the lease to be over. First let me say it is not a bad car, it is simply not for me. I am 6'1" and the driver legroom is cramped, rear legroom is even worse. In terms of ride quality you feel every bump, yes it is a "sporty" ride but in NYC I don't need road feedback. The ride is only slightly better than my 1996 corolla and the trunk is also small. That out of the way the car is reliable and came with a ton of standard features. A little advice- if ride quality is important to you and/or front legroom this car is probably not for you. Test drive it 1st several times + make sure to include city roads.

Favorite Features

Loads of standard features, good heat + A/C, seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Ride quality is sub par at best. Front and rear legroom are suitable for those 5'8 and less. Exterior design is so-so.

I miss my 4Runner but
By mds0200

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

OK, after a decade and a half of driving Toyota 4Runners, I finally made the move back to a car. The TSX caught my eye because of its sporty styling, fairly good gas mileage, tech-laden interior, and reputation for build quality. I drove the TL and it's nice, but the TSX just feels sportier. After 2000 miles, I've averaged 30+ mpg in mixed city/highway driving (30/70 split). The car feels nimble and cruises easily with 4 people. The V6 was tempting, but the price and gas mileage penalty helped sway me. The baseline engine is a nice balance between performance and efficiency. In addition to being safe, reliable, and practical, a vehicle should be fun to drive. The TSX is.

Favorite Features

The voice-linked navigation system is loaded with features like traffic and weather (free for 3 months). Hands-free dialing is convenient and should perhaps be mandatory on new cars. Fit and finish is very good and the interior is very well appointed. The trunk is surprisingly spacious.

Suggested Improvements

The rear sets are a bit cramped. They work well for my kids, but two large adults my find the space a bit tight. This is nit-picking, but the XM radio should have the ability to bookmark favorite songs. If you read other reviews on the TSX, you already know about the headlights. Yes, it's true.