Used 2010 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Too small and weak
By ultrarunner100

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Power doesn't come in until 4500rpm, usually shifts before that point. Manual mode ups the fun factor a bit. Steering is very light but precise. Handling is good overall. Definitely get the v6. Smaller car inside, especially if you're tall or plan to carry a few passengers. Takes premium gas.

1st Time Acura Owner
By luvcars32

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my 1st Acura and couldn't be more impressed. I was going to stay in the Toyota family, but thought I'd give Acura a try. I couldn't be more impressed. I love the interior and exterior style and quality. I've had a BMW 328i and honestly, I like the TSX better. I needed a sedan, and I'm glad I chose this one.

The best part is all the features offered. Not only does my car have everything I could need in my interior, but the quality is there as well. I did a lot of research before purchasing and I'm glad I read reviews as well. This is such a great car!

If i really had to complain or make changes, I'd say...I do not like is the steering. It seems tight. I had a FWD car before this TSX and I had much more manuverability. Also, from what I've readd, you cannot delete the Bluetooth Phonebook all at once. I purchased used and have to take all the entries out one by one. Lastly, the wheels. For such a fantastic looking car, very poor looking wheels. Out of all the cars I've owned in my life, this is the 1st time I felt like the wheels have to be replaced, to match the quality of the rest of the car.

TSX #2
By pbacura

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Replaced '08 TSX with '10 TSX about 8 mos & 8800 miles ago. New model feels larger, more comfortable, and more expensive than the previous one. The comfort comes at the expense of the lively, responsive steering that made the Gen 1 TSX such a pleasure to drive. Although a common complaint is the lack of 4cyl power, I have never found that to be an issue. I still think it is an excellent value as a entry level sports/luxury sedan.

High level of standard equipment (full power, leather, sunroof, xenons, etc), flawless build quality, reasonable balance of sport vs. comfort.

Memory setting for mirrors

Great car
By rdawg23

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a "glitchy" Honda Civic Hybrid for a TSX Tech last year and am not regretting my decision. The TSX offers good gas mileage for the class of vehicle and has enough power so you don't feel like you're going nowhere when accelerating. The navigation unit is good, and yes, while it doesn't have some of the latest features you get from a TomTom or Garmin you buy from your neighborhood electronics store, it can hold it's own. My advice is to read the manual and really learn how to use it just like you would any other computer. The ELS audio system included with the tech package is an incredible audio system. When using any digital source, the sound has a lot of depth and quality

ELS audio system Navigation Bluetooth

Tweak the fit/finish slightly to ensure seams in the interior are aligned better. MPG calculation on dash needs calibration - it's always 1.5 MPG optimistic. Dash/cluster display should remember the last screen it was on instead of defaulting to trip/temp every time you start the car.

This Car Was Made for Me - Update
By david_r

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have now owned car since June 2010. Would buy another without a second thought. Outstanding value given all the features in the technology package. The handling is superb; chassis limits/FWD limits can not be legally reached on public streets. It took me a 90 degree turn with slight drift to get inside front tire to lift enough to engage the stability control. Traction and vehicle stability control work extremely well in snowy or slick conditions. Took a 3000 mile road trip from Seattle area to western Nebraska; car was loaded. Had no lack of power or acceleration issues with mountain passes or passing other cars.

Outstanding gas mileage on highways/freeways; 32 to 34 mpg. The leather seats are great looking and very comfortable, esp. the driver's seat. Great acceleration for a normally aspirated, 4 cyl engine. Crisp steering and handling. Body roll is minimal. The sound system is awesome-will sit in car just to listen. Love the minimalist interior - very techie. My wife (who is the primary driver) was thrilled that the layout was similar to a Honda Accord - this made the transition easy.

Voice recognition doesn't like my voice. Display washes out in certain sunlight conditions. Although the driver's seat is comfortable and very adjustable, I can't get a postion that fits me, the steering wheel adjusted and still be able to see the top part of all the gauges. Have to tilt the steering wheel up too high to see gauges.