Used 2010 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Just a Great Car Overall
By Brian

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2010 black TSX (4 cylinder, no tech) that I bought certified in the summer of 2012 with 26k miles (now has 57k). I could not be happier with this car. To summarize, this car may not be #1 in any particular category, but it does everything well. Its sporty, its comfortable, its technologically equipped even at the base model, its reliable, and I like how it looks (especially in black). I had a 2003 Audi A4 before this car, which was an amazing performer, but was a disaster with reliability. The A4 had so many issues that I got nervous every time I turned the key to start the car. Also, (not that it was necessarily the A4), but I had 4 tires go out on me in 5 years on that model. With the TSX, I like that it gives me a digital output of my tire pressure, so I always know I am good. If you are looking for a fun, reliable, and pretty well equipped car, the TSX is for you. Acura is not for everyone, but I am now sold and would like to get the TLX as my next model when the time is right; however, I know I can get so many more models out of the TSX so will hang onto it for some time.

Excellent Value
By jazzrockfusion

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased May 2010 after purchase of wife's 2010 TLX the previous month. After 4 years of driving my TLX, I am still loving this car. The 6 speed manual transmission adds another dimension of FUN on the road. Honda has one of the smoothest shift boxes around (traded in my Honda Civic SI). On the highway, I have opened it up to 125 mph effortlessly (I didn't have it floored either and wanted to push it but figured I was lucky enough to be ticketed). I have to applaud Acura as they do not nickel and dime you to death when premium features are added on. Try that with Lexus or Infinity?? ELS 5.1 stereo system is impressive. Another reason I stand by Honda's flagship is reliability and longevity

Braking system

Four years and still love it
By dapper_dan

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It's been 4 years and 48,000 miles and this is still a fun car to drive. Absolutely no problems, runs great, good balance of performance, handling, economy, comfort. I get over 30 MPG on trips when driving 70-75 mph. Trip computer is always 10% optimistic but I check it and do the math.

Drivers seat comfortable, great handling, I like the 6 speed manual that keeps me a little more engaged in the drive, and it improves performance and MPG.

Just a little more torque would be nice. Seems like a 2L turbo would be perfect for this. I drove the V6 and it seemed heavy in front end.

Three years, true love!
By amatista

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Three years 36,000 miles later, I still adore my TSX. Superbly reliable (great after my previous car, a Murano, got bought back under the lemon law), great gas mileage (avg. 30 miles per fill up) and a joy to drive.

The reliability and gas mileage. Love all the fun standard features like XM, sunroof, two driver seat memory, and homelink.

Honestly, none I can think of. At this point I wish it were bigger as I'm going to trade it in as I have twins on the way. I will sorely miss my TSX.

Love at First Drive!!!
By bbimmer7

2010 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was an extensive car search, but the minute I got behind the wheel I knew this was the car for me! I wanted something that had the right balance of style, luxury, performance, and quality... the TSX V6 has all of that! I looked at a number of CPO luxury cars, but none of them could compare to value and reliability of the Acura. One of my other top considerations was the VW CC, but I didn't like its bland vinyl interior and below-average reliability. The TSX is a very attractive car. So many sedans these days look bloated and dull. The TSX's sleek profile and aggressive stance make it look like the sports sedan it truly is.

Um... the 280-horsepower V6 engine! The acceleration is amazing. Makes getting on the highway an ease. I've got the tires to squeal a few times taking off at green lights and stop signs. Overall handling is great too. "It corners like it's on rails". I love the split-spoke 18-inch wheels that come only with the V6. Combined with the chrome window surrounds and door handles, the car looks quite elegant. The interior is great too. I love the Bluetooth audio! The seats are very supportive, with excellent bolstering and leather that's of higher quality than that in most BMWs. The overall dash layout is attractive, not too complicated for me, and the plastics are top-notch.

Wish the transmission had a few more gears. It hasn't been a problem yet, but 5-speed autos are pretty antiquated now a days. Suspension can be a hard on bumpy roads, but my previous car was much softer-tuned Toyota Highlander. I've only had my 2010 TSX for a week, so I'll have to see how well it stands the test of time.