2010 Acura TSX Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2010 TSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Sort Reviews by

Four years and still love it
By dapper_dan

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It's been 4 years and 48,000 miles and this is still a fun car to drive. Absolutely no problems, runs great, good balance of performance, handling, economy, comfort. I get over 30 MPG on trips when driving 70-75 mph. Trip computer is always 10% optimistic but I check it and do the math.

Favorite Features

Drivers seat comfortable, great handling, I like the 6 speed manual that keeps me a little more engaged in the drive, and it improves performance and MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Just a little more torque would be nice. Seems like a 2L turbo would be perfect for this. I drove the V6 and it seemed heavy in front end.

Best car for the money
By king

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I considered the Lexus is250, BMW 3 series and Mercesdes C300. All are a little better than the tsx. But If you get any of these cars with all the features that come standard in the tsx, the the TSX becomes the much better car.Plus, if you enjoy driving a stick shift then the tsx is the most fun to drive. I was only able to test drive a BMW stick but I'll take the TSX six speed manual anyday.

Favorite Features

Six speed manual is the best I'd ever driven. Standard features cost 5k-10k more on any other car.

Suggested Improvements

all wheel drive would be nice

Excellent Decision
By Acuragirl

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I'm very much enjoying my new TSX. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the exterior of the vehicle. I was more a fan of the last body style. The front end just seemed so massive and it's a much bigger vehicle than my last. Once I went for a test drive, my view on the TSX changed. The interior and the way the car drives had me sold. It's a fun and sporty car with a luxurious look. I'm very happy I chose the white also. It really stands out from all other vehicles.

Favorite Features

I love everything about the interior! Very sharp looking and comfortable. I especially love that I can hook up my iPod and iPhone and control it from the steering wheel. You just plug them in, put them away in the console and drive.

Suggested Improvements

I've had the car about a week and can't find one thing I would change. You are really getting what you pay for with the TSX.

Love it!
By Dan K.

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After 1000 miles I now have the sense of the car and it feels great. I bought it in Nov and only had a couple weeks before a major snow. No issues, and handles well. Sure a little more torque would be fun if you're drag racing, but with 6 speeds you can match to the situation is goes great. Lots of fun to run through the gears with the smooth shifting and great clutch feel. I felt the automatic was a little busy shifting up/down, but the auto does get a little better mpg. I use it mostly for commuting and it makes the drive pleasant and engaging. I get about 25 mpg with mix of commuter driving, and the trip computer says 27, so about 10% optimistic (same as my last car).

Favorite Features

6 speeds, nice clutch, firm suspension but not too rough.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be slightly narrower and more bolster, like German cars. Lots of dash buttons, but they all make sense after a while. A turbo for this engine would be great.

Great daily driver
By Ned

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My TSX replaced a 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero, and despite less power, I prefer the Acura's engine. It's smooth, sounds great, revs freely, and has enough power to be entertaining with 6MT. It delivers good mileage too. I love the interior: fantastic seats, good visibility, great ergonomics, and even the base stereo is excellent. For an urban enthusiast's daily driver, the suspension tuning is perfect. It's tight and responsive but never harsh. Only fly in the ointment is the steering. It's numb on center, which isn't great on the highway and detracts from driving feel. But it's accurate, with good off-center feel, which works great on twisty roads.

Favorite Features

Perfect suspension tuning, engine, clutch/shifter, interior, solid construction, projected reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the steering, especially the on-center feel for highway tracking, and it would be almost perfect.

Excellent Car
By Accura Driver

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I test drove the manual and the auto. The manual is the one to get. I find my TSX fairly entertaining to drive on windy roads and yet very comfortable and relaxing in the highway. The interior is a nice place to be; the seats are exceptionally comfortable. The engine is refined and is powerful enough to be fun with the manual. It is only at speeds above 60 mph where it cannot compete with the smoothness of a good V6. I'm impressed with the fuel economy, 31 mpg. Quality is excellent, I have not found a single rattle or manufacturing defect.

Favorite Features

The seats are excellent. Their level of equipment is very good for the price.

Suggested Improvements

The key is not special enough for a premium brand, it is 10 years behind the Europeans. The carpet in the trunk could be nicer. The iPod interface is somewhat harder to operate than I would like. I would like more interior color options on the manual.