Used 2010 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

All that and a bag of chips!
By Kong Vang

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Took the 2010 TSX for a nice cruise today, and I love how this engine loves to rev! The handling of this car is phenomenal, no body roll at all, and corners really well! To put it into perspective, you know those on ramps that curves and then merges on to the free way, normally I could attack the curve at 45 mph with your ordinary family sedan, then wait until my line straightens to actually speed up. With this car, 65-70 MPH on the curves--no problems, no body roll. The car stays planted and flat throughout the hairpin, very confidence inspiring! It's amazing how it handles like a RWD car! Perhaps that was the point?

Love how the rpm climbs so fast, especially when u hit VTEC! Soon to get Hondata FlashPro for it, which engages VTEC at 4500 rpm! And shifts red line to a lofty 8000 rpm, that's a Type-R!

Interior fit and finish is excellent. The seats are super comfortable and keeps the lateral G's in check (as in hugs you when you make tight turns at speeds). The reinforced structural rigidity not only makes this car super responsive in the turns, it makes you feel very safe knowing that you're inside a roll cage! The audio system is top rate and sounds absolutely amazing!

Minor Gripes: the electronic steering feels numb at first, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad. Just a minor annoyance since you have no clue what the tires are doing, because no feed back through the steering column. Any tire slippage will come by as a surprise. No back up camera or GPS, not a deal breaker. Don't need a back up camera in a small car, it's not a truck! And Waze on your phone does a fine job of Navigation.

Brakes would be adequate for most; however for me--it leaves a lot to be desired; nothing a little upgrade in brake pads and lighter wheels couldn't fix. You wouldn't notice it unless you've rode motorcycles all your life or drive a lighter car like the Honda Fit modded with lightweight wheels that has the stopping distance of a Sports Bike. I would say the Toyota Sienna and the TSX have similar stopping power.

Bottom line 8.9/10
I would recommend this car, because it does everything exceptionally well stock! It's also one of the very few Hondas, if not the last Hondas/Acuras still built 100% in Japan so it's high quality and super reliable! With a Timing Chain instead of a Belt, maintenance is also minimal. Can't beat the value!

Just a Great Car Overall
By Brian

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2010 black TSX (4 cylinder, no tech) that I bought certified in the summer of 2012 with 26k miles (now has 57k). I could not be happier with this car. To summarize, this car may not be #1 in any particular category, but it does everything well. Its sporty, its comfortable, its technologically equipped even at the base model, its reliable, and I like how it looks (especially in black). I had a 2003 Audi A4 before this car, which was an amazing performer, but was a disaster with reliability. The A4 had so many issues that I got nervous every time I turned the key to start the car. Also, (not that it was necessarily the A4), but I had 4 tires go out on me in 5 years on that model. With the TSX, I like that it gives me a digital output of my tire pressure, so I always know I am good.

If you are looking for a fun, reliable, and pretty well equipped car, the TSX is for you. Acura is not for everyone, but I am now sold and would like to get the TLX as my next model when the time is right; however, I know I can get so many more models out of the TSX so will hang onto it for some time.

Excellent Value
By jazzrockfusion

2010 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased May 2010 after purchase of wife's 2010 TLX the previous month. After 4 years of driving my TLX, I am still loving this car. The 6 speed manual transmission adds another dimension of FUN on the road. Honda has one of the smoothest shift boxes around (traded in my Honda Civic SI). On the highway, I have opened it up to 125 mph effortlessly (I didn't have it floored either and wanted to push it but figured I was lucky enough to be ticketed). I have to applaud Acura as they do not nickel and dime you to death when premium features are added on. Try that with Lexus or Infinity?? ELS 5.1 stereo system is impressive. Another reason I stand by Honda's flagship is reliability and longevity

Braking system

Four years and still love it
By dapper_dan

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It's been 4 years and 48,000 miles and this is still a fun car to drive.
Absolutely no problems, runs great, good
balance of performance, handling, economy, comfort.

I get over 30 MPG on trips when driving 70-75 mph.
Trip computer is always 10% optimistic but I check it and do the math.

Drivers seat comfortable, great handling, I like the 6 speed manual that keeps me a little more engaged in the drive, and it improves performance and MPG.

Just a little more torque would be nice. Seems like a 2L turbo would be perfect for this. I drove the V6 and it seemed heavy in front end.

Three years, true love!
By amatista

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Three years 36,000 miles later, I still adore my TSX. Superbly reliable (great after my previous car, a Murano, got bought back under the lemon law), great gas mileage (avg. 30 miles per fill up) and a joy to drive.

The reliability and gas mileage. Love all the fun standard features like XM, sunroof, two driver seat memory, and homelink.

Honestly, none I can think of. At this point I wish it were bigger as I'm going to trade it in as I have twins on the way. I will sorely miss my TSX.