Used 2010 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Excellent Value
By jazzrockfusion

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased May 2010 after purchase of wife's 2010 TLX the previous month. After 4 years of driving my TLX, I am still loving this car. The 6 speed manual transmission adds another dimension of FUN on the road. Honda has one of the smoothest shift boxes around (traded in my Honda Civic SI). On the highway, I have opened it up to 125 mph effortlessly (I didn't have it floored either and wanted to push it but figured I was lucky enough to be ticketed). I have to applaud Acura as they do not nickel and dime you to death when premium features are added on. Try that with Lexus or Infinity?? ELS 5.1 stereo system is impressive. Another reason I stand by Honda's flagship is reliability and longevity

Suggested Improvements

Braking system

Four years and still love it
By dapper_dan

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It's been 4 years and 48,000 miles and this is still a fun car to drive. Absolutely no problems, runs great, good balance of performance, handling, economy, comfort. I get over 30 MPG on trips when driving 70-75 mph. Trip computer is always 10% optimistic but I check it and do the math.

Favorite Features

Drivers seat comfortable, great handling, I like the 6 speed manual that keeps me a little more engaged in the drive, and it improves performance and MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Just a little more torque would be nice. Seems like a 2L turbo would be perfect for this. I drove the V6 and it seemed heavy in front end.

Three years, true love!
By amatista

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Three years 36,000 miles later, I still adore my TSX. Superbly reliable (great after my previous car, a Murano, got bought back under the lemon law), great gas mileage (avg. 30 miles per fill up) and a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

The reliability and gas mileage. Love all the fun standard features like XM, sunroof, two driver seat memory, and homelink.

Suggested Improvements

Honestly, none I can think of. At this point I wish it were bigger as I'm going to trade it in as I have twins on the way. I will sorely miss my TSX.

Love at First Drive!!!
By bbimmer7

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was an extensive car search, but the minute I got behind the wheel I knew this was the car for me! I wanted something that had the right balance of style, luxury, performance, and quality... the TSX V6 has all of that! I looked at a number of CPO luxury cars, but none of them could compare to value and reliability of the Acura. One of my other top considerations was the VW CC, but I didn't like its bland vinyl interior and below-average reliability. The TSX is a very attractive car. So many sedans these days look bloated and dull. The TSX's sleek profile and aggressive stance make it look like the sports sedan it truly is.

Favorite Features

Um... the 280-horsepower V6 engine! The acceleration is amazing. Makes getting on the highway an ease. I've got the tires to squeal a few times taking off at green lights and stop signs. Overall handling is great too. "It corners like it's on rails". I love the split-spoke 18-inch wheels that come only with the V6. Combined with the chrome window surrounds and door handles, the car looks quite elegant. The interior is great too. I love the Bluetooth audio! The seats are very supportive, with excellent bolstering and leather that's of higher quality than that in most BMWs. The overall dash layout is attractive, not too complicated for me, and the plastics are top-notch.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the transmission had a few more gears. It hasn't been a problem yet, but 5-speed autos are pretty antiquated now a days. Suspension can be a hard on bumpy roads, but my previous car was much softer-tuned Toyota Highlander. I've only had my 2010 TSX for a week, so I'll have to see how well it stands the test of time.

Too small and weak
By ultrarunner100

2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Power doesn't come in until 4500rpm, usually shifts before that point. Manual mode ups the fun factor a bit. Steering is very light but precise. Handling is good overall. Definitely get the v6. Smaller car inside, especially if you're tall or plan to carry a few passengers. Takes premium gas.