2009 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
I like
By Eazgon on 05/04/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I drive it, I just feel so in control of the car. It's comfortable, the display is intuitive and it just feels like the car is one with you. Sound quality is excellent as well and you can hook up your ipod directly and see a listing of all your songs on the console. There are just so many gizmos to this car. Yes, with 4 cylinders you don't feel that extra umph of power you get from a V6 but it's more than enough, especially from city driving. I get 29.4 miles to the gallon (calculated). The backseat feet area can use some more room but it's roomier than the IS for sure. All my friends who have been in my car love it as well. It's definitely an excellent value for what you get.

Is this really what I waited for?
By myfirstacura on 05/02/09 19:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Prior to owning my current Acura TSX I owned an '04 Mazda 3 Sport. I wish I had simply kept that car! The TSX is seemingly slower (much heavier than the MZ3) and has a terrible engine rattle, which is widely reported. Dealers are stating this is a "normal" sound. I would probably be happier with the car overall if it had more power and the engine didn't sound like my 1993 Saturn with 180,000 miles on it. There are also tons of rattles in the cabin, which the dealer (of course) can not duplicate.

A Great Car
By tjny on 04/30/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the TSX with tech package one month ago and could not be happier with it. I traded in a 2003 BMW 325 and enjoy driving this car as much or more than the BMW. It has plenty of power for me and has a nice balance between a luxury ride and a sporty look and feel. I really love all the tech features, especially the sound system and voice-activated controls. I looked at the Lexus IS250 and BMW 328 but neither of them could compare with the price point and value of the TSX in terms of size and features. Anyone who is looking for this size and type of car in the luxury arena should give serious consideration to the TSX.

Great Value
By Fun in So Cal on 04/30/09 10:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A lot of the so called magazine and Web “expert” reviewers need to get their collective heads out of there tailpipes. For some reason it’s fashionable to be negative these days and they go out of there way to be just that about the 2009 TSX. Read the user reviews instead! We are the ones who drive this car on a daily basis and appreciate how well engineered this car truly is. They expect this to be a race car…it’s not… get over it! This is a really fun affordable sport sedan to drive. I test drove everything in the $25-38K range and the TSX offered the most bang for the buck.

Great Car!
By Cyberbro on 04/29/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the car, right car for people that like sporty handling but need front wheel drive for the snow. Not fast but can be fun.

Best 2009 Car Under $30k
By Ryan on 04/29/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Spent a lot of time researching TSX's over several months. Driving the 2nd gen compared to the 1st gen was night and day. This is arguably the best car on the market under $30k for what the car offers as standard features. Bought mine 12/31/08, am 5,000 miles in, and still have a smile on my face every time that I drive it. GREAT vehicle for Road trips. Overall, a very economical car. For a smoother ride, I recommend not putting on aftermarket low-profile tires/rims.

Bad Brakes
By Cedric on 04/28/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car brand new. After about 3 weeks I started to notice the brakes squealing. After seven months and numerous trips to the dealership, the problem has not been corrected. Acura doesn't seem to know how to fix the problem and the dealerships are not willing to try any more repairs. For 30K the brakes should not constantly squeal. What an embarrassment for a vehicle considered luxury. Stay away from this car. For the money buy a Lexus IS. If I go back I would leave this car on the lot. Oh and there is a rattling noise from underneath the car anytime you accelerate. Sounds like something is loose. What a disappointment.

Good blend performance + value
By 3pedals4me on 04/25/09 15:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have 2500 miles on new TSX. It's a very nice well rounded car...very good at everything though maybe not best-in- class at anything, except price/value. Drives very well, taut but not too stiff, nor mushy like Camry. Manual tranny is super though still getting used to that 6th gear. The engine, while not stout, performs superbly...you hardly notice when running at high revs...and MPG compares to my old VW Passat turbo despite being a heavier car (though the MPG reading calculated by the TSX is inflated about 10% vs actual). The interior comfort, esp the seats, are great...and the features (Ipod; XM; homelink; bluetooth) are amazing for the price. Definitely worth a close look!

2nd Acura
By lots of miles on 04/24/09 19:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

TL was last minute compromise on the last day of 2008. Still have a 2000 TL with over 160K on it so Acura reliability is a big plus. I looked at TL-SHAWD, but could not get over the BEAK. I also wanted a manual, fund to drive car with high reliability, low maintenance costs and good gas mpg. This car fulfills all of that and is a pretty comfortable driver to boot. Mileage is averaging 28-31 mpg, 6 spd is easy to use and car is not so "hot" that I am adding too many speeding tickets to my collection. Stereo is good, I dropped XM subscription after new car trial and use an Ipod instead. Overall, a pretty good deal with a low cost of ownership.

Brakes are bad
By BRANDON on 04/21/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car looks great! Smooth ride on the highway. Seats are comfy! Love the chrome finishes on door handles & front grill.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TSX Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*