2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Great Car!!
By iwantone on 06/04/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I haven't had my tsx a week yet, but coming from a Honda accord I feel right at home in fact a much better home. I am still learning the tech package, but I am having fun learning it. I don't need the speed of a V6, so this car is very peppy to me. I am glad I made this choice.

No complaints
By barc2 on 05/28/09 07:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Just leased the 2009 acura tsx without navigation. $400 month nothing down--I could not get a mazda 6 for that price!! Forget the audi 4, volkswagen cc and every other entry level luxury car- you are at $420-$470 oh and none of them have a trunk. My clubs, folding chairs and kids baseball equipment all fit nicely in the tsx. Car is beautiful paladium silver with gray interior-hard to find by the way--dealer was great - something about salesmen in suits as opposed to polo shirts at most other places. Car is solid and tight, very quiet, front seat hugs you nicely like a sports car should - 4 cylinder is not as peppy as my old passat but it is passable. Stereo is above average but not great.

Left wondering about Acura
By TJ on 05/26/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had my new 2009 TSX for two just weeks when I heard a crackling noise coming from the rear shelf area. The dealer said it was known issue; Acura had issued a service bulletin to address this problem. The dealer kept the car to carry out the fix. Picked up the car but the noise returned shortly before I arrived home. Very disappointed in Acura for producing a defective product then selling it with a known problem. The Navi system has also been acting up. Generally the car has a spirited feel to it with a responsive engine. However the on-center feel at highway speeds is very poor-one needs to constantly correct steering. The seats are too firm and leave you sore after a road trip.

The Sweet Spot of Price to Performance
By peterb on 05/26/09 13:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I "fell up" to a TSX when considering a loaded Jetta TDI. For about $3k more, I got a car with much more polish that is as fun to drive. I like both the exterior and interior styling, although some people hate it. I've always driven manuals, but the auto TSX is plenty of fun, and I enjoyed it more than the 6-speed. The car is nimble, extremely comfortable, and is a bargain. Some complain that it's not as muscular as a BMW 3 series or an Infiniti G37. This is true. It's also many thousands of dollars less expensive. For me, this was the sweet spot of price/performance. I have only owned the TSX for a month, so my "reliability" score is at this point more of a hope than a rating.

Review Update - Better than expected!
By mshw777 on 05/23/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 6 mos of ownership, I have to say that I'm very impressed with my 09' TSX. It handles very well, has lots of pep for a 4 cylinder, and is fast! The interior build quality is very good, outstanding sound system, and awesome gas mileage; sticker says 30mpg highway, but I got 34 highway on a recent road trip. This is a very nice compact sports sedan - great value for the money. No regrets on this purchase!

Bang for the buck
By boxster on 05/20/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Lots of feature for the price. Comparable to Mercedes c-class, mbw 3-series as far as luxury features. Performance-wise, it feels under power.

I Love This Car
By Michael on 05/19/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Though less than a month old, I am in love with this car. I previously owned a 2005 Volvo S40 turbo, and while I have nothing but good things to say about that car, I think I like my 2009 TSX better. The interior can feel a bit like the cockpit of a 747 at first, but within days I was comfortable navigating and controlling it. The nav system with integrated blue tooth and iPod is a dream, and the the backup camera, while cheesy, is a nice touch. The only drawback to this car is power. At barely over 200HP, it seems hesitant to accelerate. The handling and braking work like a champ, but I would love to see this with a turbo. Overall, this is a fantastic car!

First Acura
By BlueTSX on 05/11/09 22:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Although no one is ever going to be happy and you can never please those who are picky. I enjoy my Acura a lot and I believe that I have made a wise choice. This is my first Acura and I am very happy with this vehicle.

Problems with tech pack/nav
By ben on 05/09/09 22:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car 2009 tsx /tech pack and since the first week noticed problems with the rearview camera - would not turn on despite the car in reverse. Also having problems with the nav syst. Would not activate despite the car being driven. The bluetooth system is not very clear as BMW and has lots of static. The louder the road noise the louder the static gets when you increase the volume to listen while using the bluetooth. Also the nav syst. will not let you pair the phone and this is an ongoing problems. It took Acura regal dealer 5 visits and a call to Acura headquarters to confirm the above issues. They have stated they will replace the system and all should be back to normal. No guarantee.

Best Bang for your Buck
By MWTSX on 05/05/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Acura did a great job giving performance of a sport car along with comfort and convenience of a luxury car! It's slightly bigger and wider than the old TSX but it comes loaded for the price... I would have had to get so many upgrade packages in other makes to get the base model on the TSX! I didn't get the navigation but it doesn't matter. I had driven other models and Acura gives a nice tight drive with sold performance.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TSX in VA is:

$126 per month*