Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

TSX is so enjoyable to drive!!!
By TSX123

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle three months ago and still I'm in love with it. It's steering and turn radius is great. It's sleek and sexy looking with a sporty feel. It's great for city driving because it's still a smaller sedan, but big enough where you don't get bullied on the road or feel unsafe if you were to get in an accident. The interior is very stylish and although the buttons/navigation system can seem intimidating, it's not difficult to understand how to use it.

The navigation/advanced sound system package is amazing. The stereo and speakers are not only loud and great quality, but it has amazing surround sound. You can hear everything coming at you from all sides. It's awesome!!!!

The only thing that I think Acura could work on is the road noise. At times it can seem loud, but all the other benefits make up for it.

9 month update
By Acura_Numbr_2

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have had car for 9 mos. 17.5K miles averaging 29-31 mpg. I change oil every 5K no matter what oil life indicator says. Car runs fine, and fast enough to get a couple of warnings. 6 speed and clutch work fine. Two complaints. 3400 RPM @ 80mph cruising is a little high, my 2000 TL does about 2150RPM at same speed. I still have trouble with headlight pattern, sharp cutoff of light field makes hills exciting when driving in mountain passes.

Mileage, reliability, driveability.

Little more power, lower RPM at speed, change the headlight pattern.

Very nice. Fits like a glove!
By BOZZ

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I’ve had my 09 TSX 5A for 2 weeks. The car does NOT feel as underpowered as some reviews suggest (an extra 20HP wouldn’t hurt). Steering is not bad (could use more feel). The car likes to be driven fast (unlike my old 06 TL 6M which suffered from serious torque steer and an unhappiness when driven fast). It is also very comfortable and fits like a glove, everything feels right. Love the features: seats, steering wheel, FI paddle shifters, Bluetooth, USB audio (all cars should have this). HOWEVER, there is excessive dashboard glare that washes out the central display in a lot of driving conditions!! Why on earth would Acura use shiny/tacky material on the dash?

Everything: features, driving feel, cabin quietness, outstanding fuel economy, looks, expected/anticipated Honda reliability, etc.

Dashboard glare washes out recessed central display all the time. More sporty car behavior in S-setting on paddle shifters (steering, suspension, power delivery, etc.).

Love My TSX - AWD Would be Fantastic
By KAB

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I most definitely love my car. Outstanding owner experience. Bought it in October 2008 and have logged 17K+ miles to date. No defects at all! I shopped Lexus, BMW etc. and settled on the TSX. Final choices came down to new TSX or used TL (or used BMW 330xi). Former Honda owner so in the end I wanted reliability and sacrificed AWD. The car is a pleasure to drive (quiet, no rattles etc.). For pure fun, I would have bought the BM'r, but did not want to face any downstream reliability or expensive maintenance. The only minor negative is the car is really so-so in the snow (even with snows) ... traction is not great. Everything else meets or beats my expectations!

Satellite radio, Acura ownership experience (zero issues to date with the car), exterior appearance and very happy with MPG (averaging close to 30 MPG as I do mostly highway driving).

1) I would never own another car if Acura added a model with AWD (the TL is a little too big and pricey). 2) Back seat area is a bit tight - not too bad though.

It's still new, but...
By Woodlands

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So after driving some (used) BMWs and Infiniti's, I settled on this as it is brand new and has all the tech features I want. I didn't want to drop another $8-15k for the same things. So far I am very impressed with the performance, although it doesn't match BMW or Infiniti. That's not why I bought it. I do not race cars for a living, I drive near 80 miles per day commuting. I need fun and comfort. This car delivers on these. From the very intuitive voice recognition, to the sat radio and USB interface, there is so much fun to be had here. While it is much maligned by um... "professional" reviewers, I thoroughly love this car. For under $30k it more than meets my needs and wants.

Nav with real time traffic, USB interface, paddle shifters, button heavy console, all the different features with the nav, comfortable seats.

Add push button start/stop. Can't be that much more cost. Find a way to increase rear visibility.

• SUV