Used 2009 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Good value for money
By AcuraCU2

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you're cost conscious, fuel miser, but yet want a sporty, upscale, reliable, practical and techie car, this is the right car for you. I get 31mpg on long trips, Navigation and traffic reports are very useful. Acceleration is pretty smooth up to 100mph (umm...so I've heard ;) Looks nice and modern inside and out, and top notch fit and finish. The car is no slouch, but the car feels faster than it really is when it's moving. Overall, great value for money and should last a long time. I came from the 1st gen TSX, and this car feels more upscale.

Favorite Features

I like the highway fuel mileage, 30+mpg, Can virtually any audio source you throw at it, Bluetooth connectivity is flawless for phone and music, rearview camera and side-dipping mirror are very useful. Navigation system easy to use. Large trunk can handle a bike when split seats are folded.

Suggested Improvements

Drive by wire throttle is most aggressive than 1G, it's somewhat difficult to ease in on the throttle when accelerating from stop. Still fuel thirsty in city. (20-21mpg). Car isn't responsive to voice commands sometimes, so I rarely use it. Navigation screen glare (fixed for 2010)

What a great car
By Hammer

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a TSX 4 cyl in Sep of this year. I have driven it approx 10,000 miles to date. More than normal for us. The reason I wanted to write this review is because I have no complaints about this car. It is the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I'm 60 yrs young and I had many new cars (ie. Chevys, Fords, Volvo, Saabs, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Honda, Nissan etc.), but this is by far the best I've had. I got 37 miles per gallon driving this vehicle on the interstate at 65 mph. I have yet to get under 30 mph with in town and driving home in the country. WOW now to me that is great! I could sell these cars.

Excellent Car
By Tristan

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Acura TSX is my first new car and what a change it is from the previous cars I have driven. While this car is not a power beast, it has significantly more power than your normal sedan. The car is quick and somewhat nimble although when going around turns, I would like to feel more steering response- although this can be attributed to Acura's first attempt at electric steering in the TSX. The design on the outside is very modern and has really nice curves. Inside, the technology is amazing- a decent navigation system, good audio, voice controls- it is a tech nerd's dream. So far the car has been very reliable. Gas economy is interesting- very good on the highway but not great in the city.

Favorite Features

Navigation, voice controls, XM, bluetooth, really great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

XM sound is very muddy, however I don't think this is Acura's fault.

Nice car for the money
By dcb

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned the car a little over 4 months and have put 4600 miles on it. Researched quite a bit and chose over an Audi A4 based on expected reliability and price/feature content. Former 04 Accord coupe 6 speed owner. Gonna buy another new Accord coupe, but drove an automatic and hated it. Drove the TSX and TL after driving the Honda coupe and Acura much better car to me...less road noise, better interior, etc. Accord never went back to the dealer for service in 5+ years...that sold me on Acura over Audi. However, have already been back with break squeal and now have a blown front speaker...not happy about this. Ride is firm, but about right, quiet, refined, handles very well.

Favorite Features

Stereo is great, not considering blown speaker, hopefully an easy fix. Bluetooth is nice and Nav is nice, although not used that much. Gas mileage has been very good. Average about 24 mpg. Computer shows about 1 to 1.5 higher than actual. Seats are firm, but comfortable. Decent acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Steering feel is ok, but not as good as my accord coupe. Brakes are ok, but could be better.

TSX is so enjoyable to drive!!!
By TSX123

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle three months ago and still I'm in love with it. It's steering and turn radius is great. It's sleek and sexy looking with a sporty feel. It's great for city driving because it's still a smaller sedan, but big enough where you don't get bullied on the road or feel unsafe if you were to get in an accident. The interior is very stylish and although the buttons/navigation system can seem intimidating, it's not difficult to understand how to use it.

Favorite Features

The navigation/advanced sound system package is amazing. The stereo and speakers are not only loud and great quality, but it has amazing surround sound. You can hear everything coming at you from all sides. It's awesome!!!!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I think Acura could work on is the road noise. At times it can seem loud, but all the other benefits make up for it.