Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

12 month 25Kmiles update
By highmiles

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have owned the car for a year, 25K miles. Average MPG 28 (mostly Hiway, with local thrown in.) Reliability is great, maintenance costs about $400, all oil changes at 5K intervals. Dealer and manual says I can go longer. Have occasional problems with bluetooth. Either phone or car, not sure which. Have gotten used to sharp cutoff headlight pattern, though it is still disconcerting on hilly roads. Car is very comfortable on long drives.

Manual Transmission, gas mileage, handling. Seats are comfortable. Storage on console for EZPass, etc. Still on original brakes 90% wear left.

Key fob is annoying, opens in your pocket. AWD option. better display on console under glare. for 4 cylinder engine, up HP and torque so as to lower RPM's at speed.

Zero maintenance issues
By Love my TSX

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am comparing the car to a 3 series BMW. And I must now admit I did develop an emotional attachment to the way the BMW drives; the TSX just is not as exciting to drive. Here are the little things that do make up for the performance difference - tire pressure monitor, customized lighting settings, customized locking and unlocking of doors, auto reset of trip meter after gasing up, large GPS display, seemless bluetooth integration, nice all around visibility, very comfortable seats (and still sporty), good storage space, better pedal placement than the BMW, Ipod integration, and finally, zero maintenance issues.

Good value for money
By AcuraCU2

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you're cost conscious, fuel miser, but yet want a sporty, upscale, reliable, practical and techie car, this is the right car for you. I get 31mpg on long trips, Navigation and traffic reports are very useful. Acceleration is pretty smooth up to 100mph (umm...so I've heard ;) Looks nice and modern inside and out, and top notch fit and finish. The car is no slouch, but the car feels faster than it really is when it's moving. Overall, great value for money and should last a long time. I came from the 1st gen TSX, and this car feels more upscale.

I like the highway fuel mileage, 30+mpg, Can virtually any audio source you throw at it, Bluetooth connectivity is flawless for phone and music, rearview camera and side-dipping mirror are very useful. Navigation system easy to use. Large trunk can handle a bike when split seats are folded.

Drive by wire throttle is most aggressive than 1G, it's somewhat difficult to ease in on the throttle when accelerating from stop. Still fuel thirsty in city. (20-21mpg). Car isn't responsive to voice commands sometimes, so I rarely use it. Navigation screen glare (fixed for 2010)

What a great car
By Hammer

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a TSX 4 cyl in Sep of this year. I have driven it approx 10,000 miles to date. More than normal for us. The reason I wanted to write this review is because I have no complaints about this car. It is the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I'm 60 yrs young and I had many new cars (ie. Chevys, Fords, Volvo, Saabs, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Honda, Nissan etc.), but this is by far the best I've had. I got 37 miles per gallon driving this vehicle on the interstate at 65 mph. I have yet to get under 30 mph with in town and driving home in the country. WOW now to me that is great! I could sell these cars.

Excellent Car
By Tristan

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Acura TSX is my first new car and what a change it is from the previous cars I have driven. While this car is not a power beast, it has significantly more power than your normal sedan. The car is quick and somewhat nimble although when going around turns, I would like to feel more steering response- although this can be attributed to Acura's first attempt at electric steering in the TSX. The design on the outside is very modern and has really nice curves. Inside, the technology is amazing- a decent navigation system, good audio, voice controls- it is a tech nerd's dream. So far the car has been very reliable. Gas economy is interesting- very good on the highway but not great in the city.

Navigation, voice controls, XM, bluetooth, really great sound system.

XM sound is very muddy, however I don't think this is Acura's fault.