2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Will Never Leave Acura Again
By Ken on 06/27/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had an 06 TSX and traded it for a pre-owned 06 Mercedes E350. Immediately started having problems with the Benz. Traded back to an 09 TSX w/Tech and have never been happier. Yes, suspension is a little rough but I love the feel of the road and the fun it is to drive. I'll never leave Acura again.

Hot looking car
By Azul on 06/23/09 11:05 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got my TSX almost a year ago now and I get a lot of compliments from ppl. I didn't get the nav sys because it was way more expensive that just buying a separate one if you don't have one already. The brake pads were defective, it started making the annoying squeaky noise after only 4 months. The bracket that holds the trunk door went out of place because some wire was not connected properly, so it wouldn't open with the remote control. They were both fixed under warranty at no cost. Great service, just inconvenient to spend a couple of hours each time to fix a new car.

Not impressed
By Suzie on 06/21/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Traded my 2006 TL. Got the TSX because TL no longer offered a manual transmission. Got the wing spoiler and underbody molding. Looks really "hot" in the basque red. That said, I should have stayed with the TL. Navigation is a waste. I can read a map; "direct route" keeps you on main roads & takes you the long way; traffic conditions on radio is better. Drivers seat has a hard spot in the middle of my back. The switchblade key spring is wearing out in less than a month. Radio has static. Bluetooth doesn't connect (this was problem with 2006 TL; I would think they would have this fixed by now). Computerized MPG calculator isn't correct after fillups.

This car is awsome!
By Martin, IL on 06/20/09 12:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my TSX! Since I got it back in February I put 9K miles on it and I average 27.3 MPG. I also clocked it at 7.1 0-60 and 15.2 1/4 mile. Edmunds times are way off to everybody else's for some reason (car&driver, road and track, motor trend etc) by about 1 full sec. for 0-60 an 1/4 mile! I love the handling .084 and the road feel. You can't beat that value for the money! Try to get a A4 or 3 series for $30K! That's not going to happen! If you're looking for something fun, reliable, with the best resale value in its class - you found it! I'm very happy with my car.

Would I lease it again?
By RC on 06/18/09 22:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven my 09 TSX/Accord Euro for over 3 months and put 4000+ miles on it. My first 4 cyl after 20 yrs. Hate the shake from the engine, (I know the V6 is coming, but for $5K please...) makes the car feel cheap, once accel. it is smooth. The ride is too firm on the highway, very tiring. I've owned sports coupes and luxury cars and don't know if it is the seats (too firm or suspension). Tech pack great, however the XM Radio dynamic range is poor compared to my 06 Nissan Morano. DVD-A and IPOD audio amazing. Who designs cars should create deeper footwells in back seats, stupid. Use the S selection on the Automatic, wow drives like a different car. Too much road noise. Again? No.

Best deal
By pete in ny on 06/18/09 06:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Acura. The first was a 2.3CL which had 180,00 when I sold it. This car is even better. Not only does it have the same look as the much more expensive vehicles but it is economical. I get almost 34 mpg on the highway. A great, fun car.

Jury Still Out
By Vanessa09 on 06/17/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving my TSX for a month now and I like it a lot except for the ride quality. The suspension is way too stiff and the ride is jittery on any surface (as noted in Consumer Report). I'm told that it will soften with time. I hope so. The 5.1 sound system is outstanding. I don't have a problem with the nav screen because I'm short but I can see that if I was several inches higher in the seat, I would see the reflection of the windows in the nav screen. Not good. Excellent build quality overall and no problem whatsoever so far. I'll report again later in the year.

Acura TSX - Muy Bueno....
By iggster on 06/10/09 19:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car offers a great balance between luxury, technology, and practicality. Inside and out it shows Acura's attention to luxury details. It comes with more technology than many other more expensive brands. And this machine gives you a higher then average fuel economy for cars of this size, weight and costs.

TSX Delivers
By Mike on 06/08/09 15:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had our TSX for a short time, but can honestly say that this car represents one of the best bargains available. From the styling to responsiveness, the TSX delivers. Honestly, I hadn't even looked at the TSX until two weeks before we bought the car. The first look left me very impressed. I've had several people comment on how nice the car looks; both inside and out (There are not a whole lot of new cars sold these days, so the lack of a license plate draws attention as does the car). On top of appearance, Acura's top-quality brand reputation made this purchase a no-brainer. Lexus IS was too small. VW CC was nice, but the Acura was better in our opinion.

A real smile creator
By Joey Sugoy on 06/08/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am thrilled with this purchase. I have never had an instant of buyer's remorse. I smile every time I see this car. For a four cylinder that delivers such great mileage, this car is incredibly responsive and a blast to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TSX in VA is:

$126 per month*