2009 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Very nice. Fits like a glove!
By BOZZ on 09/08/09 06:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I’ve had my 09 TSX 5A for 2 weeks. The car does NOT feel as underpowered as some reviews suggest (an extra 20HP wouldn’t hurt). Steering is not bad (could use more feel). The car likes to be driven fast (unlike my old 06 TL 6M which suffered from serious torque steer and an unhappiness when driven fast). It is also very comfortable and fits like a glove, everything feels right. Love the features: seats, steering wheel, FI paddle shifters, Bluetooth, USB audio (all cars should have this). HOWEVER, there is excessive dashboard glare that washes out the central display in a lot of driving conditions!! Why on earth would Acura use shiny/tacky material on the dash?

Love My TSX - AWD Would be Fantastic
By KAB on 09/01/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I most definitely love my car. Outstanding owner experience. Bought it in October 2008 and have logged 17K+ miles to date. No defects at all! I shopped Lexus, BMW etc. and settled on the TSX. Final choices came down to new TSX or used TL (or used BMW 330xi). Former Honda owner so in the end I wanted reliability and sacrificed AWD. The car is a pleasure to drive (quiet, no rattles etc.). For pure fun, I would have bought the BM'r, but did not want to face any downstream reliability or expensive maintenance. The only minor negative is the car is really so-so in the snow (even with snows) ... traction is not great. Everything else meets or beats my expectations!

It's still new, but...
By Woodlands on 08/27/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So after driving some (used) BMWs and Infiniti's, I settled on this as it is brand new and has all the tech features I want. I didn't want to drop another $8-15k for the same things. So far I am very impressed with the performance, although it doesn't match BMW or Infiniti. That's not why I bought it. I do not race cars for a living, I drive near 80 miles per day commuting. I need fun and comfort. This car delivers on these. From the very intuitive voice recognition, to the sat radio and USB interface, there is so much fun to be had here. While it is much maligned by um... "professional" reviewers, I thoroughly love this car. For under $30k it more than meets my needs and wants.

No more Beemer
By Love my TSX on 08/24/09 23:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just made the move from BMW 3 series to Acura and I am very happy with the decision. This Acura drives like a dream and I look forward to starting it up every day. The standard features along with the Tech package give you almost every advanced feature imaginable. The performance is almost comparable to the BMW (steering is a bit remote on the highway compared to a BMW) and is much more reliable (also, less expensive to fix - it is a Honda after all). I researched cars for quite some time before buying and could not find another car that combined luxury, performance, tech features, and style as well as the Acura TSX!

Overall, I am still happy with the car
By unlv on 08/22/09 07:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have been driving the car for 8 months now. I found the ride too firm at first, but now I am used to it. The grill-design has grown on me as well. Steering feel is also fine; it is materially better compared to my old car (a 2004 V6 Camry). While not perfect, it is still a very good daily-driver in my opinion.

Great step-up from the Accord
By howardhonda on 08/10/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for 10 days. For myself, over the past 25 years I have only purchased Honda Accords (all manual trans.). My last 2 have been EX- L and I have always been happy with them. I was planning since last year to buy myself another EX-L Accord (4- cyl) and just by chance I checked out the TSX. I loved it. It came with everything, factory installed, even options like memory seats, passenger power seats, home-link, and directional signals on outside mirrors that you couldn't even get on a loaded 4cy EX-L Accord. In my opinion, the car is so much more solid & luxurious than the Accord. And the gauges and trip computer are awesome!

Amazing:)
By lovin my TSX:) on 08/05/09 10:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 2007 Mazda Miata for a 2009 Acura TSX. I thought I would miss the sporty feel the Miata had...but boy was I wrong. I love my TSX. I have only had it about 2 months...but it is amazing:)Plus all the bells & whistles are pretty nice. And the gas mileage is great...I actually got 38.1 mpg on the interstate during an hour and half drive. Usually around town it gets between 28.5-32 mpg. I definitely would recommend this car to anyone.:) Great buy for your money!

Never again will I buy a brand new model
By BAG on 08/02/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had so many problems with the interior quality sometimes I think I bought an American car... over the past year I've had two blown audio speakers, loose defroster vent, two trunk rattles, Navi screen control unit failure, loose exterior windshield molding and a rattle coming from the dashboard that the dealer can't seem to locate/fix. The only thing keeping me sane is that the deal provides a loaner car every time I bring in my car for service (which is about once per month).

Love It!
By Jerrold on 07/31/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had two Audi A4s and a Ford Fusion, all of which I liked very much. However, for the money, the Acura TSX is the best car I've had. Excellent fuel economy, great features, nice design, and Honda/Acura reliability made this a no-brainer to buy. I, like many, am not overly thrilled with the electronic steering, and it took some getting used to. Frankly, now, however, I don't notice that it's any different from any other car I've driven. It's really only noticeable on highways; city driving is just like any other.

It's been fun to drive my '09 Acura TSX
By Lenny H on 07/29/09 21:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my '09 Acura TSX with tech package three weeks ago. It has been fun to drive it. The stereo system is phenomenal! I have also been using the live traffic report before heading home from my office. The ride is quiet, and the voice command system is superb, even for someone with a thick foreign accent!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TSX Sedan in NJ is:

$217 per month*