Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Never again
By Fred

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owned the TSX for a year and it's been the very worst experience I've ever had with a car. Within 5000 mile the car was in the shop for over a week with engine computer, sound system and break issues. Break issues never resolved and Acura refuses to solve the problem. Buyer beware!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Produce a car that is reliable and safe to drive. The Acura TSX does not pass either test.

Worth every dime!
By Benopp

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Smoothest ride I have ever driven. I drove a rental car for a week and when i got back in my TSX I quickly felt the difference. Audio system is amazing, IPOD interface lacks a bit but works all in all. I have driven over 23,000 miles in my TSX and have enjoyed it every mile. Fuel mileage is good for this class car. I reviewed and test drove many others in this class and others offered far less for equal or more money. Reliability after 20,000+ miles - Vehicle shows no noticeable wear. Brakes ok, Interior ok, Exterior solid.

Favorite Features

Audio System, Trunk space for miles, Comfort, and Style (Nice upgrade from previous TSX)

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower please. This seems to a theme on these reviews.

One Year recap
By socaldude

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm reporting after one year of ownership. Excellent car all around. Since I'm stuck in LA's traffic 90% of the time, the 4 cyl is more than enough for all situations. My main initial complaint was with the too stiff suspension. It has softened a little bit, but still a jittery ride on any surface. Too much for my comfort but I got used to it. It's quiet now that I changed the cheapo and noisy Michelins that came with the car. I put some Bridgestone Serenity (55X17) and what a difference they make. The only problem so far was a blown small speaker that had to be replaced.

Favorite Features

The amazing sound system but it's too bad that it's difficult to find music recorded in 5.1 surround, because it's when it truly shines.

Suggested Improvements

The safety belt buckle is too low. I fight to attach it all the time. The passenger's higher. God knows why.

Former TL and RL owner.
By RLewis

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Ok I have to admit, I'M FINE WITH THIS CAR! I forgot just how fun a car was to drive. Though i think 40 or 50 more horses would've been prefect for a car this size. Still, you're talking to a person that traded his bigger 06 Acura RL in when gas jumped up so high. This car is great on fuel, comfort and style! I've gotten up to 34mpg hwy. Hey we all gas is going back one day. So if you just happen to have this fine car, YOU MAKE GOOD SENSE just like this car. And i really would like to see the follow up to the TSX in the years to come!!

Favorite Features

The trunk!!! The fact that you can connect almost anything to the audio system. GAS MILEAGE! Oh, and the style will turn heads when it's clean or dirty.

Suggested Improvements

Keyless touch entry, nav/sys that understands you better and a roll-up shade for the rear window.

TSX-Tech has 3 E's in its EnginEEring
By acurator

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

TSX-tech is a car without an overkill. It definitely has 3 E's in its engineering: Efficiency, Elegance and Economy. I took it to a long drive (during both day and night time driving) with lots of curves and elevation differences (characteristic in Colorado). You put 91-octane gas in it and it gives 33 mpg (with about 20% city-driving). I drove the car with average speed of 70+ mph with no hard braking and acceleration, though. The handling is great on sharp turns. When you need power it is there. It can easily take 85 mph and you see other cars well behind you. It has so solid feel that you feel confident on road. A great ride for the money. Attention new buyers, it is a green car.

Favorite Features

HID lights, Nav system, ELS-surround Sound system is amazing. Ride quality and looks is great. No engine noise in the cabin (even at 85 mph). High quality materials used everywhere - a Honda characteristic. The car is affordable. Console can make a 747-pilot feel in the car.

Suggested Improvements

Little bit of road noise exists. Should have rain-sensing wipers. Should have option for brighter light in console for night driving.