Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Perfect blend of Luxury and Economy
By Str8sh0otr

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I came to this car from an 03 Maxima wanting something a little more luxurious and better on gas. Mission accomplished. This car has been wonderful. The standard options on this car make it a great value. I have friends with Mercedes C300 and BMW 3 series. I have driven/ridden in all these cars many times and I am glad I saved all that money. There is really nothing comparable in this price range.

Laundry list of standard options even with the non-tech package car. Great gas mileage and superior reliability.

Rear seat leg room is lacking. Ride is a little too stiff for my taste.

Great car with a few qualifications
By subcollector

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in an excellent 05 Nissan Altima. My wife fell in love with the TSX. Very handsome auto with Tech package. A whole lot of useless gadgets. Paddle shifters that I will never use. Nav system is wonderful. Gives excellent fuel economy. Could use some additional interior and trunk room. Steering is somewhat quirky. Extremely sensitive and requires constant correction on straight highway driving. Ride just a bit too sporty. You feel every rut in the road. Handles very well. Very well built. Only problem was a defective speaker. Nice car!

Tech package is great. Handles very well. Fuel economy.

Steering feel needs improvement. Ride quality is too harsh. Trunk too small

Never again
By Fred

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owned the TSX for a year and it's been the very worst experience I've ever had with a car. Within 5000 mile the car was in the shop for over a week with engine computer, sound system and break issues. Break issues never resolved and Acura refuses to solve the problem. Buyer beware!

None

Produce a car that is reliable and safe to drive. The Acura TSX does not pass either test.

Worth every dime!
By Benopp

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Smoothest ride I have ever driven. I drove a rental car for a week and when i got back in my TSX I quickly felt the difference. Audio system is amazing, IPOD interface lacks a bit but works all in all. I have driven over 23,000 miles in my TSX and have enjoyed it every mile. Fuel mileage is good for this class car. I reviewed and test drove many others in this class and others offered far less for equal or more money. Reliability after 20,000+ miles - Vehicle shows no noticeable wear. Brakes ok, Interior ok, Exterior solid.

Audio System, Trunk space for miles, Comfort, and Style (Nice upgrade from previous TSX)

A little more horsepower please. This seems to a theme on these reviews.

One Year recap
By socaldude

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm reporting after one year of ownership. Excellent car all around. Since I'm stuck in LA's traffic 90% of the time, the 4 cyl is more than enough for all situations. My main initial complaint was with the too stiff suspension. It has softened a little bit, but still a jittery ride on any surface. Too much for my comfort but I got used to it. It's quiet now that I changed the cheapo and noisy Michelins that came with the car. I put some Bridgestone Serenity (55X17) and what a difference they make. The only problem so far was a blown small speaker that had to be replaced.

The amazing sound system but it's too bad that it's difficult to find music recorded in 5.1 surround, because it's when it truly shines.

The safety belt buckle is too low. I fight to attach it all the time. The passenger's higher. God knows why.