Used 2009 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Great car
By no

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was a confirmed small car driver but this car has changed my mind, it is not the big slow mid size but a taste of luxury I was not expecting at the price point. It is smooth and effortless to drive and gets me 31mph which is close to my old mini.

The sound system which allows me to plug in my Ipod without having to purchase extra fixtures and the zoned climate control, no more arguing over too hot or too cold with my passengers.

LOVE 09 TSX
By Stephanie

2009 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I had been looking for a car for several months. When the new body style was released I fell in love. I use my vehicle to drive to and from work and school. She (my TSX) has taken good care of me. I look forward to getting in my vehicle every morning, traffic or not she is amazingly comfortable.

Favorite Feature is probably the seat warmers and the ipod connect. I know a lot of cars have this feature now... but I probably use these the most.

The navigation feature is helpful to have when you have a specific address. For some reason when you search for a specific place like CarMax it finds an address in another state. The technology may need to be updated.

Acura owner for life... stop debating, buy
By George

2009 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a Mitsu Eclipse GT for 7 years and put 148K miles (ZERO problems with that car). After contemplating whether to finally buy "my tsx" or continue driving the eclipse, there was no question once I got in. The seats hug you, the interior is nicely laid out and stylish. Good visibility inside the car, love the headlights too. The car grabs the road around turns and cruises down the highway. Even when I hammer on the car, I get no less than 28mpg. When I pay attention to real time mileage, I can get 32mpg. There is a certain power band and it doesn't start until 3500rpms. DO NOT 'race' anyone from a light... the car stumbles at the drop of the clutch until about 2K rpm.

The tech pkg is great... iPod, phone book all integrated on the nav screen. Comfortable ride. Quiet ride. Bought the blue... love the color.

Nav graphics are not nearly what they should be for a car like this... take lessons from Ford or Lexus. Upper corners near the windshield get dirty from WW fluid... poor fluid control design. In the winter, the front defrost doesn't get the lower left of the windshield and the wipers smear.

Great Car
By Scott

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased a '09 TSX (w/out tech package) - great car and compares very well against my '06 TL that I turned in. Well built and very high in the electronics features - much better than my '08 Cayenne. I do not miss the DVD audio system in my TL as I had 1 dvd audio disc - however w/out that feature the stereo is great as is the Ipod interface. Performance is good - not as good as the TL but it gets the job done and the black on black color combination works great. It looks great and drives very smooth. I looked at A4, VW CC, etc but none came close to the deal on the TSX + the dealership blew every other dealership away.

All interior features - yes you do get used to the buttons fairly quickly. The exterior design has really grown on me - for the $$ - about $5K less than base TL - I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Need to get rid of rod that keeps up hood - come on - this is supposed to be an upscale car.

A lovely drive
By Venter

2009 Acura TSX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this as a replacement for a Toyota Corolla and found that the TSX makes driving a pleasure. Very comfortable inside, stylish exterior and more than adequate horsepower. Feels safe and handles well, especially when cornering (unlike the Corolla). Rear view camera makes reversing safer and easier, and all round visibility is good.

Comfortable seats, great fuel economy (not as good as a Corolla of course), superior handling and cornering. Feels and is very safe.

Brakes could have a little more bite (like the MDX we also own) and the cluttered control panel can be awkward to use when driving (but the voice controls offer a great and easy alternative).