Used 2009 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Acura owner for life... stop debating, buy
By George

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a Mitsu Eclipse GT for 7 years and put 148K miles (ZERO problems with that car). After contemplating whether to finally buy "my tsx" or continue driving the eclipse, there was no question once I got in. The seats hug you, the interior is nicely laid out and stylish. Good visibility inside the car, love the headlights too. The car grabs the road around turns and cruises down the highway. Even when I hammer on the car, I get no less than 28mpg. When I pay attention to real time mileage, I can get 32mpg. There is a certain power band and it doesn't start until 3500rpms. DO NOT 'race' anyone from a light... the car stumbles at the drop of the clutch until about 2K rpm.

Favorite Features

The tech pkg is great... iPod, phone book all integrated on the nav screen. Comfortable ride. Quiet ride. Bought the blue... love the color.

Suggested Improvements

Nav graphics are not nearly what they should be for a car like this... take lessons from Ford or Lexus. Upper corners near the windshield get dirty from WW fluid... poor fluid control design. In the winter, the front defrost doesn't get the lower left of the windshield and the wipers smear.

Great Car
By Scott

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased a '09 TSX (w/out tech package) - great car and compares very well against my '06 TL that I turned in. Well built and very high in the electronics features - much better than my '08 Cayenne. I do not miss the DVD audio system in my TL as I had 1 dvd audio disc - however w/out that feature the stereo is great as is the Ipod interface. Performance is good - not as good as the TL but it gets the job done and the black on black color combination works great. It looks great and drives very smooth. I looked at A4, VW CC, etc but none came close to the deal on the TSX + the dealership blew every other dealership away.

Favorite Features

All interior features - yes you do get used to the buttons fairly quickly. The exterior design has really grown on me - for the $$ - about $5K less than base TL - I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Suggested Improvements

Need to get rid of rod that keeps up hood - come on - this is supposed to be an upscale car.

A lovely drive
By Venter

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this as a replacement for a Toyota Corolla and found that the TSX makes driving a pleasure. Very comfortable inside, stylish exterior and more than adequate horsepower. Feels safe and handles well, especially when cornering (unlike the Corolla). Rear view camera makes reversing safer and easier, and all round visibility is good.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, great fuel economy (not as good as a Corolla of course), superior handling and cornering. Feels and is very safe.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes could have a little more bite (like the MDX we also own) and the cluttered control panel can be awkward to use when driving (but the voice controls offer a great and easy alternative).

Fun Daily Driver
By Mark

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 3 months, and it has grown on me with age. After test-driving several other mid-size sedans and sport sedans, I chose the TSX because of its aesthetic appeal inside & out (Yes, I like the grill), overall value and Honda's reputation for reliability. It is a fun car to drive, certainly more sporty and luxurious than the I4 Honda Accord, but it’s not a speed demon. The TSX has been getting 25 mpg combined. It rides smooth, handles with sure footedness, and has some pep when you need it. The iVTEC feels very much like a turbo, there’s lag until it hits around 4K RPM – then VA VA VOOM.

Favorite Features

The Technology Package (GPS, ELS Stereo, iPod Interface, Handsfree Link)

Suggested Improvements

The interior door handles feel cheap, suggest wrapping them in Chrome, like the exterior handles.

Excellent Car
By TSX Owner

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this Acura TSX two weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. This is a fun car. Love the hi-tech features such as the USB port (connect a USB thumb drive or an iPod and listen to music). I like the fact that it charges my iPod and I can control the play list and songs from the dash console. This car has an excellent 360 watt sound system. I also love the gas mileage. This car gives me 26 MPG combined in city and highway and gives me 34 MPG on highway. You won't find many cars in its class with 201 HP, which will give you this kind of mileage. The overall build of this car is great, with superior quality. Don't waste $3000 for a nav, just pay $200 and get a nice nav. Proud & happy.

Favorite Features

The list can go on and on. USB interface for iPod and USB drives, memory/heated/comfortable seats, gas mileage, auto-day and night mirror, turn indicators, passenger mirror drops when in reverse, pedal shifters on the steering wheel, Bluetooth, HID Xenon headlights, sound system, one touch sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

I am not a big fan of the front grille. Add more legroom in the back. Push button start.