Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

2nd Acura
By lots of miles

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

TL was last minute compromise on the last day of 2008. Still have a 2000 TL with over 160K on it so Acura reliability is a big plus. I looked at TL-SHAWD, but could not get over the BEAK. I also wanted a manual, fund to drive car with high reliability, low maintenance costs and good gas mpg. This car fulfills all of that and is a pretty comfortable driver to boot. Mileage is averaging 28-31 mpg, 6 spd is easy to use and car is not so "hot" that I am adding too many speeding tickets to my collection. Stereo is good, I dropped XM subscription after new car trial and use an Ipod instead. Overall, a pretty good deal with a low cost of ownership.

Fit & finish, MPG, handling, interior comfort, transmission. Also have almost 10 years good experience with the dealer.

Go to a key fob, switchblade key is annoying. V6 (I hear that is coming and would have waited). A little more low end torque and re- gear the 4cy; 3100RPM @80mph is high. Move CD slot lower on dash with position light, I find it hard to find at night. blue light illumination could be brighter.

Brakes are bad
By BRANDON

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car looks great! Smooth ride on the highway. Seats are comfy! Love the chrome finishes on door handles & front grill.

Front grill & tail lights & seats

Need to improve on braking! Bit soft & not quick enough! The back seats not enough leg room. The center dash board/ radio display, has a glare. NAV should have "Touch Screen" & voice activated. Blue Tooth is HORRIBLE! Keeps HANGING UP! My brakes keep making squealing noises. Took it back twice.

Acura TSX
By Ryan

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Acura TSX 5 days ago and I love it. At first I would kind of skeptical about buying a 4 cylinder vehicle, never even drove one before, but I can't even tell it's a 4 cylinder. If you are looking for an entry level luxury car, go and test drive one today! I bought mine from Smail Acura in Greensburg, PA and they showed me top of the line service.

Blue Tooth Wireless, XM Radio, Sound System!!!!!! (even though the tech package has a better sound system), Gas Mileage (I am averaging 25 mpg) & looking at the faces of other drivers share on my car.

Maybe 6 CD changer available in the base model.

Great car
By Stathis

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car... premium feeling for not that much $. While the engine is adequate, the lack of torque at low rpm is obvious.

Sound system

A turbo engine

13 years with a Mercedes, now my Acura
By Bru

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I leased a Mercedes C280 sedan new in '96 then bought out my lease. I had considered replacing it since about '03, looked for a new car every so often but couldn't find a worthy replacement, test drove many cars. This TSX was love at first sight. I had no idea Acura had redesigned the TSX until I visited the dealership - old one was a little too small & plain for me. Love It! Awesome! Fun! Intuitive! I feel like I'm driving the best looking car (definitely under 50K!) on the road. Honda/Acura reliability, 0-60 faster than the inline-6 Benz I sold, handles great, all the gadgets you want. Didn't get the tech package because a 6 disc changer is so 90's and I want a portable NAV. Cool!

Engine, Perforated tan leather, Audio system with USB, Seat comfort, Safety: 5 Star all around, MPGs, Acura sales staff professionalism. Design: TSX FRONT!, TSX SIDE! TSX REAR! (dual chrome exhaust even) Interior layout, road feel, size of the car, dash lighting at night, name it

Um...major sun reflection on the Central Information screen on very sunny days with the sunroof open, that's it.