2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
I'm Loving It!
By fsal89 on 08/02/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2003 BMW 325Ci coupe on the 2009 Acura TSX just over one week ago. I was a little apprehensive of going from my BMW to the Acura, giving up two cylinders, German engineering and just the cachet of having a BMW. I decided, however, that I needed to make a change for better reliability and the addition of two doors for practicality. Albeit it's only been about ten days, but I am pleasantly surprised at how much I have fallen in love with my TSX. It has all of the amenities that my BMW had and more. The fit and finish is impressive. Fuel economy is about twenty percent better - 24 mixed in the BMW to 29 in the Acura. People on the street even stop me to ask about it.

Great Vehicle
By SBacura on 07/31/08 04:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just got the car about a month ago and it's a blast to drive. I got the technology package and got it in blue with some sporty accessories. The mpg has lived up to the advertisements. But the color of the dash is very dull leaving little contrast, especially if you get the ebony leather.

Luxury and 30+ MPG
By Wilson on 07/24/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After two weeks of ownership, I am thrilled. Best blend of luxury, performance, reliability, comfort, technology, and fuel economy that money can buy. Period. A comparably equipped Lexus, Infiniti, or BMW will cost $5,000 more, minimum. The Acura comes loaded with standard features, and the TSX's size is just right; roomy but not too big. A surprise has been the 35-40 mpg highway (on cruise control), 28 mpg with some city driving thrown in. With the larger 18.5 gallon tank, it's now possible to drive almost 600 highway miles on a single fill up. Amazing.

I Love This Car!
By Face on 07/17/08 23:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you look outside of Edmunds there are so many negative reviews on this car, but honestly I have no idea what these people are talking about. You get so much technology and bells in whistles for the price compared to VW, Audi, BMW or even Lexus. I looked at them all and even though all those cars were good in their own right I felt the Acura was the one to get. I am 6'2, 250 and find the seats very comfortable and the car a pleasure to drive. This car has the perfect blend of great gas mileage without having the usual sacrifice of an under powered engine.

Very Good Design, ride, and features
By gchaz on 07/15/08 15:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving my new TSX for a week now and love it. Acura did a great job of making the most popular features standard (Xenon, Bluetooth, etc). The car has more than adequate pickup and handles very well. It also has a nice back seat. We test drove the IS 250, A4, G35, and S60/60. The TSX has the best combo of space, size, features, and performance of the group. The TSX's motor is superior to that of the IS 250 and A4 IMO. It has similar real world performance capabilities and gets better mileage. It is a very refined little car. Perfect for us. The IS and A4 were too small in the back seat and don't match the MPG--I am getting 29.7.

Best for the Bucks!
By P MAZE on 07/09/08 05:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased 2 09 TSXs for my wife and son. I own an 07 MDX. Acura is smart in providing a great deal of similarity between all models. The 09 TSX now becomes the little brother to the TL as opposed to the being the big brother to the Civic. My wife had an 05 TSX which we added the ground effects package to to make it stand out. Nothing was really functional and the 09 has seemed to incorporate this in its styling while bearing strong similarities and function to my Tech MDX. Nice ride, excellent handling and eye catching styling. Reliability has always been great and so far gas mileage is as advertised. I have owned a lot of high end. This is the best for the bucks.

My TSX experience
By AlansAcura on 07/08/08 16:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I read a ton of reviews before buying my TSX 09. I found most of the things people did not like, were things I actually liked. Steering, power, number of buttons, front grille and similar items were all big dings from the auto magazines and car enthusiasts. But my experience, so far, is it's a great car. I know it's the lower end of the high end automobiles, but I'm a techy kind of guy, and this car is more to my liking than some of the high end cars. I like not having to stop to fully use the nav system. I like talking to my car to control almost everything in the car. It's even fun to say a few things to it that are not in the guide and find a few actually work I love my car!

Great Decision
By TmK on 06/28/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've been enjoying the car for over a month and I get stopped from time to time by people interested in the car or the basque red color. Fuel mileage has been better than the EPA rating. In all city driving, averaging under 19 mph, we get around 22 MPG. With constant highway driving we get about 35 MPG. We've been happy with acceleration, passing ability and cruising as well. I'm unaware of other upscale cars that match the combination of comfort features, performance and fuel economy. The TSX seats are very nice. My wife likes driving and riding in the TSX better than in the Audi A4 2.8l we traded in. Back seat guests have liked it as well.

Great car
By cypisek on 06/27/08 18:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have the car for over 2 months and I love it. The technology used in this car is cutting edge, none of the cars in this class for this price come close to this. The car is very comfortable and fun to drive, I drive half city, half highway and get 29-31 mpg on an average.

Very nice surprise
By ljp on 06/27/08 01:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving German cars for the past 5 years, but rising gas prices made me look into an entry level sport-luxury sedan with a 4 cylinder NA engine. The TSX is unique in the market, and the car drives like a dream. It's light and agile-feeling, power with the 6 speed manual is good, the comfort is right on the money and the tech features are a bonus. The fuel economy so far is excellent! There seems to be some controversy surrounding the looks of the car, but park it next to a 2008 or earlier model, and it makes the old car look instantly dated. It definitely has more street and parking lot presence than the previous model.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TSX in WA is:

$158 per month*