2009 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Love it except...
By sail6382 on 08/25/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is gorgeous. I have gotten so many compliments on its appearance and luxury features. I didn't do the performance package because it wasn't worth the extra $3000.00 when I can use my handheld Garmin instead. The steering is very sensitive at highway speeds and needs a gentle touch. I'm only getting about 24 mpg with a combination of around town and highway. I was between the TSX, the Honda Accord & Audi A4. I am very happy with my decision. There is plenty of leg room both front and back. I had a friend who was 6'4" comfortably in the back. Plenty of headroom and a huge step up from the Honda Accord in performance, comfort and appearance. Well worth a few extra dollars.

Do not trust the review, test drive it
By haidongh on 08/23/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We only considered Lexus IS or ES and TSX. We have owned 2009 TSX for 2 weeks. It is bigger than IS, which is a good thing and a bad thing. We bought TSX, mainly for the interior. My wife does not like the exterior, but I really like it. The car is the right size for us, but maybe too big for people who need to navigate through tight garage. It is the just the best value for entry level luxury sedan, you get a lot for the money. You have to test drive it to know if you like it or not. EPS saves power.

2009 Acura TSX
By unsichtbaremann on 08/22/08 06:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought this car a week ago and I'm beyond thrilled! Being my first new car purchase out of graduate school, I knew I wanted the reliability of Acura (read Honda) and practical, while still sporty. This fits the bill perfectly. Sure, the grille looks a little odd (or Mazda/Saturn-like), but that's about the only gripe for me. The i-VTEC engine is a great blend of spunk, fuel efficiency and environmental friendliness (even though I'm not on the "save the planet boat," it's still impressive to see a ULEV vehicle that can still perform). The six-speed transmission and the tech package are the way to go!

Very Happy
By SW on 08/18/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased my TSX a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I test drove and compared the G35, Maxima, IS250. I did a ton of research and the longer I've had the car the happier I am with the purchase. I got it loaded with most accessories... the others were much more expensive and lacked comparable features. If you're in the market for a small four-door sedan you won't go wrong with the TSX.

Excellent value in its class
By Anh Nguyen on 08/14/08 18:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Some ask why I just didn't buy an Accord.. it would've been cheaper. After 4000 miles now in my TSX, I can tell them the TSX is definitely worth the extra few grand over the Accord. The ride is better, the materials and fit and finish is a notch above that of the Accord. And the Accord is just a little bit too big for me. Looked at competing products from Lexus, Audi, BMW, etc. and the TSX cannot be beaten in terms of value. Load up the others with the same options as in the TSX and you can expect to pay much more.

Great Ride!
By Rybes on 08/12/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

New & improved! Quite an upgrade from my 06 TSX and I thought that car was nice. This car is hot! Better lease than Accord EX. Civic Si on wish list but doesn't compare! Smooth highway ride with less wind noise. Better turning radius, great steering. Decent MPG, comfy seats like Volvo. Smooth shifting 6M. Grigio Metallic great alternative to silver/gray. Only gripe is the interior trim looks cheap as do the door handles. Acura has made a believer out of me. Loyal customer for life!

A fun Car
By Jeff on 08/07/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had car for two days. Traded in a Camry Hybrid for more than I paid for it 8 months ago w/9k miles on it and couldn't pass on the opportunity. The Camry Hybrid averaged 35 miles per gallon and was a bit uncomfortable, not fun to drive, and most of all I felt that the current hybrid hoopla will soon be looked upon like a fad as new technology is introduced. The '09 TSX gets "near" what I got with the Camry Hybrid, but is more fun and the intention is to drive it to 150k+ miles like I did with my 97 TL (my 03 MDX has 80k miles on it). Have two small kids and the backseat, of course, has slightly less room than the Camry - biggest con, but expected longevity and drive make up for it.

Awesome Car !!
By KW on 08/06/08 17:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had the car for two weeks and love it!! It handles great and has better than expected acceleration. Its comfortable all around and the build quality is great. I am averaging 28 mile per gallon (local driving). Compared many cars to the TSX but the Acura consistently won because of features and price. I got a great deal on the purchase and am so glad I decided on the TSX. Get this car, you won't be disappointed.

Good Value and Ride
By Joey on 08/05/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Ive had this car for about a week and so far it's great. Handling and power are great for a 4 cylinder car. My last car was a V6 Honda accord and it performs as well if not better.

Soooo cute! :)
By Tammy on 08/04/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Within a day of buying this car I drove it across 5 states, nearly 1250 miles in total one-way. This is a pretty quick way to judge a new car. I was coming out of a BMW that I loved dearly but like a bad relationship, it was time to let it go. :) My heart will always be with BMW due to the unbelievable handling, but I have to say that this Acura is really great. It is a cute car, gets great gas mileage, and has a wonderful tech package. I would NOT buy it without the tech package; Acura's technology is amazing. While driving across various states, I averaged between 80-105 mph. So what type of gas mileage did I get? 33 MPG! I am only using premium fuel, as recommended by Acura.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TSX Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*