Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

I like
By Eazgon

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I drive it, I just feel so in control of the car. It's comfortable, the display is intuitive and it just feels like the car is one with you. Sound quality is excellent as well and you can hook up your ipod directly and see a listing of all your songs on the console. There are just so many gizmos to this car. Yes, with 4 cylinders you don't feel that extra umph of power you get from a V6 but it's more than enough, especially from city driving. I get 29.4 miles to the gallon (calculated). The backseat feet area can use some more room but it's roomier than the IS for sure. All my friends who have been in my car love it as well. It's definitely an excellent value for what you get.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency, price, gadgets, comfort, console display, overall appearance.

Suggested Improvements

More pockets to put things, a bit more room in the back feet area.

Is this really what I waited for?
By myfirstacura

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Prior to owning my current Acura TSX I owned an '04 Mazda 3 Sport. I wish I had simply kept that car! The TSX is seemingly slower (much heavier than the MZ3) and has a terrible engine rattle, which is widely reported. Dealers are stating this is a "normal" sound. I would probably be happier with the car overall if it had more power and the engine didn't sound like my 1993 Saturn with 180,000 miles on it. There are also tons of rattles in the cabin, which the dealer (of course) can not duplicate.

Favorite Features

iPod integration, (even though my 3G iPhone always says "unsupported"). People notice my car.

Suggested Improvements

More standard horsepower, improvements in interior build quality, non-premium fuel.

A Great Car
By tjny

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the TSX with tech package one month ago and could not be happier with it. I traded in a 2003 BMW 325 and enjoy driving this car as much or more than the BMW. It has plenty of power for me and has a nice balance between a luxury ride and a sporty look and feel. I really love all the tech features, especially the sound system and voice-activated controls. I looked at the Lexus IS250 and BMW 328 but neither of them could compare with the price point and value of the TSX in terms of size and features. Anyone who is looking for this size and type of car in the luxury arena should give serious consideration to the TSX.

Favorite Features

Interior design, comfortable ride, excellent sound system, voice- activation for all controls, excellent gas mileage--so much car for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights are designed to illuminate the road differently from normal headlights and take some getting used to (brighter close to the car but with a defined line of illumination that limits lighting for distance). This is my only complaint about the car.

Great Value
By Fun in So Cal

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A lot of the so called magazine and Web “expert” reviewers need to get their collective heads out of there tailpipes. For some reason it’s fashionable to be negative these days and they go out of there way to be just that about the 2009 TSX. Read the user reviews instead! We are the ones who drive this car on a daily basis and appreciate how well engineered this car truly is. They expect this to be a race car…it’s not… get over it! This is a really fun affordable sport sedan to drive. I test drove everything in the $25-38K range and the TSX offered the most bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

I drive 100 miles a day on the So Cal freeways. I wanted a car that was comfortable, got good gas mileage, reliable, safe with updated styling and a decent sound system with iPod connection. This car delivers on all accounts, especially the navigation and sound system…Awesome!

Suggested Improvements

I do run Chevron premium gas (no “pinging” problem). Surprised at how many heads this car turns, I wasn’t expecting that! Keyless start would be nice. The auto industry is in the middle of a paradigm shift, Hybrid, electric and hydrogen cars will be taking over. In the mean time I’m having fun…

Great Car!
By Cyberbro

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the car, right car for people that like sporty handling but need front wheel drive for the snow. Not fast but can be fun.

Favorite Features

Tech Package, exterior and ride quality. Dash!

Suggested Improvements

Better Bluetooth phone integration.