2009 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Excellent value
By ne_ct_guy on 04/12/11 08:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've enjoyed my 2009 Acura and am now considering buying out the lease at lease end. This car is an amazing value for the price; great exterior appearance, superb handling (I have the 6 speed manual tranny), and comfortable seating for 4 adults. Edmunds kind of pinged the quality of the interior, but I find that the textured materials used on the dash and the leather in the seating to being close to BMW 3-series vehicles. The only real issue I have found is that there has always been a high frequency noise that comes from the car always at 3200 - 3400 RPM. It isn't terribly loud, but it is there and can be a little annoying. The dealer has told me that it is nothing to worry about tho.

12 month 25Kmiles update
By highmiles on 01/01/10 11:36 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have owned the car for a year, 25K miles. Average MPG 28 (mostly Hiway, with local thrown in.) Reliability is great, maintenance costs about $400, all oil changes at 5K intervals. Dealer and manual says I can go longer. Have occasional problems with bluetooth. Either phone or car, not sure which. Have gotten used to sharp cutoff headlight pattern, though it is still disconcerting on hilly roads. Car is very comfortable on long drives.

9 month update
By Acura_Numbr_2 on 09/19/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have had car for 9 mos. 17.5K miles averaging 29-31 mpg. I change oil every 5K no matter what oil life indicator says. Car runs fine, and fast enough to get a couple of warnings. 6 speed and clutch work fine. Two complaints. 3400 RPM @ 80mph cruising is a little high, my 2000 TL does about 2150RPM at same speed. I still have trouble with headlight pattern, sharp cutoff of light field makes hills exciting when driving in mountain passes.

6 month update
By highmiles on 07/03/09 07:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have owned 6M TSX since Jan 1 and put over 12Kmiles on. Pluses - high mileage, pretty fun to drive, initial reliability is as high as I expected. Minuses - low end torque is light, revs about 3100RPM at 72-75mph. My old 2000TL does 2100@80mph. Other - not sure console display sometimes hard to read, CD slot is difficult to manage at highway speed. I am uncomfortable with long service intervals and change my oil at 5K no matter what oil life indicator says. Overall, good dependable, fun to drive car, would definitely consider another one in a few years.

Best deal
By pete in ny on 06/18/09 06:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Acura. The first was a 2.3CL which had 180,00 when I sold it. This car is even better. Not only does it have the same look as the much more expensive vehicles but it is economical. I get almost 34 mpg on the highway. A great, fun car.

No complaints
By barc2 on 05/28/09 07:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Just leased the 2009 acura tsx without navigation. $400 month nothing down--I could not get a mazda 6 for that price!! Forget the audi 4, volkswagen cc and every other entry level luxury car- you are at $420-$470 oh and none of them have a trunk. My clubs, folding chairs and kids baseball equipment all fit nicely in the tsx. Car is beautiful paladium silver with gray interior-hard to find by the way--dealer was great - something about salesmen in suits as opposed to polo shirts at most other places. Car is solid and tight, very quiet, front seat hugs you nicely like a sports car should - 4 cylinder is not as peppy as my old passat but it is passable. Stereo is above average but not great.

Bang for the buck
By boxster on 05/20/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Lots of feature for the price. Comparable to Mercedes c-class, mbw 3-series as far as luxury features. Performance-wise, it feels under power.

Best 2009 Car Under $30k
By Ryan on 04/29/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Spent a lot of time researching TSX's over several months. Driving the 2nd gen compared to the 1st gen was night and day. This is arguably the best car on the market under $30k for what the car offers as standard features. Bought mine 12/31/08, am 5,000 miles in, and still have a smile on my face every time that I drive it. GREAT vehicle for Road trips. Overall, a very economical car. For a smoother ride, I recommend not putting on aftermarket low-profile tires/rims.

Good blend performance + value
By 3pedals4me on 04/25/09 15:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have 2500 miles on new TSX. It's a very nice well rounded car...very good at everything though maybe not best-in- class at anything, except price/value. Drives very well, taut but not too stiff, nor mushy like Camry. Manual tranny is super though still getting used to that 6th gear. The engine, while not stout, performs superbly...you hardly notice when running at high revs...and MPG compares to my old VW Passat turbo despite being a heavier car (though the MPG reading calculated by the TSX is inflated about 10% vs actual). The interior comfort, esp the seats, are great...and the features (Ipod; XM; homelink; bluetooth) are amazing for the price. Definitely worth a close look!

2nd Acura
By lots of miles on 04/24/09 19:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

TL was last minute compromise on the last day of 2008. Still have a 2000 TL with over 160K on it so Acura reliability is a big plus. I looked at TL-SHAWD, but could not get over the BEAK. I also wanted a manual, fund to drive car with high reliability, low maintenance costs and good gas mpg. This car fulfills all of that and is a pretty comfortable driver to boot. Mileage is averaging 28-31 mpg, 6 spd is easy to use and car is not so "hot" that I am adding too many speeding tickets to my collection. Stereo is good, I dropped XM subscription after new car trial and use an Ipod instead. Overall, a pretty good deal with a low cost of ownership.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TSX Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*