Used 2009 Acura TSX Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Excellent value
By ne_ct_guy

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've enjoyed my 2009 Acura and am now considering buying out the lease at lease end. This car is an amazing value for the price; great exterior appearance, superb handling (I have the 6 speed manual tranny), and comfortable seating for 4 adults. Edmunds kind of pinged the quality of the interior, but I find that the textured materials used on the dash and the leather in the seating to being close to BMW 3-series vehicles. The only real issue I have found is that there has always been a high frequency noise that comes from the car always at 3200 - 3400 RPM. It isn't terribly loud, but it is there and can be a little annoying. The dealer has told me that it is nothing to worry about tho.

Handling/performance, fuel economy (I avg 28.3 w/both highway and city driving), appearance. I have 45k miles on this vehicle and have had no major issues.

Address the high pitched noise generated from 3200 - 3400 RPM.

12 month 25Kmiles update
By highmiles

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have owned the car for a year, 25K miles. Average MPG 28 (mostly Hiway, with local thrown in.) Reliability is great, maintenance costs about $400, all oil changes at 5K intervals. Dealer and manual says I can go longer. Have occasional problems with bluetooth. Either phone or car, not sure which. Have gotten used to sharp cutoff headlight pattern, though it is still disconcerting on hilly roads. Car is very comfortable on long drives.

Manual Transmission, gas mileage, handling. Seats are comfortable. Storage on console for EZPass, etc. Still on original brakes 90% wear left.

Key fob is annoying, opens in your pocket. AWD option. better display on console under glare. for 4 cylinder engine, up HP and torque so as to lower RPM's at speed.

9 month update
By Acura_Numbr_2

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have had car for 9 mos. 17.5K miles averaging 29-31 mpg. I change oil every 5K no matter what oil life indicator says. Car runs fine, and fast enough to get a couple of warnings. 6 speed and clutch work fine. Two complaints. 3400 RPM @ 80mph cruising is a little high, my 2000 TL does about 2150RPM at same speed. I still have trouble with headlight pattern, sharp cutoff of light field makes hills exciting when driving in mountain passes.

Mileage, reliability, driveability.

Little more power, lower RPM at speed, change the headlight pattern.

6 month update
By highmiles

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Have owned 6M TSX since Jan 1 and put over 12Kmiles on. Pluses - high mileage, pretty fun to drive, initial reliability is as high as I expected. Minuses - low end torque is light, revs about 3100RPM at 72-75mph. My old 2000TL does 2100@80mph. Other - not sure console display sometimes hard to read, CD slot is difficult to manage at highway speed. I am uncomfortable with long service intervals and change my oil at 5K no matter what oil life indicator says. Overall, good dependable, fun to drive car, would definitely consider another one in a few years.

Manual transmission, gas mileage, reasonable handling, brakes seem pretty solid.

Lower revs at speed, brighter or different console display. AWD option at some point?

Best deal
By pete in ny

2009 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Acura. The first was a 2.3CL which had 180,00 when I sold it. This car is even better. Not only does it have the same look as the much more expensive vehicles but it is economical. I get almost 34 mpg on the highway. A great, fun car.