Used 2009 Acura TSX Technology Package Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Great car to drive, lasts well. Still some minor i
By yitz1

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my TSX. It's roomy in the front and handles great. It has a lot of good standard features. It has a lot of pizzaz for a 4 cyl. The main problem I have with it are unexpected expenses. I just had to buy a new tire and rim for the second time after hitting a pothole ($1000!). Stupid low profile tires. Unless you live in a place with few potholes, this can be a big problem. Also, it a little plastic piece around the side mirror broke. I figured it would be under $25 to replace. No such luck. They don't sell just that piece. I had to buy a whole new mirror for over $300.
Addendum: Well, 8 years and running. Still rides good, though a bit rough. No real mechanical problems. Tires and rims still fragile and a problem. Repairs still expensive.

Bitter Sweet
By bstern92

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The exterior design is very sporty and clean.
The chunky 5 spoke rims are hideous. The driver's seat is very comfortable and I love the lumbar adjustment, but I don't get why they don't have it on the passenger seat. The passenger seat is almost unbearable to sit in, compared to the driver's seat. The rear seats have absolutely no leg room and your foot gets caught under the front seat, when getting out of the car. Leather is cheap. The driver's seat is already cracking. The steering wheel has a very cozy feel to it. The car's steering is responsive and the 2.4l provides adequate power. The car is amazing on the highway. I would probably not get another. I'm considering a 2013 nissan Maxima

None

Better quality leather. Heated telescopic steering wheel. Nicer wheels. lumbar adjustment on both front seats. Cooled seats. Air conditioning vents for the back seat. Aux input on dash, not arm rest compartment. When using aux, display the artist and song. Get rid of the open channels by the hood cowl. Mice climb in and make a home in the cabin air filter.

Great car, with some issues
By yitz1

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When shopping for a new car in '08, I test drove a bunch of different cars in this class. Though I liked the Lexus IS a little better, it was much more expensive. Overall, I've enjoyed this car. Recently, though, I've been having some issues. The bluetooth doesn't pick up the call until I redial, and they haven't been able to figure it out. The tires and rims seem really fragile and are very expensive to replace. I've been getting vibration in the steering wheel and have been told that all my rims are bent! A little black plastic piece surrounding the mirror broke. I thought it good just be popped out and replaced for about $25; surprise, I had to replace the whole mirror at a cost of $350!

It's really roomy in front and handles great. It has good mileage (although I don't like that it requires premium gas), and surprisingly good acceleration and zip, especially for a 4-cylinder. GPS and sound system are great. I like the styling.

Wheels need to be much more solid. Bluetooth more reliable. Parts more reasonably priced and available .

very pleased, but a few issues...
By natochi

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a certified pre-owned ’09 TSX recently.
The TSX handles like a 3-series but provides a lot more value.
With “S” mode on in the Auto this feels like a different car – from what I’ve heard you’re consistently revving higher and pushing that VTEC more.
Critics give the TSX a hard time for its lack of power but it’s a pretty quick little car.
Turn on “S” mode and pass a semi-truck on the highway and tell me this car isn’t fast.
What I don’t like:
The Hands Free Link audio commands are still weak. I think I already blew a speaker and this seems common as the speakers are a bit subpar.
Other than those, great car!

VTEC engine, comfortable interior, fun to drive, good value, great standard features

Better speakers, improve voice command, Hands Free system needs improvement on Bluetooth

Great car with a few qualifications
By subcollector

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in an excellent 05 Nissan Altima. My wife fell in love with the TSX. Very handsome auto with Tech package. A whole lot of useless gadgets. Paddle shifters that I will never use. Nav system is wonderful. Gives excellent fuel economy. Could use some additional interior and trunk room. Steering is somewhat quirky. Extremely sensitive and requires constant correction on straight highway driving. Ride just a bit too sporty. You feel every rut in the road. Handles very well. Very well built. Only problem was a defective speaker. Nice car!

Tech package is great. Handles very well. Fuel economy.

Steering feel needs improvement. Ride quality is too harsh. Trunk too small