2009 Acura TSX Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2009 TSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Sort Reviews by

Great car to drive, but can be expensive to maintain
By yitz1

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my TSX. It's roomy in the front and handles great. It has a lot of good standard features. It has a lot of pizzaz for a 4 cyl. The main problem I have with it are unexpected expenses. I just had to buy a new tire and rim for the second time after hitting a pothole ($1000!). Stupid low profile tires. Unless you live in a place with few potholes, this can be a big problem. Also, it a little plastic piece around the side mirror broke. I figured it would be under $25 to replace. No such luck. They don't sell just that piece. I had to buy a whole new mirror for over $300.

Favorite Features

Front seat comfort. Great acceleration and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the low profile tires. Sell parts of things like mirrors.

Bitter Sweet
By bstern92

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The exterior design is very sporty and clean. The chunky 5 spoke rims are hideous. The driver's seat is very comfortable and I love the lumbar adjustment, but I don't get why they don't have it on the passenger seat. The passenger seat is almost unbearable to sit in, compared to the driver's seat. The rear seats have absolutely no leg room and your foot gets caught under the front seat, when getting out of the car. Leather is cheap. The driver's seat is already cracking. The steering wheel has a very cozy feel to it. The car's steering is responsive and the 2.4l provides adequate power. The car is amazing on the highway. I would probably not get another. I'm considering a 2013 nissan Maxima

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Better quality leather. Heated telescopic steering wheel. Nicer wheels. lumbar adjustment on both front seats. Cooled seats. Air conditioning vents for the back seat. Aux input on dash, not arm rest compartment. When using aux, display the artist and song. Get rid of the open channels by the hood cowl. Mice climb in and make a home in the cabin air filter.

Great car, with some issues
By yitz1

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When shopping for a new car in '08, I test drove a bunch of different cars in this class. Though I liked the Lexus IS a little better, it was much more expensive. Overall, I've enjoyed this car. Recently, though, I've been having some issues. The bluetooth doesn't pick up the call until I redial, and they haven't been able to figure it out. The tires and rims seem really fragile and are very expensive to replace. I've been getting vibration in the steering wheel and have been told that all my rims are bent! A little black plastic piece surrounding the mirror broke. I thought it good just be popped out and replaced for about $25; surprise, I had to replace the whole mirror at a cost of $350!

Favorite Features

It's really roomy in front and handles great. It has good mileage (although I don't like that it requires premium gas), and surprisingly good acceleration and zip, especially for a 4-cylinder. GPS and sound system are great. I like the styling.

Suggested Improvements

Wheels need to be much more solid. Bluetooth more reliable. Parts more reasonably priced and available .

very pleased, but a few issues...
By natochi

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a certified pre-owned 09 TSX recently. The TSX handles like a 3-series but provides a lot more value. With S mode on in the Auto this feels like a different car from what Ive heard youre consistently revving higher and pushing that VTEC more. Critics give the TSX a hard time for its lack of power but its a pretty quick little car. Turn on S mode and pass a semi-truck on the highway and tell me this car isnt fast. What I dont like: The Hands Free Link audio commands are still weak. I think I already blew a speaker and this seems common as the speakers are a bit subpar. Other than those, great car!

Favorite Features

VTEC engine, comfortable interior, fun to drive, good value, great standard features

Suggested Improvements

Better speakers, improve voice command, Hands Free system needs improvement on Bluetooth

Great car with a few qualifications
By subcollector

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in an excellent 05 Nissan Altima. My wife fell in love with the TSX. Very handsome auto with Tech package. A whole lot of useless gadgets. Paddle shifters that I will never use. Nav system is wonderful. Gives excellent fuel economy. Could use some additional interior and trunk room. Steering is somewhat quirky. Extremely sensitive and requires constant correction on straight highway driving. Ride just a bit too sporty. You feel every rut in the road. Handles very well. Very well built. Only problem was a defective speaker. Nice car!

Favorite Features

Tech package is great. Handles very well. Fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Steering feel needs improvement. Ride quality is too harsh. Trunk too small

Never again
By Fred

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owned the TSX for a year and it's been the very worst experience I've ever had with a car. Within 5000 mile the car was in the shop for over a week with engine computer, sound system and break issues. Break issues never resolved and Acura refuses to solve the problem. Buyer beware!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Produce a car that is reliable and safe to drive. The Acura TSX does not pass either test.

One Year recap
By socaldude

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm reporting after one year of ownership. Excellent car all around. Since I'm stuck in LA's traffic 90% of the time, the 4 cyl is more than enough for all situations. My main initial complaint was with the too stiff suspension. It has softened a little bit, but still a jittery ride on any surface. Too much for my comfort but I got used to it. It's quiet now that I changed the cheapo and noisy Michelins that came with the car. I put some Bridgestone Serenity (55X17) and what a difference they make. The only problem so far was a blown small speaker that had to be replaced.

Favorite Features

The amazing sound system but it's too bad that it's difficult to find music recorded in 5.1 surround, because it's when it truly shines.

Suggested Improvements

The safety belt buckle is too low. I fight to attach it all the time. The passenger's higher. God knows why.

Former TL and RL owner.
By RLewis

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Ok I have to admit, I'M FINE WITH THIS CAR! I forgot just how fun a car was to drive. Though i think 40 or 50 more horses would've been prefect for a car this size. Still, you're talking to a person that traded his bigger 06 Acura RL in when gas jumped up so high. This car is great on fuel, comfort and style! I've gotten up to 34mpg hwy. Hey we all gas is going back one day. So if you just happen to have this fine car, YOU MAKE GOOD SENSE just like this car. And i really would like to see the follow up to the TSX in the years to come!!

Favorite Features

The trunk!!! The fact that you can connect almost anything to the audio system. GAS MILEAGE! Oh, and the style will turn heads when it's clean or dirty.

Suggested Improvements

Keyless touch entry, nav/sys that understands you better and a roll-up shade for the rear window.

TSX-Tech has 3 E's in its EnginEEring
By acurator

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

TSX-tech is a car without an overkill. It definitely has 3 E's in its engineering: Efficiency, Elegance and Economy. I took it to a long drive (during both day and night time driving) with lots of curves and elevation differences (characteristic in Colorado). You put 91-octane gas in it and it gives 33 mpg (with about 20% city-driving). I drove the car with average speed of 70+ mph with no hard braking and acceleration, though. The handling is great on sharp turns. When you need power it is there. It can easily take 85 mph and you see other cars well behind you. It has so solid feel that you feel confident on road. A great ride for the money. Attention new buyers, it is a green car.

Favorite Features

HID lights, Nav system, ELS-surround Sound system is amazing. Ride quality and looks is great. No engine noise in the cabin (even at 85 mph). High quality materials used everywhere - a Honda characteristic. The car is affordable. Console can make a 747-pilot feel in the car.

Suggested Improvements

Little bit of road noise exists. Should have rain-sensing wipers. Should have option for brighter light in console for night driving.

Good value for the money
By PMAZCO

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car runs great. I'm not a racing freak and use this car mainly as a family car. The interiors look great and the exterior is great too. So far the car has satisfied me the way I drive. I have driven it on highways (mountain roads as well) and it runs great. I would wait for few more months and would then assess its reliability. I bought it as a CPO car and assume that the known problems (if any) were solved.

Favorite Features

The USB-link, exterior design, the materials used appear really good, Nav system is well thought, the music-system sound quality is amazing, the fuel economy is good too.

Suggested Improvements

Should use the RDX engine that packs more power with the 2.4L engine.