2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Great car to drive, but can be expensive to maintain
By yitz1 on 05/20/14 11:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my TSX. It's roomy in the front and handles great. It has a lot of good standard features. It has a lot of pizzaz for a 4 cyl. The main problem I have with it are unexpected expenses. I just had to buy a new tire and rim for the second time after hitting a pothole ($1000!). Stupid low profile tires. Unless you live in a place with few potholes, this can be a big problem. Also, it a little plastic piece around the side mirror broke. I figured it would be under $25 to replace. No such luck. They don't sell just that piece. I had to buy a whole new mirror for over $300.

Bitter Sweet
By bstern92 on 09/10/13 13:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The exterior design is very sporty and clean. The chunky 5 spoke rims are hideous. The driver's seat is very comfortable and I love the lumbar adjustment, but I don't get why they don't have it on the passenger seat. The passenger seat is almost unbearable to sit in, compared to the driver's seat. The rear seats have absolutely no leg room and your foot gets caught under the front seat, when getting out of the car. Leather is cheap. The driver's seat is already cracking. The steering wheel has a very cozy feel to it. The car's steering is responsive and the 2.4l provides adequate power. The car is amazing on the highway. I would probably not get another. I'm considering a 2013 nissan Maxima

What a waste, Honda.
By thr33wayclimax on 12/30/12 16:28 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I don't exactly understand the difference between this car and the Accord, other than this one is more expensive and smaller. Read the magazine reviews, they are all correct, terrible steering, too much roadnoise, SLOW. 201 hp in with a 5 speed auto?? NOT A PREMIUM CAR. Cheap leather on the seats, plastic door handles. The best feature, SAFETY, I crashed mine at about 45 mph and it kept me safe, maybe it was the cars way of apologizing for the utter failure this car was? Totaled and it was the best thing I ever did, sad to say. Acura and Honda need to get it together. I was a loyal fan of them, not after this and my RSX.

Safe car! Reliable
By mwqnj on 09/07/12 14:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the tsx. I have had a lot of items worn but replaced by the warranty. Faulty window switch, bad speakers, worn bushings and cv boots. I had only had it maintained at the dealer, otherwise I would have been in serious debt. Brakes replaced all around and trans flush which were my choice to replace. Service excellent. Back is tight but overall this car is fast, fun and comfortable to drive !! It has 38,000 on it and I plan to run it to the ground. Tires are next, not terrible to maintain oil change n tires only big service besides the warranty replacements.

Great Performance and Value
By djrobinson1 on 06/23/12 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased 2009 Acura TSX, with 21K miles, for my wife. Wanted reliability, performance and attractive design. Got it all ! She couldn't be happier...ergo I'm very pleased.

Great car, with some issues
By yitz1 on 02/13/12 07:46 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When shopping for a new car in '08, I test drove a bunch of different cars in this class. Though I liked the Lexus IS a little better, it was much more expensive. Overall, I've enjoyed this car. Recently, though, I've been having some issues. The bluetooth doesn't pick up the call until I redial, and they haven't been able to figure it out. The tires and rims seem really fragile and are very expensive to replace. I've been getting vibration in the steering wheel and have been told that all my rims are bent! A little black plastic piece surrounding the mirror broke. I thought it good just be popped out and replaced for about $25; surprise, I had to replace the whole mirror at a cost of $350!

TSX 2009 - Reliable-No-Torque-Wind-Noise Car
By wantferrari355 on 09/26/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Good value, but boring because it lacks power (4-cyl). Wind noise noticable after 90km/h. Battery is small and died twice on me. Rear seat leg room is limited. Other than above, very good package: reliable, stylish and not very expensive.

Excellent value
By ne_ct_guy on 04/12/11 08:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've enjoyed my 2009 Acura and am now considering buying out the lease at lease end. This car is an amazing value for the price; great exterior appearance, superb handling (I have the 6 speed manual tranny), and comfortable seating for 4 adults. Edmunds kind of pinged the quality of the interior, but I find that the textured materials used on the dash and the leather in the seating to being close to BMW 3-series vehicles. The only real issue I have found is that there has always been a high frequency noise that comes from the car always at 3200 - 3400 RPM. It isn't terribly loud, but it is there and can be a little annoying. The dealer has told me that it is nothing to worry about tho.

very pleased, but a few issues...
By natochi on 12/20/10 14:05 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a certified pre-owned 09 TSX recently. The TSX handles like a 3-series but provides a lot more value. With S mode on in the Auto this feels like a different car from what Ive heard youre consistently revving higher and pushing that VTEC more. Critics give the TSX a hard time for its lack of power but its a pretty quick little car. Turn on S mode and pass a semi-truck on the highway and tell me this car isnt fast. What I dont like: The Hands Free Link audio commands are still weak. I think I already blew a speaker and this seems common as the speakers are a bit subpar. Other than those, great car!

Great car, poor speakers
By phoking on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have the Tech package 6 speed and love the car, but have a few complaints here and there and have owned it for just under 1 year. Pros, I love the interior look of the car. The design of the dashboard is pretty sleek and I think everything flows really nicely. Especially the gauges at night. You get a pretty nice feel from the shifter. but lately it feels like it kinda "clunks" in to 3rd instead of slipping in like it usually does. And with the tech package, you get one of the best sounding factory audio settings Cons: with that said about the audio, the speakers are bad quality. I've had 3 speakers blow since owning the car, and I listen at moderate to low levels only. Handling is subpar.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TSX in VA is:

$126 per month*