Used 2009 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Don't think twice just buy it!
By Mark Wilmes

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my TSX used in early 2014. My company moved from the suburbs to downtown so my commute changed from an easy 10 minutes on a turnpike to 20-30 minutes of Indy 500 with crack-ups and rescue vehicles included, and I'm so glad I bought the TSX instead of some larger sedans or SUV's I was looking at. My wife has a 2011 Pilot EXL so the need for another SUV really wasn't there anyway. We've had or still have six Honda's and two Acura's plus Mazdas and Nissans and some Fords. I'm getting over 25 MPG even with all the stops and starts and racing that I'm doing. I use the paddle shifters ALL THE TIME and it's so cool to pass or get around someone and then to accelerate and just get away from them (even within the speed limit, the acceleration is awesome). I did read the reviews about geting the 6 cylinder if you can find one, and I did test drive a 4 cylinder and then a 6 cylinder, back to back and the 6 is spectacular. I wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger, and the color of the 6 cylinder was white and I prefer black. The paddle shifters make the 4 cylinder a blast. This car is very fun to drive. It's easy to find a 4 cylinder in the color combination you want, and when you do, just buy it! I got mine with 64,000 miles on it and I'm at 104,000 after 20 months. I'll probably take it to 135,000 miles and then sell it and get a 2013 or 2014. This car is great for getting around in the parking garage, and my 17-year old son and his buddies think it's pretty slick!

Great car to drive, but can be expensive to maintain
By yitz1

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my TSX. It's roomy in the front and handles great. It has a lot of good standard features. It has a lot of pizzaz for a 4 cyl. The main problem I have with it are unexpected expenses. I just had to buy a new tire and rim for the second time after hitting a pothole ($1000!). Stupid low profile tires. Unless you live in a place with few potholes, this can be a big problem. Also, it a little plastic piece around the side mirror broke. I figured it would be under $25 to replace. No such luck. They don't sell just that piece. I had to buy a whole new mirror for over $300.

Front seat comfort. Great acceleration and handling.

Lose the low profile tires. Sell parts of things like mirrors.

Bitter Sweet
By bstern92

2009 Acura TSX Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The exterior design is very sporty and clean. The chunky 5 spoke rims are hideous. The driver's seat is very comfortable and I love the lumbar adjustment, but I don't get why they don't have it on the passenger seat. The passenger seat is almost unbearable to sit in, compared to the driver's seat. The rear seats have absolutely no leg room and your foot gets caught under the front seat, when getting out of the car. Leather is cheap. The driver's seat is already cracking. The steering wheel has a very cozy feel to it. The car's steering is responsive and the 2.4l provides adequate power. The car is amazing on the highway. I would probably not get another. I'm considering a 2013 nissan Maxima

None

Better quality leather. Heated telescopic steering wheel. Nicer wheels. lumbar adjustment on both front seats. Cooled seats. Air conditioning vents for the back seat. Aux input on dash, not arm rest compartment. When using aux, display the artist and song. Get rid of the open channels by the hood cowl. Mice climb in and make a home in the cabin air filter.

What a waste, Honda.
By thr33wayclimax

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I don't exactly understand the difference between this car and the Accord, other than this one is more expensive and smaller. Read the magazine reviews, they are all correct, terrible steering, too much roadnoise, SLOW. 201 hp in with a 5 speed auto?? NOT A PREMIUM CAR. Cheap leather on the seats, plastic door handles. The best feature, SAFETY, I crashed mine at about 45 mph and it kept me safe, maybe it was the cars way of apologizing for the utter failure this car was? Totaled and it was the best thing I ever did, sad to say. Acura and Honda need to get it together. I was a loyal fan of them, not after this and my RSX.

Crash Safety, HID's....thats it. Smooth underpowered engine. its refined though.

Better interior materials. No upgrade from a honda. Better driving dynamics, if not improve the ride quality. Reduce road noise, and NOT with active noise cancellation, use real sound deadening materials, don't be cheap, Honda.

Safe car! Reliable
By mwqnj

2009 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the tsx. I have had a lot of items worn but replaced by the warranty. Faulty window switch, bad speakers, worn bushings and cv boots. I had only had it maintained at the dealer, otherwise I would have been in serious debt. Brakes replaced all around and trans flush which were my choice to replace. Service excellent. Back is tight but overall this car is fast, fun and comfortable to drive !! It has 38,000 on it and I plan to run it to the ground. Tires are next, not terrible to maintain oil change n tires only big service besides the warranty replacements.

Heated seats, iPod control, sport mode, fuel range and tire monitors.

Better hands free link, more leg room in back,

• SUV