2008 Acura TSX 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The Almost Perfect Car

2008 Acura TSX - Consumer Review

The Almost Perfect Car
By Scundo on

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I know there are a lot of complaints about the low end torque. Let's put things in perspective though. It's a 2.4L 4 cylinder putting out 205 naturally aspirated horsepower. It does it in an extremely smooth manor too. Isn't that how a sport luxury sedan engine should perform? After driving everything from fire-breathing pushrod v8's to boxer 4's all I can say is this engine is a jewel. Honda/Acura builds the best 4 cylinders. Period. Smooth, powerful, economical. The gearing on the 5 speed auto is excellent. The interior is flawless. Everything where it should be and it's very comfortable. Awesome handling. Steering is perfectly weighted. Drive by wire throttle is very slick.

Favorite Features

Engine, suspension, interior, exterior. In that order. Very refined, mature looking sedan. Not trendy or "boy racer" looking. Might even be described as boring. I wouldn't say that but I know in 10 years this car will still be handsome. Just like an Acura should be.

Suggested Improvements

18" wheels. Same design, same tire choice. Just 1" larger please.