Fun Commute to Work Car
By kts62 on
2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought this to replace a '98 Volvo S70 as my daily commuter car. Decision keys were reliability, comfort/ride, sporty handling and gas mileage. I have had the TSX only for 700+ miles and it's very fun to drive with more creature comforts than any competitor and I'm getting 32.6 actual MPG in 80% hwy/20% city Boston commuter traffic. I didn't get nav as I know how to get to/from work and top of the line Garmin is $1300 less than Acura nav. system. Weekends jaunts are smooth fun and it fits the family of 4 just fine. Not as fancy or stylish as IS-250/BMW 3 series, but it looks fine and is also about $7-9k less!
Favorite Features
The abundance of creature comforts! Comfy heated seats with power, memory and leather, good sounding AM-FM, CD chngr, XM radio. Good instrumentation, seating position. Effective Bluetooth hands free phone interface & microph., fun sport shift when I want it and plenty of pep with 32.6 mpg to boot!
Suggested Improvements
Hard to find fault with anything. Door sounds light weight (cheap) when giving it the 'door slam' test. You can always use a bit more low end torque to get it moving from a stop. Styling is bit boring but there's new model coming in spring as an '09. I've no complaints.