College Toy
By phawk590 on
2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Though I miss it greatly, I traded in my Tahoe z71 due to gas prices. As a serious car buff i searched long and hard for a good car to purchase that i could take to college. Factors included attractiveness, performance, gas mileage, comfort, resale value, MSRP, and expected yearly cost including gas. The TSX has filled its position nicely, performing and driving better than my girlfriend's 2009 model. My notes are as follows; allow a break in period as it is required to get to peak performance, 65-70 on a flat trip you will get well over 30 mpg, the car does turn heads, the leather on the seats creases easily, the kick plates will chip quickly, and it is well worth it to add a cold air intake.
Favorite Features
The navigation in the TSX, as in most Acuras, is superb. The exhaust note, for those to whom it matters, is a nice purr and evidence of the small but mighty performance tuned 2.4L engine. And for a college student the great trunk space is a major plus.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission is slow to down shift especially under moderate acceleration. To me though, the greatest downfall is the lack of a factory turbo option on the TSX, and something still not available on the 2009 model. On a minor note, the sunroof button should perhaps be relocated as it is awkward.