Used 2008 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Acura TSX 2008 Loaded
By Mary Fitzpatrick

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Only premium gas ever used.Low profile tires increase performance and safety in trade for 21 mpg city. Can take a wet, snowy, or iced hairpin turn at 75 mpr without incident. Carpets like new. Mats. Leather interior. No road noise. Spoiler. Sun roof. 2 new tires. New battery. Low mileage = 20,030. Large trunk space. Finger tip steering. Made in Japan. Dealerships still as accommodating as if it was new, including free loan car. Ergonomucal ease of entey and exit. No blind spots. Dashboard alerts and tracking. 2008 original navigation package.

A German car born in Japan
By Andy

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

What a Car! One of Honda's best!!
I purchased a used 08 TSX with over 100k as a daily. Drives better much much then my brand new 2015 Honda accord. This TSX is made in Japan and the new Accord in Ohio, just goes to show the difference in quality.
Excellent handling and performance. Its a real drivers car, quality interior not cheap plastics like the new accord. You feel you have the power of a V6 with that Vtec 4 cylinder.
I have owned a BMW 3 series, A4, A6 and a C300. But this car is on par with all the other german rivals if not much better definitely then the 3 series e90 I had before the TSX. It handles like a dream and corners just great, even though it is not RWD. It is very very tight on corners! I have driven this up the mountains and on bends and handles perfectly. The reliability is just great as it is a Honda. This engine is bullet proof, one of Hondas best engines. I have seen 250K on these cars and they still drive great. Great Sound system, HID lights and Very comfortable seats!
This car is a hidden gem. You hardly see any on the roads, most people dont know about this brand and model that Honda has produced for its europe market but rebranded as Acura for the USA. If you can get a low mileage (100k) with service history BUY IT!! you wont be disappointed as they will go past 250k flawlessly . They Look great and modern and I got a lot of compliments too even though it was a 2008.

A Precision Driving Machine
By Have Car Will Travel

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Acura, and 2nd tsx. The tsx is a real drivers car. You have the feeling that you have a precision instrument in your hands. A feeling of tactile feedback from the steering wheel. The sound of the engine has a pleasant resonance. Acceleration off the line is decent, and top end acceleration is excellent. The front seats are exceptionally comfortable, and the car is very reliable. It gets about 25 mpg. It is fun to drive, and it runs like a Swiss watch.

Quality, reliability, fun, and economy in one car.

Telescoping steering wheel,signal lights in the side mirrors,and maybe another 20 to 25 horsepower.

Best car I have ever owned
By otp1971

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife in late 2007, this car has been a great car, exactly what we were hoping for. The reviews kept pointing toward this car and I am very happy we purchased. The lease ends in a couple months and we are torn between keeping this car and leasing the 2010 RDX. It can't be beat for the price, if you consider quality, features and Luxury Brand. Not the quickest car on the road, but still a lot of fun to drive and feels quicker than numbers indicate. We have the black with parchment and wood interior, a great combo. The MPG are decent if you drive normal, last tank was 26 MPG with 60/40 HWY/CITY. I would highly recommend this car and the Honda products.

Look, quality of interior, fit & finish, Bluetooth, great handle and spirited VTECH engine

Nothing, maybe relocate oil filter for the handyman that changes his own to save $25

I'm in love with my Acura TSX
By elleaz

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura, and it was love at first sight. I built my Acura online, and the metallic cool light blue is the most beautiful color of all. This car is classy. It's pure BS about the engine being underpowered - I accelerate faster than anyone around me 100% of the time. Of course, you have to know how to hit the accelerator, and I've lived long enough to do that. There are a few minor things that are less than perfect. The location of controls on the steering wheel could be better. The door does not always stay open in the half-open position. My biggest disappointment is the changes to the design in the 2009/10 models. They've managed to destroy a beautiful thing.

It's fast, and it's fun! The handling is beautiful.

The 2008 styling was perfect. Go back to the 2008 design, idiots! Bring back the male voice for the voice activated commands and navigation. Lots of TSX drivers are classy ladies, and we want that sexy male voice!