Used 2008 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

More Power Please
By Moclvland

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car replaces a 2004 TSX manual without the Nav and no built in XM. This a great car for the money. There is no other model out there with the same features and quallity for the price (aroung 30k). The 08 car has a lot more bells and whistles than the 04 version and I love it. The biggest downside to this car is the underpowered engine. I had a manual last time and went with the automatic this time... big mistake. The manual allows you to get much more power out of the engine.

XM radio, Blutooth (works great), hands free link, power seats and memory. Heated seats. Love the naviagaiton system. Voice command system works great. Fit and finish is flawless!! Interior is very nice.

More power. Are there any other cars in this class with a 4 cylinder engine for 30k? I doubt it. Probably won't buy another unless they increase the engine size.

This Car is a BLAST!
By Mom's Car Rocks!

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at Lexus, BMW 3s, Audi, Benz & Infiniti. Feature to feature, sticker to sticker, NO CONTEST. Classy look, beautiful interior, every option standard (not nav.) for $5-10K less. I've owned 2 Hondas before, 1 Audi, and 1 MB-E class. This is a great car for those $3.50+ per gal. fill-ups without feeling like you are stuck with a boring ride. It handles great in the corners, stops swiftly, hauls tail on the freeway and still gets my blood pumping. I love this car, but when they get a V-6 or turbo, I'm soooo there! I needed better mileage, which the TSX delivers (26 in major traffic everyday). The TL was too heavy feeling for me and I know I would be getting WAY too many speeding tickets

Bluetooth, leather seats, dual climate controls, great mileage, solid Acura reputation.

V-6, daytime running lights, auto headlight (yes, I'm spoiled).

'08 TSX
By '08 TSX

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Replaced '03 TL-S and while I miss the power of the V6, the trade off of better handling and trimmer size was worth it. Good power above 3000 RPM, responsive manumatic makes it easy to stay in the power band when needed. Build quality is flawless. Fuel mileage has been the only disappointment-only 24MPG, about the same as the heavier more powerful TL. Overall, I am very happy with this car, and think it is a great value.

Steering accurate & perfectly weighted, great ride/handling balance, smooth transmission with precise manual shifts, fully equipped--heated leather seats, moonroof, Bluetooth.

Memory setting for mirrors, programmable door locks, more power below 3000 RPM

Great Car
By TonyLanc

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you're looking for loads of power, don't buy this car. But if you are looking for good gas mileage and a car with a lot of options with a little luxury and sport, this is the car for you.

XM radio, voice commands, Hands-Free link, oil-life monitor, tire-pressure monitor

Improve driver side room so someone 6 feet or taller can get in and out easier.

Just got mine
By Rich W

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my 2008 TSX. I drove the car online using Acura's virtual system and found it to be perfect. I spent less than 30 minutes at the dealership to get a feel for the real car. After a couple of days of haggling my TSX was shipped from Lexington. This is about the 10th Honda/Acura that I have owned and the TSX has the least peppiest motor of them all. My salesperson described the TSX as an Accord on steroids and I would have to say that the statement is accurate. Acceleration is boring but the rest of the car fits me perfectly. Not sure if they changed the stock stereo system in 2008 but my stereo sounds great. It works great with my iPod.

I like the voice recognition software. The iPod hookup is a plus. I got a rear deck spoiler and I think it helps with the overall appearance of the car. I think Acura/Honda paints a nice red car.

Crazy that this car only gets 20 MPG in the city being that it is horribly underpowered. I would have paid to be able to type S my TSX.