2008 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Terrific package
By DB from NC on 10/21/07 08:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My eye's been on this car for some time, but after my first test drive, I thought it was a bit anemic under the hood. Decided it was best to wait for the '09, but then saw a great lease deal and test drove again. Realized with good use of the manumatic, you can really bring out performance. So pulled the trigger on the deal and have no regrets. It's a fully loaded little beasty that's just great to drive. Would match it up against the Lexus IS 250 any day for 5k less.

Satisfied Owner
By Larryken on 10/14/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I don't agree with posters who aren't satisfied with the engine's power. I'm getting up to 35mpg on highway and never less than 31 mpg on a mixed driving tank. The car has plenty of zip for me (pleasant surprise) and handles very well. The technology provided is useful (bluetooth, homelink). The stereo is ok but not great, seats are most adjustable and comfortable. Agree with some that looks are mundane but I don't see the outside of the car when I'm driving. The cost to features ratio is very high. I've driven the car three months and 2500 miles. No problems and the interior is big enough, I'm 6 feet.

Enjoying 3rd gear a lot :)
By Knight1 on 09/24/07 21:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I went from a 1993 Honda accord with 250,000 mi on it to this brand new 2008 TSX 6 speed manual. The car is fun to drive, love the interior, tame when you want it to be, and gives you that push back in your seat feel. Plus it is fully loaded. Your options are, with nav or without. This is what I did not like about the Lexus IS 250, you had to compromise on gadgets.

Great Ride! Great Price!
By TLP on 09/22/07 07:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I focused my search to upgrade my ride from a long-in-the-tooth '98 Civic EX (168,00 miles and still going strong) on the Honda and Toyota lines. I wanted an economical sedan that was an upgrade from a Civic. I considered Solara, Camry, Lexus IS, and Accord. The TSX was an easy winner - based on value, appearance, size, and performance. My wife drives an '05 Accord and when we first test drove the TSX, she said "It looks like my Accord". Let me assure you, this is definitely not an Accord. The TSX is shorter and narrower than an Accord (it is actually more similar in size to my Civic). From a performance standpoint this car has great road feel. Try it, you will like it.

TSX = Honda Accord on crystal meth
By Jimmy Kimmy on 09/06/07 00:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

In Japan and Europe, TSX is called Honda Accord. And this Accord is not the same as the one my dad used to drive. Acceleration is good and feels fantastic when you down shift and mash the gas pedal. Just keep the rpm above 5K and it will keep you smiling. If you want to pass someone in a hurry doing 70 in 6th gear, forget about down shifting to 5th or 4th. Just go straight to 3rd gear open it up and feel the rush as the bigger cam kicks in at close to 6000 rpm all the way to the redline. It doesn't sound/feel harsh at high rpm. Handling is best part of TSX. Being 4 cyclinder makes TSX handle better than cars with bigger engines, and I'll take better handling over extra torque anyday.

Wow! What took me so long?
By mrbeds on 09/02/07 19:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've driven over 40000 miles per year for the last 15 years and I used to think "a car is a car". Not any more - the TSX changed that! After 4700 miles in 5 weeks I still can't wait to drive the TSX. I am much more involved in driving the TSX, probably because input and response is excellent. Compared to my last "big 3" vehicle this is a definite step-up at a very similar cost. This car likes to run with the big dogs! It doesn't know it is considered an entry level sport sedan.

1st Acura
By TJFHRB on 09/02/07 05:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first upscale sedan - a big step up from Honda Civic. Wanted to stay with the Honda family so Acura is a good fit. The TSX fits my desire for a smaller sedan, I hate driving big cars. It handles well on the highway and is comfortable to drive. Very happy overall especially in this price range. Am a bit disappointed in sound system but it will do. The navi system is a neat feature but not as easy to use or as comprehensive as I had hoped. Maybe the experience will improve in time as it is all new and I just purchased the vehicle. Great fit and finish inside.

Fun Commute to Work Car
By kts62 on 09/01/07 09:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this to replace a '98 Volvo S70 as my daily commuter car. Decision keys were reliability, comfort/ride, sporty handling and gas mileage. I have had the TSX only for 700+ miles and it's very fun to drive with more creature comforts than any competitor and I'm getting 32.6 actual MPG in 80% hwy/20% city Boston commuter traffic. I didn't get nav as I know how to get to/from work and top of the line Garmin is $1300 less than Acura nav. system. Weekends jaunts are smooth fun and it fits the family of 4 just fine. Not as fancy or stylish as IS-250/BMW 3 series, but it looks fine and is also about $7-9k less!

Acura hit the Sweet Spot
By Mike on 08/12/07 23:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our second TSX (we have a 2004) and we couldn't be more pleased with this car. We considered Audi A4, Lexus IS 250 and BMW 3-Series before settling on a second TSX. They each had their strong points, but none of them really balanced the equation of price, performance, economy, features and reliability that the TSX manages. This has got to be the hidden gem of the Acura lineup. Check it out or you may just be disappointed with your next purchase!

Good entry level luxury sedan
By William on 08/08/07 20:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Starting off with the negative. The TSX is underpowered for this segment. It also has pretty bland exterior styling. I would also expect better mileage for a 4 cyl engine. Radio is just awful. That said, it is fun to drive and no other car comes close to standard features for the price. Interior of the car is well designed and well made. Everything is well placed and comfortable except the station knob for XM radio. Steering wheel controls only scroll through the presets and if one wanted to simply change stations to something not set as a preset, the reach is a little far while driving. Seats are comfortable, but in a sporty way and they hold the driver in place. Very satisfied overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.