Used 2008 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Glad I leased it!
By TL

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Previous vehicles were all VWs so you can imagine my surprise that I now have a reliable vehicle. I love the way the car handles on the road and the pick up is a plus. The interior is very comfortable as I am 5"10" tall and don't at all feel cramped. Got a great deal at the end of the year and liked the '08 model much more than the "09 model that was about to come out.

Favorite Features

Memory seats, tilting side mirrors, bluetooth, leather quality

Suggested Improvements

Have the controls on the steering wheel be brighter, be able to see both the artist and song on the stereo (for models w/o nav), better gas mileage, more color choices, push button start and a "smart key" would be great. Nissans have it!

Best value out there at this price
By kjones00

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Previous vehicles were all domestic trucks/SUVs. This little car is big on fun, features, & value. 6-sp transmission is the way to go - crisp and smooth. Could use more torque off the line, but then again I'm averaging 26 mpg with about 60/40 city/hwy driving. Exterior design is clean and has a "smart" look to it. Interior is cozy, with soft to the touch materials, and also feels bigger than it actually is. Had a great experience with dealer; all done over the phone. If you're looking for the perfect balance of design, style, performance, and economy, this simply can't be beat at the price point.

Favorite Features

Black/tan color combo, 6-spd tranny, extra bright HID's, decent stereo, gas mileage :)

Suggested Improvements

Can't view the outside temp and odometer at the same time in the infocenter? No compass on the non-navi model? I'm not fond of the '09 redesign; what's up with the 6in fender flares?

Great entry-level luxury car
By Drew

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car, with excellent features for its price. I have been driving it for about a week and I love it. Nice handling and great gas mileage. Sure, some people would want a little more HP, but its works fine for me and I have no problems passing other cars. I have the parchment interior with wood trim, it just looks magnificent. Dealer gave an offer that we couldn't refuse. About the same size as my old 2005 Infiniti G35 so it works out great. Been looking to switch to Acura after buying an Accord last year and now my wife drives the Accord and I have the Acura.

Favorite Features

Navigation, bluetooth, power everything, great handling.

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights, phone upload for navigation (accord has it), V6 model and more aggressive looking alloys.

Acura TSX
By MW

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the look of the car. Worse when it comes to gas mileage. Would be better if premium gas was not required. However, the memory seats are great!!

Favorite Features

Sporty look!

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage. Seem to be only getting about 18 city and 25 if lucky on the highway. Very noisy when driving on the highway.

College Toy
By phawk590

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Though I miss it greatly, I traded in my Tahoe z71 due to gas prices. As a serious car buff i searched long and hard for a good car to purchase that i could take to college. Factors included attractiveness, performance, gas mileage, comfort, resale value, MSRP, and expected yearly cost including gas. The TSX has filled its position nicely, performing and driving better than my girlfriend's 2009 model. My notes are as follows; allow a break in period as it is required to get to peak performance, 65-70 on a flat trip you will get well over 30 mpg, the car does turn heads, the leather on the seats creases easily, the kick plates will chip quickly, and it is well worth it to add a cold air intake.

Favorite Features

The navigation in the TSX, as in most Acuras, is superb. The exhaust note, for those to whom it matters, is a nice purr and evidence of the small but mighty performance tuned 2.4L engine. And for a college student the great trunk space is a major plus.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission is slow to down shift especially under moderate acceleration. To me though, the greatest downfall is the lack of a factory turbo option on the TSX, and something still not available on the 2009 model. On a minor note, the sunroof button should perhaps be relocated as it is awkward.