Used 2008 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

The Almost Perfect Car
By Scundo

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I know there are a lot of complaints about the low end torque. Let's put things in perspective though. It's a 2.4L 4 cylinder putting out 205 naturally aspirated horsepower. It does it in an extremely smooth manor too. Isn't that how a sport luxury sedan engine should perform? After driving everything from fire-breathing pushrod v8's to boxer 4's all I can say is this engine is a jewel. Honda/Acura builds the best 4 cylinders. Period. Smooth, powerful, economical. The gearing on the 5 speed auto is excellent. The interior is flawless. Everything where it should be and it's very comfortable. Awesome handling. Steering is perfectly weighted. Drive by wire throttle is very slick.

Engine, suspension, interior, exterior. In that order. Very refined, mature looking sedan. Not trendy or "boy racer" looking. Might even be described as boring. I wouldn't say that but I know in 10 years this car will still be handsome. Just like an Acura should be.

18" wheels. Same design, same tire choice. Just 1" larger please.

Love It!
By gc

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 2yrs now and overall I truly love it. I have it in pearl white w/ black leather interior and it looks great. The HIDs are awesome and the handling is top notch. The lights in the dashboard look nice (blue white and red) & are bright. The leather bucket seats are comfortable for me (I'm 5'4)and there is plenty of room inside. Driving feels extremely smooth and breaking is great. This is my first car and I'm scared to try a new one b/c I might be disappointed. I prefer the '08 model over the '09 simply b/c the exterior look can't be beat. I love this car & I don't want to give it up next yr when my lease is over. I recommend it to all who love a fun, safe, & reliable car!

HIDs (& highbeams), heated side mirrors, memory & heated seats, bluetooth link, body style & appearance, iPod connect, fast & smooth ride, homelink, buttons on driving wheel (vol., BT link, etc.) It's a beautiful car!

Change location of sunroof controls, fix sound a/c vents makes sometimes when turned on, and that's pretty much it.

Fun little cruiser
By KS Local

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned a variety of makes and models. I have pretty much settled on Honda and Acura as the vehicles of choice for me. I sold an RL to get the TSX. I wanted something with better mileage and sportier look and feel. I am very happy with the TSX. It is smooth and stiff in the right places and times. The VTEC really hums when you crank up the RPM's. I am getting pretty good mileage too.

Memory seats are always nice. The bluetooth phone is nice also. Decent mileage for a car that wants to run also. The styling is middle of the road. Preferred over the 09 model.

Auto headlights. My other Acura's have them.

Somewhat disappointed
By Texas Trix

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first experience with a Honda product. Purchased the car directly off the showroom floor. Beautiful black exterior with tan leather seats and wood grained interior; rear spoiler, loaded but without the navigation system. Unfortunately, the dash had a rattle from day one. After 6 trips (and counting) the dealership has not been able to resolve the rattle, and it continues to be worse and never stops - not something I expected from a Honda product. Previously I drove Ford Explorers, Mercedes C230 and Mercedes SLK 320.

All the 'extra's were standard features in the car. Body style and appearance. XM radio is great! Car got 36 MPG on highway at 70 MPH.

Sound system is poor, flat and weak. Better gas mileage in town. Location of heated seat buttons need to be relocated-moved away from easy access. Add compass. Seats are skimpy and hard (I'm 5'6" and average size). Cover over drink holders keeps popping up when bumped-suggest a sliding cover.

Poor gas mileage!
By cj

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned the TSX for a year now. I'm surprised about the inadequate gas mileage. My daughter owns the 1986 model TL, and she gets much better gas mileage than me! A new car? I do like the handling and the driving experience though. The sunroof controls are out of place. The stereo could produce a more quality sound that is reflective of the Acura sound.

body style

Better gas mileage. Stereo upgrade. Relocate sun roof controls.