2008 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Glad I leased it!
By TL on 11/02/08 09:42 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Previous vehicles were all VWs so you can imagine my surprise that I now have a reliable vehicle. I love the way the car handles on the road and the pick up is a plus. The interior is very comfortable as I am 5"10" tall and don't at all feel cramped. Got a great deal at the end of the year and liked the '08 model much more than the "09 model that was about to come out.

Best value out there at this price
By kjones00 on 09/24/08 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Previous vehicles were all domestic trucks/SUVs. This little car is big on fun, features, & value. 6-sp transmission is the way to go - crisp and smooth. Could use more torque off the line, but then again I'm averaging 26 mpg with about 60/40 city/hwy driving. Exterior design is clean and has a "smart" look to it. Interior is cozy, with soft to the touch materials, and also feels bigger than it actually is. Had a great experience with dealer; all done over the phone. If you're looking for the perfect balance of design, style, performance, and economy, this simply can't be beat at the price point.

Great entry-level luxury car
By Drew on 07/23/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car, with excellent features for its price. I have been driving it for about a week and I love it. Nice handling and great gas mileage. Sure, some people would want a little more HP, but its works fine for me and I have no problems passing other cars. I have the parchment interior with wood trim, it just looks magnificent. Dealer gave an offer that we couldn't refuse. About the same size as my old 2005 Infiniti G35 so it works out great. Been looking to switch to Acura after buying an Accord last year and now my wife drives the Accord and I have the Acura.

Acura TSX
By MW on 07/15/08 12:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the look of the car. Worse when it comes to gas mileage. Would be better if premium gas was not required. However, the memory seats are great!!

College Toy
By phawk590 on 07/08/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Though I miss it greatly, I traded in my Tahoe z71 due to gas prices. As a serious car buff i searched long and hard for a good car to purchase that i could take to college. Factors included attractiveness, performance, gas mileage, comfort, resale value, MSRP, and expected yearly cost including gas. The TSX has filled its position nicely, performing and driving better than my girlfriend's 2009 model. My notes are as follows; allow a break in period as it is required to get to peak performance, 65-70 on a flat trip you will get well over 30 mpg, the car does turn heads, the leather on the seats creases easily, the kick plates will chip quickly, and it is well worth it to add a cold air intake.

A nice step up after owning 2 Accords
By Andrew on 07/01/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After a 92 and 98 Accord, I decided to upgrade to the Acura TSX. So far after almost 6 months I am not disappointed. This car is fun to drive and sporty, yet still gets awesome mileage (I have gotten mid 30s on pure highway). Commuting mileage is OK and can get mid 20s. For the price you get so many features found in many higher level models. Audio is OK, but not the car's high point. However almost all the features can be found on the new 8th gen Accord (minus HID headlights and bluetooth phone), in a much bigger but more powerful car. Above all, this car is a Honda. Dependable, great resale value, laundry list of standard features.

Little motor that could
By TCC0247 on 06/29/08 07:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The TSX is a study in less being more. It may only have 205-hp and a 4-cylinder, but the power delivery is so smooth and the revs come so quickly that it feels quick none the less. It'll never win you pink slips, but it will certainly move you on the back roads. It's not RWD, but it still feels supple and balanced. Steering is too heavy for the Camry crowd, but enthusiasts will appreciate the extra weight and feel. The 6-speed and clutch are so slick and easy to use that the car is easy to wring out when the desire arises (or every time you drive it). The interior build quality is excellent, though the sound system is flat. Never liked Hondas before; the TSX's Euro-breeding fixed that

Great car
By Terry Flynn on 06/20/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very economical for a luxury brand. 25 MPH in city. High in quality. One problem is that it takes premium gas. Excellent pick up. Third Acura I have owned. Other two were Integras. Will always stick with Acura.

Jason
By Jason on 06/02/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I previously owned a Saturn and the upgrade to the Acura TSX has been unbelievable. I have not had a single problem with the car. Not only is it much more comfortable but I am currently getting 31 mpg with highway only driving. This does drop to 22-25 with mixed highway/city driving in dallas but I have very little to complain about with this car for the cost.

This is a special sports sedan
By Bob in Beaufort SC on 05/31/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The steering, transmission, clutch and the running gear are all in tune. This is a very solid sports car feel, in a small sedan, still with ample room for 4 people. Having had Hondas since 1986, this was a major step up for me, and the car is solid, planted and fun to drive. Too bad that it has to use premium gas, buy that's the way Honda gets 205 HP out of the 2.4L four cylinder. This is a driver's car, with a nicely snubbed-up ride that is not harsh.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.