Used 2008 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

A Precision Driving Machine
By Have Car Will Travel

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Acura, and 2nd tsx. The tsx is a real drivers car. You have the feeling that you have a precision instrument in your hands. A feeling of tactile feedback from the steering wheel. The sound of the engine has a pleasant resonance. Acceleration off the line is decent, and top end acceleration is excellent. The front seats are exceptionally comfortable, and the car is very reliable. It gets about 25 mpg. It is fun to drive, and it runs like a Swiss watch.

Favorite Features

Quality, reliability, fun, and economy in one car.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel,signal lights in the side mirrors,and maybe another 20 to 25 horsepower.

Best car I have ever owned
By otp1971

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife in late 2007, this car has been a great car, exactly what we were hoping for. The reviews kept pointing toward this car and I am very happy we purchased. The lease ends in a couple months and we are torn between keeping this car and leasing the 2010 RDX. It can't be beat for the price, if you consider quality, features and Luxury Brand. Not the quickest car on the road, but still a lot of fun to drive and feels quicker than numbers indicate. We have the black with parchment and wood interior, a great combo. The MPG are decent if you drive normal, last tank was 26 MPG with 60/40 HWY/CITY. I would highly recommend this car and the Honda products.

Favorite Features

Look, quality of interior, fit & finish, Bluetooth, great handle and spirited VTECH engine

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, maybe relocate oil filter for the handyman that changes his own to save $25

I'm in love with my Acura TSX
By elleaz

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura, and it was love at first sight. I built my Acura online, and the metallic cool light blue is the most beautiful color of all. This car is classy. It's pure BS about the engine being underpowered - I accelerate faster than anyone around me 100% of the time. Of course, you have to know how to hit the accelerator, and I've lived long enough to do that. There are a few minor things that are less than perfect. The location of controls on the steering wheel could be better. The door does not always stay open in the half-open position. My biggest disappointment is the changes to the design in the 2009/10 models. They've managed to destroy a beautiful thing.

Favorite Features

It's fast, and it's fun! The handling is beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

The 2008 styling was perfect. Go back to the 2008 design, idiots! Bring back the male voice for the voice activated commands and navigation. Lots of TSX drivers are classy ladies, and we want that sexy male voice!

Not bad.
By Toeser

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Being retired, I now put far more miles on my bicycle and motorcycle than my car, so it made no sense for me to buy new. After a lot of reading and looking, I narrowed my choices down to about 5 brands/models, and then just searched for the best one available. I like the style, the gizmos, and the comfort. However, the TSX is not nearly as quiet as an Accord I owned in the early 1990ís. I agree with others that the paint is cheap, and the radio just O.K. I love the Nav system, but it does have some voice command brain farts. Mileage isnít awesome (compared with newer cars), but decent - 26/30 for me. It is one of the more comfortable cars I have owned. Great seats.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, looks, good transmission, Nav system, nice range of driver/passenger doodads, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

How much more would a good paint job cost? Add some sound proofing (pad under the hood, something in the wheel wells. A luxury car shouldn't be this noisy. Spongy brakes.

Great with a few exceptions
By Skip

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I couldn't find another entry level luxury car that came even close to the TSX for features at the price. I handles well, if a little slow off the line. They need to equip it with better tires and a more reliable braking system. The heating on a cold day takes a long time to come up to temperature. See suggested improvement section for comments on tires and brakes which are terrible.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, Display and controls. Very comfortable for a smaller car.

Suggested Improvements

Equip it with tire that give some traction on wet roads. The original Michelins had minimal tread, and minimal traction. A safety issue! The brakes needed major work after only 25,000 miles of light driving. inexcusable!