2008 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
A Precision Driving Machine
By Have Car Will Travel on 06/30/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Acura, and 2nd tsx. The tsx is a real drivers car. You have the feeling that you have a precision instrument in your hands. A feeling of tactile feedback from the steering wheel. The sound of the engine has a pleasant resonance. Acceleration off the line is decent, and top end acceleration is excellent. The front seats are exceptionally comfortable, and the car is very reliable. It gets about 25 mpg. It is fun to drive, and it runs like a Swiss watch.

Best car I have ever owned
By otp1971 on 05/19/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife in late 2007, this car has been a great car, exactly what we were hoping for. The reviews kept pointing toward this car and I am very happy we purchased. The lease ends in a couple months and we are torn between keeping this car and leasing the 2010 RDX. It can't be beat for the price, if you consider quality, features and Luxury Brand. Not the quickest car on the road, but still a lot of fun to drive and feels quicker than numbers indicate. We have the black with parchment and wood interior, a great combo. The MPG are decent if you drive normal, last tank was 26 MPG with 60/40 HWY/CITY. I would highly recommend this car and the Honda products.

I'm in love with my Acura TSX
By elleaz on 05/07/10 20:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura, and it was love at first sight. I built my Acura online, and the metallic cool light blue is the most beautiful color of all. This car is classy. It's pure BS about the engine being underpowered - I accelerate faster than anyone around me 100% of the time. Of course, you have to know how to hit the accelerator, and I've lived long enough to do that. There are a few minor things that are less than perfect. The location of controls on the steering wheel could be better. The door does not always stay open in the half-open position. My biggest disappointment is the changes to the design in the 2009/10 models. They've managed to destroy a beautiful thing.

Not bad.
By Toeser on 05/07/10 07:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Being retired, I now put far more miles on my bicycle and motorcycle than my car, so it made no sense for me to buy new. After a lot of reading and looking, I narrowed my choices down to about 5 brands/models, and then just searched for the best one available. I like the style, the gizmos, and the comfort. However, the TSX is not nearly as quiet as an Accord I owned in the early 1990’s. I agree with others that the paint is cheap, and the radio just O.K. I love the Nav system, but it does have some voice command brain farts. Mileage isn’t awesome (compared with newer cars), but decent - 26/30 for me. It is one of the more comfortable cars I have owned. Great seats.

Great with a few exceptions
By Skip on 04/09/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I couldn't find another entry level luxury car that came even close to the TSX for features at the price. I handles well, if a little slow off the line. They need to equip it with better tires and a more reliable braking system. The heating on a cold day takes a long time to come up to temperature. See suggested improvement section for comments on tires and brakes which are terrible.

The Japanese Alfa Romeo Sedan
By sportscarnut on 02/24/10 19:47 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The 2006-2008 TSX has perfect balance of performance, luxury, and economy. My 2 previous cars were an M3 and M5 BMW. I was honestly not expecting to like this car when I first drove it, but I love it. It has the most balanced handling of any front drive car I have ever driven. You can almost throttle steer it through a corner. The engine revs like a Ferrari V8, and the car feels much faster than the numbers indicate. The 2006-2008 cars have a markedly improved performance due to a larger throttle body and intake system, and the updated front/rear fascia and rocker covers make it look substantially sportier. All the controls are perfectly placed, and the fit-and-finish are outstanding.

Great entry lux car, nav not worth $2k
By U2Guy on 01/26/10 22:41 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car for the wife, she loves it. She loves the Nav, I think it isn't worth the $2k (especially now that we both have iPhones :)). Navigation should have real time traffic and weather, like my iPhone or any other handheld GPS unit. The only negative so far is the brakes. They are terrible. Okay, so they do stop the car, but they are weak and stopping distance is longer than expected. Took some getting use to, to say the least! The Bluetooth is cool, but limited. People complain a lot that they can't hear us (and I'm a loud guy). All in all, a great car for the price! We are happy with it & would buy again. Good (not great) MPG average 25 MPG in mixed driving.

Love this car!
By ginny on 01/03/10 20:49 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Loved the '08 so much, I hunted down a leftover at at CA dealer and had it shipped to NY. Was not disappointed. The 6 speed manual was definitely the way to go. It's more fun than the auto and I get great mileage - 34 on the hwy, 27 commuting. So far the winter handling with Blizzak snow has been excellent. I'm planning on keeping this baby for a long time!

Loved this car, getting another one
By kcleebs on 11/25/09 05:07 AM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We had our TSX for about a year and a half. Loved most everything about it. Our only issues were little things like the fact that the front doors don't stay open well when one is getting in and out out the car. And I didn't like the position of the door lock on the sill where one might rest their arm. The safety features are what I liked best as my wife was able to walk away with a bruised knee from an accident where someone hit her head-on at 40 mph while she was stationary. We are replacing our now totaled TSX with an exact duplicate. We looked at the 09s but they keep making things bigger and it would be too tight a fit in our tiny garage.

Solid Performance Sedan
By Alex on 08/05/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased this car. A used 08 with 20K on the odometer. What sold me was the incredible build quality, handling, comfort and the performance of the 2.4L VTEC engine. This is a fantastic sport/luxury sedan. Clean lines and no "fast and furious" body work. I'm used to an AWD sedan so I'm a little concerned about this car's bad weather handling with the Michelin Pilots. Have to wait and see. So far in the dry heat and heavy thunderstorms of summer, it's handled very well. The car inspires you to test it's limits. The VTEC is very eager to rev and run.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.