2008 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
The Japanese Alfa Romeo Sedan
By sportscarnut on 02/24/10 19:47 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The 2006-2008 TSX has perfect balance of performance, luxury, and economy. My 2 previous cars were an M3 and M5 BMW. I was honestly not expecting to like this car when I first drove it, but I love it. It has the most balanced handling of any front drive car I have ever driven. You can almost throttle steer it through a corner. The engine revs like a Ferrari V8, and the car feels much faster than the numbers indicate. The 2006-2008 cars have a markedly improved performance due to a larger throttle body and intake system, and the updated front/rear fascia and rocker covers make it look substantially sportier. All the controls are perfectly placed, and the fit-and-finish are outstanding.

08 TSX Driver's Delight
By TRB on 12/09/08 17:52 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I found this to be a joy to drive from the moment I test drove it in crisp Alaska October. The handling has been great even on snowy roads. All I hope for now is just a tad bit more thrust, say an additional 75 horses would be nice. I have had a few issues with the hands free but over all love the car, and the deal I got made me felt I stole it.

Euro Style Honda Quality
By RKM on 11/05/08 20:28 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

After owning German cars for 20 years I've switched to a TSX. This was the only Japanese car that had a German "feel" to it, but with none of the reliability issues that have plagued my German car ownership experience. German cars, when not in the shop, are still the benchmark for interior design and driver handling, but the TSX comes so close that it won me over from selecting a Jetta GLI. The driving feel is very Euro, with stiff steering, taught suspension, and would perform very well on the autobahn as it is the Euro Accord. I'm looking forward to a long trouble free ownership.

Best value out there at this price
By kjones00 on 09/24/08 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Previous vehicles were all domestic trucks/SUVs. This little car is big on fun, features, & value. 6-sp transmission is the way to go - crisp and smooth. Could use more torque off the line, but then again I'm averaging 26 mpg with about 60/40 city/hwy driving. Exterior design is clean and has a "smart" look to it. Interior is cozy, with soft to the touch materials, and also feels bigger than it actually is. Had a great experience with dealer; all done over the phone. If you're looking for the perfect balance of design, style, performance, and economy, this simply can't be beat at the price point.

Little motor that could
By TCC0247 on 06/29/08 07:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The TSX is a study in less being more. It may only have 205-hp and a 4-cylinder, but the power delivery is so smooth and the revs come so quickly that it feels quick none the less. It'll never win you pink slips, but it will certainly move you on the back roads. It's not RWD, but it still feels supple and balanced. Steering is too heavy for the Camry crowd, but enthusiasts will appreciate the extra weight and feel. The 6-speed and clutch are so slick and easy to use that the car is easy to wring out when the desire arises (or every time you drive it). The interior build quality is excellent, though the sound system is flat. Never liked Hondas before; the TSX's Euro-breeding fixed that

This is a special sports sedan
By Bob in Beaufort SC on 05/31/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The steering, transmission, clutch and the running gear are all in tune. This is a very solid sports car feel, in a small sedan, still with ample room for 4 people. Having had Hondas since 1986, this was a major step up for me, and the car is solid, planted and fun to drive. Too bad that it has to use premium gas, buy that's the way Honda gets 205 HP out of the 2.4L four cylinder. This is a driver's car, with a nicely snubbed-up ride that is not harsh.

2008 Acura TSX
By RHagel on 01/21/08 21:41 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I am extremely happy with my desision. This is a GREAT car. I came from an 06 Mazda 3 and this car is better in almost every sense. To me, the stereo is great. The power is more than adequate and it is just an over all excellent value. For those who may be hesitant, it is almost impossible to not like this car. It may not be your dream ride, but is an excellent compromise.

325i to TSX
By mstew0102 on 12/18/07 12:31 PM (PST)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I recently returned a lease of a 2006 BMW 3251 6M. I am a loyal Honda-ist and am very pleased to be back on familiar ground. The BMW was a great car, but this is more like putting on a familiar old coat. The TSX may have missed by not having a V6, but overall this car is more satisfying and full of features that I love. The handling is not the same as RWD, but I have quickly forgotten that car and feel more confident in this TSX. I couldn't be happier.

Satisfied Owner
By Larryken on 10/14/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I don't agree with posters who aren't satisfied with the engine's power. I'm getting up to 35mpg on highway and never less than 31 mpg on a mixed driving tank. The car has plenty of zip for me (pleasant surprise) and handles very well. The technology provided is useful (bluetooth, homelink). The stereo is ok but not great, seats are most adjustable and comfortable. Agree with some that looks are mundane but I don't see the outside of the car when I'm driving. The cost to features ratio is very high. I've driven the car three months and 2500 miles. No problems and the interior is big enough, I'm 6 feet.

Enjoying 3rd gear a lot :)
By Knight1 on 09/24/07 21:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I went from a 1993 Honda accord with 250,000 mi on it to this brand new 2008 TSX 6 speed manual. The car is fun to drive, love the interior, tame when you want it to be, and gives you that push back in your seat feel. Plus it is fully loaded. Your options are, with nav or without. This is what I did not like about the Lexus IS 250, you had to compromise on gadgets.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.