Used 2008 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Most Helpful|
Little motor that could
By TCC0247

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The TSX is a study in less being more. It may only have 205-hp and a 4-cylinder, but the power delivery is so smooth and the revs come so quickly that it feels quick none the less. It'll never win you pink slips, but it will certainly move you on the back roads. It's not RWD, but it still feels supple and balanced. Steering is too heavy for the Camry crowd, but enthusiasts will appreciate the extra weight and feel. The 6-speed and clutch are so slick and easy to use that the car is easy to wring out when the desire arises (or every time you drive it). The interior build quality is excellent, though the sound system is flat. Never liked Hondas before; the TSX's Euro-breeding fixed that

Favorite Features

Clearly designed and built for Europe. Taut and compact, it moves gracefully. Exterior is simple, but classic and handsome. Interior is outstanding. Gearbox is fantastic. Engine revs freely, quickly and smoothly. 4-cylinder fuel mileage doesn't hurt either. Standard features will drop jaws.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system is pretty flat and anemic for a luxury car. Those seeking the killer torque of the Infiniti or BMW's twin-turbo engine will find the thrust lacking, but for everyone else the TSX's smooth grace will make you question the need for that kind of power.

2008 Acura TSX
By RHagel

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I am extremely happy with my desision. This is a GREAT car. I came from an 06 Mazda 3 and this car is better in almost every sense. To me, the stereo is great. The power is more than adequate and it is just an over all excellent value. For those who may be hesitant, it is almost impossible to not like this car. It may not be your dream ride, but is an excellent compromise.

Favorite Features

Awesome 6-speed shift action, overall value, standard features.

Suggested Improvements

Summer tires. Though it would affect performance, the gearing is a little short. The 2.3 turbo and SH-AWD from the RDX would make this an outstanding car. Improve the exhaust sound, it is a little too tinny for my tastes. More mid-range sound from the stereo, sounds a little flat.

Best value out there at this price
By kjones00

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Previous vehicles were all domestic trucks/SUVs. This little car is big on fun, features, & value. 6-sp transmission is the way to go - crisp and smooth. Could use more torque off the line, but then again I'm averaging 26 mpg with about 60/40 city/hwy driving. Exterior design is clean and has a "smart" look to it. Interior is cozy, with soft to the touch materials, and also feels bigger than it actually is. Had a great experience with dealer; all done over the phone. If you're looking for the perfect balance of design, style, performance, and economy, this simply can't be beat at the price point.

Favorite Features

Black/tan color combo, 6-spd tranny, extra bright HID's, decent stereo, gas mileage :)

Suggested Improvements

Can't view the outside temp and odometer at the same time in the infocenter? No compass on the non-navi model? I'm not fond of the '09 redesign; what's up with the 6in fender flares?

Poor gas mileage!
By cj

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned the TSX for a year now. I'm surprised about the inadequate gas mileage. My daughter owns the 1986 model TL, and she gets much better gas mileage than me! A new car? I do like the handling and the driving experience though. The sunroof controls are out of place. The stereo could produce a more quality sound that is reflective of the Acura sound.

Favorite Features

body style

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Stereo upgrade. Relocate sun roof controls.

Great entry lux car, nav not worth $2k
By U2Guy

2008 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car for the wife, she loves it. She loves the Nav, I think it isn't worth the $2k (especially now that we both have iPhones :)). Navigation should have real time traffic and weather, like my iPhone or any other handheld GPS unit. The only negative so far is the brakes. They are terrible. Okay, so they do stop the car, but they are weak and stopping distance is longer than expected. Took some getting use to, to say the least! The Bluetooth is cool, but limited. People complain a lot that they can't hear us (and I'm a loud guy). All in all, a great car for the price! We are happy with it & would buy again. Good (not great) MPG average 25 MPG in mixed driving.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth and Nav (even with the limitations). The fact that everything is standard: leather, sunroof, etc. The only option was the Nav. Acura support: We had a tear in our leather seat hidden by the seat belt receptacle. I do not know if we did it or what, but Acura took care of it!!!

Suggested Improvements

I believe most were fixed with the redesign for '09. Real time weather & traffic for Nav, V-6 (although there is a huge price increase with the engine). I think the 4 banger does just fine.