2007 Acura TSX Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2007 TSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Car!
By troylp

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought 2007 tsx last year with 81k miles. Pros: very good gas mileage, luxurious interior with all options, quite comfortable, enough power for daily use. Cons: drove it for two months. the starter went out on me. I have owned tl and accord before. Never had this problem. Car has engine vibration issues when in gear. Very common for this model. Overall, i'm very happy with this car!

Favorite Features

gas mileage, options, comfortable, roomy.

Suggested Improvements

engine vibration issue when in gear. Starter problem.

Solid a a Rock!
By triniacura

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just rolled 100k in my '07 Tsx and I couldn't be happier! I picked the car up 3 years ago with 30k on it! I drive ALOT! And have put over 20k a year on the car including 2500mi round trips from Orlando to Toronto! Car has NEVER skipped a beat on me! Regular maintenance performed only! In the past 3 years I have spent around $500 in maintenance? Oil changes only and a brake job performed by Sears. The car is bone simple to work on! ( Honda core ) Don't even bother taking it to the dealer! Sears, Jiffy Lube, Mobile, Just about anyone can work on this car. The way it drives you wouldn't know it had 100k on the odometer . She's itching for another 100k problem free!

Used '07 TSX was a good move
By jg88

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car used two years ago for my daughter to drive and it's going very well. Very solid build quality. Believe Acura missed on it's replacement in comparison. Acura also did a realy nice job by including everything one could want as standard equipment. The Germans fail miserably at this. We also looked into the Audi a4 fwd and the BMW 3 series and it was hard to find similarly equipped cars anywhere close to the TSX. In testing them, neither blew away the TSX, in fact, in daily driving, the TSX was more than a worthy competitor. It handled better than the a4 and ride/steering is better than the 3. FWD did not seem to me to hurt it and I like FWD for poor weather.

Favorite Features

Very few if any better interiors on today's cars, even on the higher end. Certainly nicer than the newer TSX. Trunk space is a good surprise as well as are the fold down seats in the rear. Great balance between ride, handling, steering and braking. Sound system and phone interface -- excellent. Commmunications and info center in a car this old and in this price range is very cool. Safety standards are high. Expected costs projected to be far less than German rivals; easily go to 150K miles if care is taken. Am running Yoko all season performance tires and they seem to be a good match. If you are looking for a nice used car and can find one that has been treated well, go for it.

Suggested Improvements

The 5 speed auto has a perfect top end ratio. Had Acura added anothe gear between 1 and 5 it would have improved performance by taking advantage of this excellent engine. Wind noise is a bit higher than it should be and seems to worsen with age. New seals may be added later though. Nothing else to add, Acura gets high marks for the '07 TSX.

5 yr. ownership review
By hborgaonkar

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 5 yrs and 50000 miles, tsx is still awesome and has aged well (not aged at all) drive is still sublime. All the tech goodies are still up to date

Favorite Features

Std features, leather, stereo, handling

Suggested Improvements

Looks like new model needs improvement. The first gen is awesome

4 yr. ownership review
By hborgaonkar

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

4 yrs almost up for our Artic Blue TSX. Its been a fun car to drive. gives decent mileage. All the tech goodies are still up to date in 2011. We had to replace brake pads recently due to mild brake shudder but otherwise its been reliable. This car is definitely a keeper.

Favorite Features

Tech goodies, handling, exhaust note

Suggested Improvements

brakes are weak

07 TSX
By Detar24

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very good car with decent performance and great visibility. The fuel economy is excellent, especially for a car of its size. The styling is also a plus. Only complaint is the brakes. This is the second Honda/Acura we've owned with premature brake wear. Parents are having a similar issue with a 2006 Accord.

Favorite Features

Driving position, visibility, head lights, fuel economy, features, exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Navigation can be cumbersome, BRAKES! - premature wear

Had to come back fro seconds..
By Wilmington, DE

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got my first TSX in Feb of 2007 as a 3 year lease. 6-speed manual, carbon gray. Absolutely loved the car. fun, sexy and reliable. I reluctantly gave it back in Feb of 2010. I bought a BMW X5, but after a few months I missed my TSX so much that I bought another one, another '07 - white, automatic. Can't say enough about this car. My only advice is GET ONE!! personally I think it's better than the TL!! especially if you live in the city because it's a little smaller. PS-Also one of the safest cars on the road.

Favorite Features

bluetooth, xenon headlights, XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

the only thing i would want is a cell phone compartment maybe left of the steering wheel. (i rented a car that had one and thought it was a great idea)

3 yr. ownersghip review
By harshad

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

3 rd B'day coming up for our 07 Artic blue TSX. So far its been smooth sailing. except a power steering hose recall we have done regular maintainance. its regularly gives 30+ mpg on 100 + mile trips and around 27 in city. love all the tech goodies. it looks better than the new model. overall good value for the money. the dealer in twin cities was offering 120% of the blue book value. looks like there is demand for these.

Favorite Features

tech goodies, neutral handling, exhaust note, reliability so far

Suggested Improvements

bring diesel powertrain on our side of the pond

Worth every penny
By Lone Star

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my TSX from the dealer where it was a courtesy loaner for its first 10k miles. Fuel economy is excellent IMO, reliability is excellent, car has never let me down or had any trouble besides a slightly loose driver's seat, but the dealer replaced the track and all good. After putting 40k miles on it myself I have some gripes, head rests should tilt towards you, voice recognition is poor, door sill is too high to comfortably rest your elbow and turning radius is worse than my Ford Truck. Overall, I love this car and plan on upgrading to a TL or MDX due to the excellent quality and reliability of my first Acura.

Favorite Features

H.I. Headlights, stereo sounds great, Nav, fuel economy, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better head rests, better turning radius, much better voice recognition (Call "Person's Name" does not mean 'fan speed HI').

Long Crank to start!
By Praneeth

2007 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

OMG - I could get a nap while it starts. When I bought I did not really realize that it was taking too long. sometimes when it rains overnight or if it is cold all day or I don't start for over 8 hours, then it takes 6-8 cranks, isn't that too long. I almost get scared what if it wont get started at all, I'm late to my office. Is that only me? anybody else has this problem. My steering wheel vibrates when brakes applied, but they fixed it when I took it back.

Favorite Features

Smooth driving, voice command, handsfree,

Suggested Improvements

better audio boost, shorter crank, turning radius should be small, more roomier interior.