2006 Acura TSX Consumer Review: The complete package and a gre

2006 Acura TSX - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Navigation System)

The complete package and a great value
By cat_trammell on

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Found a new 2006 model in February and glad I did. My last three cars have been: 2005 Saab 9-3, 2003 MINI Cooper and 1997 Audi A4. Overall, the TSX outclasses them all. Handling is on par with the A4, comfort is comparable to the 9-3, and it's as fun to drive as the MINI. All this and Acura's reputation for quality and reliability, and a price thousands less than its European and Japanese competitors with every feature standard. Anyone looking for a sports sedan needs to seriously consider the TSX.

Voice-activated navigation system is years ahead of the competition. Relatively easy-to-use, almost all features accessible by voice, and fairly intuitive menu navigation. Other highlights are the headlights, interior design, and relatively good gas mileage for a sport/luxury vehicle.

Exterior styling could be more distinctive. I initially ignored the TSX because the exterior did not pique my interest. Maybe introduce a V6 for those who somehow aren't satisfied with 205 horses and up to 35 MPG on the highway.