2006 Acura TSX Consumer Review: Like a Honda but Better

2006 Acura TSX - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Navigation System)

Like a Honda but Better
By gringoviejo on

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We recently replaced my wife's 2006 Accord EX-L coupe with a 2006 TSX. The Accord was a gem, but it was difficult for passengers to get in and out of the back seat of the coupe, so when this TSX came along with less than half the mileage on it (24,000), I bought it for her. There were, as they say, no flies on that Accord, but the TSX just does everything a little bit better: 25% more power from the same basic engine, bigger brakes, a better grade of leather, upgraded sound system. Also, the TSX feels *eager* at any speed. My old Lexus (2004 ES330) has some nicer convenience features and is roomier -- really not a bad car at all -- but is nowhere near as much fun to drive.

Great sound system, navigation system, higher quality appointments all around than the highest trim level Accord the same year.

The only flaws I can think of are that the cabin is a bit tight for me (at 6'2"), and it would be nice to have automatic headlights and a better info display, as others have commented.