Used 2006 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TSX Sedan

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Great Car
By Glenn Lambert

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned some nice cars in the past, many that were considerably more expensive. The TSX is a tremendous value. I drive 30,000 mile a year. I need a comfortable car, but I also want the performance and handling. It's not always easy to find both. Acura got it just right in the TSX.

Favorite Features

Lots of power, great in the rain, love the Hands Free Link, good climate control and sound system. Visability is very good, HID lights w/fog lamps provide superb night visability.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling could be improved. Simply adding a rear under body spoiler really improved the rear end look. The voice recognition on the Hands Free Link is poor. It's OK if you don't move!!!

Love it
By carbongreyTSX06

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 06 TSX for over a year, it is my first car and it is simply amazing. This car is definitely the definition for "bang for the buck" without a doubt. I love the body style, the interior, and the performance everything is great. I seem to go through a lot of gas, but other than that, if the body doesn't get ugly in the over the next year or two, I am going to get a new TSX once my lease is over!!!

Favorite Features

The way the car handles the road. Pretty much everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. I love it.

2006 Acura TXS
By aeperez80

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this vehicle as a Acura Certified Pre-owned. The owner before me took exceptional care of the car and now I feel like I'm driving a brand new car! I recently had a 2006 MINI Cooper S, which was fun and sporty, but did not have nearly as many bells and whistles as the TSX. When I unexpectedly found myself in the market for a new vehicle, I had no idea what I wanted. I test drove the Audi A4, the Volvo S40, the Mercedes C230, and were all nice to drive. But I wouldn't have been able to afford all of the features TSX already has. All of my research indicated this car was the most reliable, has the best resale value, and the best bang for the buck. Style and practical!

Favorite Features

Voice activated Bluetooth, HID Xenon headlights, fog lights, 17" wheels standard, tinted window, sporty feel.

Suggested Improvements

I haven't found one yet!

Great overall car
By kaiger

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Those who say this car is underpowered are either comparing it to true sports cars or they're driving the automatic. This is a sedan. It's not meant to break any quarter-mile speed records. For what it is, it is quite sporty. The 6-speed manual is great. The gears are crisp, it accelerates well and you can't beat the features for the price.

Favorite Features

Drive quality, low cabin noise, very well thought-out controls.

Suggested Improvements

It'd be nice to have an AWD option. The factory cd player should handle mp3 discs.

Best Sports Sedan for the Price
By Marcello

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's mother is a Honda Accord (European size), it's father I'd swear was a BMW 3-series (last model). This car gives you the best of Japan along with the handling of Germany. You can't beat it for the price. My favorite car out of the ten I've owned including my BMW 3 series, Infiniti Q45 and Nissan Maxima. I can't wait to see what they do with the next generation. This is my second Acura and I'm sold on the brand.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, great interior, great navigation, great gas mileage, conservative good looks.

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower. Free scheduled maintenance.