Used 2006 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Best deal for the money!
By MicksTSX

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX has so much to offer. Awesome HID headlights; heated, power-adjustable driver and passenger sport seats with driver's memory; leather upholstery; an eight-speaker, 360-watt audio system with XM satellite radio and an in-dash CD changer; dual-zone automatic climate control; and a sunroof; ALL standard! Interior is laid out nicely; lots of safety features including stability control and side curtain airbags; 205 hp engine that is fairly quiet but gets up and goes when needed; decent gas mileage (I average 25 mostly city driving); easy to park and handles well; Honda reliability. Exterior styling is a bit bland but it's nice not to see another TSX often like the Accords :)

Favorite Features

HIDS, interior design, safety features, 205 hp, low insurance, maintenace and operating costs, all the standard features, nav, bluetooth, MP3 input, CD changer, seats are supportive with memory and heat, Honda reliability. Best used car value out there!

Suggested Improvements

Audio could be a bit better but new speakers and an amp will fix that. I am a little disappointed in the amount of road noise but again some dynamat installed in the doors and trunk will fix that too. I think the stock tires are partly to blame as well but that is really all and are easy fixes!

Went Downhill
By not_so_sure

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I loved the car when I first bought it, but two years later, I am looking to get rid of it. The interior road noise is louder than my truck. The wipers were very streaky from the day I bought the car. The car does not handle well in snow. My leather seats are already wearing out. I drive over 60 miles a day and every day I grow to dislike it a little more. The gas mileage when when I frist bought it averaged between 30-32 MPG, now I am lucky if I can get over 25 MPG. My seats take forever to heat up now, at first they were HOT in a flash. On the plus side, Acura DOES give a lot of options for the money. Very sporty and fun!

Favorite Features

XM radio, homelink and hands free link. I love the interior design and feel. The two seat positions linked to different key fabs is awesome, I'm 5'4" and my husband is 6'4".

Suggested Improvements

Better tires, I have slid through many intersections and get stuck in snow very easily, car goes straight when I try and turn a corner. Better quality leather, looked extremely worn and tore after a couple months of ownership. Wipers!!!! Streaky from day of purchase.

Great car for the $
By David S.

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, reliable, frugal on gas, fun to drive, with enough amenities to satisfy anyone in the upscale sedan class.

For the price, it can't be matched
By gftgrill

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The 6-speed manual is very smooth shifting. All of the controls are right where I expect them to be. I never have to reach far for anything. Bluetooth hands free connection built into the car. This is a great feature for anyone who drives a manual. I can now answer or make a phone call without ever having to remove my left hand from the steering wheel or my right hand from the shifter.

Favorite Features

HID headlights (standard) blue tooth hands free link (standard) Home link system (standard) every feature on this car is standard except for navigation.

Suggested Improvements

The a-spec suspension should be the standard one on this car. As well as stickier tires. The stock michelins just don't have enough grab and are easy to spin, even when brand new. A coupe version of this car would be great for those that don't need/want a 4 door sedan.

2006 Acura TSX
By centralOH

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the car to own for "bang for the buck". Not many people have the TSX which is a bonus. Nothing touches it in its price range, NOTHING.

Favorite Features

The engine is a superb example of Honda/Acura engineering. Purrfect!! Reliability is top notch, top notch!!

Suggested Improvements

The paint seems to swirl/scratch quite easily. I guess you can thank the EPA for the garbage paint on cars these days.