2006 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
I Love this car!
By Dawn on 11/19/06 20:45 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I bought it 4 days ago and every day I can't wait to drive the 30 miles to work! I had been looking for a new car for 4 months and no car had everything I wanted. I was so frustrated. Then a friend told me about Acura! I didn't think we could afford it, but after taking one test drive, I was in love! It has everything! And, it's all included in the base model! It's everything I ever wanted in a car! It's just 100% pure class! And I love the fact that you don't see a million of them everywhere! I love it!!

LOVE THE TSX
By AirBearEC7 on 11/16/06 14:25 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have to say that I love the TSX; both my sister and I have one. I got one first, and then when looking for my sister's car, we all realized there is no better deal than the TSX, it has everything that one needs, it's classy, but fun, and the price isn't out there. This car is a keeper.

Unbeatable at Anywhere Near its Price
By NormanS on 11/16/06 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX displays a marvelous balance between smooth power delivery, sure-footed handling, braking, responsive steering, and comfort; this balance is what makes the TSX fun to drive. Besides fun, it comes loaded with just about every feature standard, provides high reliability, and low TCO for a luxury car. The TSX automatic model is powerful enough for spirited driving on streets, twisting roads, and freeways. SportShift mode helps compensate for the TSX's low torque at low RPM. I find SportShift a viable option to a manual shift. TSX is more fun than the TL. Gas mileage: 19+/32+ MPG city/country. Experience: Manual Acura Legend, Lexus ES300 and LS400, Manual BMW 3.0S, BMW 540, BMW 740.

Poor radio reception for TSXs
By Beth on 11/16/06 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my 2006 TSX 6 sp manual for two months. I immediately noticed a problem with quality of the radio reception for FM stations that are based in my city, as well as for XM stations. Basically, if you get into areas of high voltage you either lose the signal (XM) or it becomes staticky (FM). My dealership told me there was nothing wrong with the reception and that that was how all the TSXs were. They gave me a loaner car to use and I noticed the same problem with reception on that car. I have owned 6 or 7 cars including other Acura and Hondas, but I have never experienced the such poor radio reception, which I consider a basic amenity, especially for a car in this price range.

Best Value for Price
By Wigman8 on 11/14/06 15:40 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car almost six months so I thought I would stop back and help others as I used comments from this site to help make my decision. Let me just say, I'm very happy with the decision I made to buy this car. The styling is nice, great interior, comfort, built in technology including blue tooth. I just drove from Minneapolis to Nashville (long story) and got 31.7 mpg. That is very impressive in my opinion. I compared this car to the BMW 3 series but was concerned about reliability as per consumer reports. The BMW is a very nice car, in fact maybe a better "drivers" car but the value and reliability of the TSX couldn't be topped. One negative - stiff suspension makes it bumpy

Less than 2 months and I LOVE it!!
By CJTitans3 on 11/13/06 19:49 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I searched high & low before purchasing a vehicle. The Acura TSX was an excellent choice! I drove a Honda Accord before, so there was not much of a transition needed to adjust to the Acura except that it has more power & get-up beneath the hood. I just love driving it! It's great on gas. In town & on the highway, the performance is fabulous! This car is a nice way to get a taste of luxury for a fraction of the price.

Open Road
By Lauren on 11/09/06 08:17 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Even though this car has only 4 cylinders, it definitely has pep. This car is great on gas and the mileage per gallon on the highway and streets is accurate with the sticker. TOTALLY LOVE IT!

Little Wonder
By remee on 11/06/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's very easy to maneuver. It always give you more power when you need it. It's quiet. The only thing I did not like is that it feels hard on the road. It's not smooth. Overall it is a good car.The visor is wide enough that it protects me from the glare unlike the other cars I had. I had to buy an extender. You see I am on the short side.

Great car and a price that can't be beat
By SteveJKY on 11/04/06 08:14 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car. Had an 04 Accord EX 2-door before my TSX. I was afraid they would be very similar - I was wrong. The TSX has a better ride, handling and even though I felt like I got more power out of my manual Accord, the automatic TSX does have a little more horsepower. Comparing the TSX to like cars for the same price - the TSX offers way more options and features. No comparison.

Sophistication.
By Alicia on 10/29/06 10:13 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched two other cars before deciding on the TSX. I am very pleased with my selection. This car is beautiful and very fun to drive. I love the body style and the interior design. You feel very pampered in this car. I highly recommend it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.