2006 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:
Never Sell
By Greg on 01/04/07 16:01 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car for 9 months, and it is hands down the best car I have ever owned. I prefer it over even my father's Cadillac STS, which I drive often, although, not as often as I used to. It handles like a sports car, with the room and comfort of a luxury auto. Shifting back and forth from automatic to manual allows for some fun, but spares the pain of using a clutch in the city. It has the best of both worlds, with awesome acceleration and great fuel economy... and this from a four cylinder engine. I couldn't be happier.

A decent compromise
By steve on 01/02/07 15:50 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The TSX is an all-around decent car, but not best in show in any category. The TSX has a high revving low torque engine, and as a result the gears are too close together causing frequent shifting at low speeds, and high rpms at highway speeds. I find the seats quite uncomfortable and hard to get adjusted. The navi system works, but the data that comes with it is sorely lacking. It only uses validated roads for plotting routes and often takes you miles out of your way. It tells me I can drive straight to a Conoco station from my house. We don't have Conoco stations in Canada, and the road it tells me to use has been closed for over 30 years.

TSX 6spd nav
By nj2pa2nc on 12/26/06 14:35 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Owned this car one month - love it. It is milano red with ebony int. Very good on the highways. No problems using regular gas.

Vroom Vroom
By nametabm on 12/21/06 20:15 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a self proclaimed car-snob and the only vehicle that met all my criteria was a Honda CR-V but I couldn’t bring myself to buy it (I’m terrible, I know it). I continued looking and was dead set on something reliable and an SUV because I had a Land Rover (hence, looking for something more reliable…) and I didn’t want to sacrifice the height or the AWD. While this car doesn’t have AWD, I realized I only drive in the snow 5 - 7 days a year – and honestly, if it’s that bad outside, what are you doing out on the roads? After endless back-and-forth, I chose between the car I can afford and the car I would like to be seen driving.

The Best Car, I have ever owned
By DeLeon Andrews on 12/15/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned many 4 cyl cars in the past 33 years. The TSX is a sport sedan that is the fun to drive every day. I have read all the reviews about TSX needing more horsepower, for what reason! My wife (Mich) grew up driving V-8s and V-6s; she said the TSX is the fastest car she has ever driven and her first manual shift. Check out the top ten cars on the residual value list. I am happy TSX does not suit everyone taste.

Best value
By Roy on 12/10/06 07:10 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Tested 325, C230, IS 250 and settled on the TSX. The vtec-4 engine is as smooth and strong as the competitors' V6 or I6. Handling wise, TSX's FWD gave little away to RWD rivals under regular street driving . While the base prices are in the same range, by the time you spec up to match the TSX (leather, cd changer, xeon, 17" wheel) you are looking at something like $10k higher, so for me it was an easy decision. Only negative I have is with blind spots. The thick front A-pillar, steeply raked windshield, and high trunk lid all make it hard for my wife (5'4") to drive and park in tight spots. Granted this is not unique to TSX as the IS is as bad if not worse.

Corners like it's on rails
By Kelly on 12/07/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The TSX is a sweet ride. I was feeling a tad bit old when I started to consider a 4 door sedan... but you can't even tell that it is a 4 door when you are driving it. It hugs the exit ramps so close to the inside line and it is very diificult to lose control of this vehicle. The interior is sporty (I have quartz leather with brushed nickle finish) and easy to maintain. I hate that I have to sell this car to take over a company car - I won't say the name but that, my friends, is a car I guarantee I will notice the four doors.

Great car at a great price!!!
By Chris P on 12/07/06 10:37 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at every car you could think of in the $20k to $30k range, but in the end, you cannot beat everything you get with this car! This is my first new car in 10 years so even simple things like the 6-cd changer is a big upgrade for me! But you do get a lot of features with this car, a very stylish interior, great MPG, great handling and top notch safety features. All for about $25,000. How can you do better?

Salesman's TSX
By george on 12/02/06 08:28 AM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As a sales rep with a fairly large territory, I will put approximately 25,000 miles on the TSX this year. I would like a little more pep from the engine, but I'm very satisfied with the fuel economy. Handling is superb, and the automatic transmission in manual mode delivers very satisfying performance on winding roads. The interior is very comfortable (although I'd like a little more drama), and the stereo is simply incredible. The exterior styling is a little too BMW-like, but it's still very easy on the eyes. With nearly 25,000 miles on the car already, I've had no problems - none. And now with the posted highest resale value for a sedan, I know that I made an excellent choice.

2006 Acura TSX
By Armi on 11/26/06 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX is a bargain. Based on the sportier European Accord, it is a sporty in-town grocery runner, and a comfortable interstate cruiser. Lots of headroom, even with a sunroof. Wish Acura would offer the white exterior with the quartz gray interior.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.