Used 2006 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Absolutely love this car
By Jerry

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have never been happier with a vehicle, and will be keeping this vehicle long term. I get great mileage with the vehicle, ranging from 26 MPG city 30 Highway in the winter, and 29 city 33 Highway in the summer. The car has as much get up and go as I will ever need. The handling is simply outstanding. The only complaints I have with the vehicle is the console doesn't provide enough leg room for the right leg, and gets uncomfortable on long trips. It needs a visor extender on the driver side also.

Favorite Features

Silky smooth transmission. Outstanding engine. Seat warmers rock in Chicago winters.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for the right leg. Put a compass on the rear view mirror. Put a visor extender on the driver's side visor so that it can cover the entire length of the driver side window.

I love my TSX
By SipsAcura

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had no issue so far with my vehicle and I have had it over one year. Drives well great performance especially on the highway. I like the way it brakes down when you are slowing down. Great value for the money lots of amenities!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth and navi.

Excellent Car!
By Steve

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great everything! Handles well, great MPG, no complaints whatsoever. Everything about the car is just what it needs to be right down from the great quality leather seats to the blue nighttime light that lights up the center console. Best thing about it is, everything you need comes standard.

Favorite Features

Dashboard lights, headlights, rear end of the car, quality. Huge trunk, folding rear seats, fold down rear arm rest. Great quality interior, spare no expense.

Suggested Improvements

Full size spare! My biggest complaint about this car is the spare tire being a small donut. Shifting is a lot different from euro cars. A lot more touchy feely. Really tests your shifting talent.

What a mistake you shouldn't make
By Katie

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car in 2006 and until now regret it every single day. This is the loudest car I have ever driven. The body was built very lousy that you can hear wind noise, road noise and just about everything else OUTSIDE of the car. When talking to the people in the back seat, I literally have to YELL every time. Windshield very thin, cracked and got replaced 2 times (with original Acura windshield). Watch out for the speaker, the first 2 months it sounded great but gone down so fast and I turned to hate listen to music while I'm driving. The worst part is about to come, if you purchase this car, be aware that you will lose about 12K once you want to trade it in.

Favorite Features

Fast and responsive

Suggested Improvements

Please rebuild the body with high quality material, that would make driving much more pleasure, not a torture because all sound and noise.

Great car for the money
By Dave

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in April 06, and really cannot complain about its performance and reliability. My previous car was a 2001 Volvo S40 with all the bells and whistles, however, it completely died at 18K miles. I have test driven many other vehicles in its class and the TSX is by far the best out there. It looks sharp with the ground effects kit which I have by the way and the car is loaded. When you add up these features with other cars, you are looking at at least $40K when all done and said (with BMW, MB, Lexus, etc). Maybe these other cars may have a more powerful engine, but I probably can smoke 'em on a long haul! The TSX also has a good resale value... no plans on selling or trading up!

Favorite Features

Pretty much everything!

Suggested Improvements

Been through 2 sets of front rotors/brake pads, which have been replaced free of charge (bulletin); noisy wiper blades need to be redesigned, and the blue tooth doesn't work that well. Doesn't handle well in the snow, maybe better tires, or an AWD feature.