Used 2006 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Great deal for the Reliability & Luxury
By Kong Lee

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car used for almost a year now and I must say the TSX has so much to offer. It came with VSA, ABS, a great engine that produces 205 hp, very low insurance rates, 3 garage door openers on the top of the car next to the lights (Don't know what feature it's called LOL), Leather seats, very great comfort. I averaged 25 - 27 miles per gallon for the first 3 months because I did not realize the TSX uses Premium unleaded (90) and I have been refueling with Regular Unleaded (87) fuel. It now averages well between 29 - 33 mpg 50/50 city/highway (Phew). I never had any problems with the TSX so far, only had to change oil once 7 months after I got the car. Have not drove in snow yet.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, very comfortable, great performance and plenty of aftermarket options, smooth handling and acceleration, a lot of leg space and rear trunk space, spare tire came with the jacks and screws necessary, great gas mileage. VTEC!

Suggested Improvements

Body looks plain, issue can be taken care of with a nice bodykit. It might just be my taste, but the back looks kinda huge and plain, but that can be taken care of with a body kit in the back. Maybe add an AWD as an option, maybe VTEC can be improved to perform at 4-5 RPM instead of 6 RPM.

I love this car
By grandmageek

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for 3.5 years. It is the best built car I have owned and is fun to drive. It has been trouble free, is very well equipped and gets excellent mileage. On a recent 375 mile highway trip I topped out gas mileage at 37.4. I average a 22.4 city driving. The reliability of bluetooth depends on the quality of your phone. I have had 3 phones since I purchased the car. The cheap free Verizon Samsung worked horribly. It works great with iPhone. The suspension is very stiff and gives a harsh ride on bumpy road, but handles amazingly well. Very relaxing to drive on long trips.

Favorite Features

Size, xmradio, Acura dealership, drivers seat memory. Excellent gas mileage. Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Ride a little too stiff, auto on headlights

Best bang for your buck!
By KAM

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car comes standard with many bells and whistles. Convenient seat memory buttons for two different settings. Bought car new in 2006 and paint seems to be cheap...deeply pitted on front bumper and hood, as well as chipped on back of car. Seems to get decent gas mileage and comfortable drive. Not great in the snow. Very poor voice recognition with the hands free. People I've tried to talk to using hands free say it sounds like someone's banging cans in the background. More aggravation than it's worth and may as well not even have the function.

Favorite Features

Heated memory seats, homelink, HID headlights, leather seats, folding rear seats, and large trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

I would prefer 50/50 split rear seat; include auto change mirrors with seat memory function; hands free option needs to be fixed...useless to me. Found out hands free very particular to the model of car, model of phone, and carrier. According to web mine is compatible, but still doesn't work!

Excellent car, excellent value
By Spencer

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned 3 years now, so I feel like I can give an accurate review of the TSX. This car is very well designed, and is a great value. I don't think there are any cars that offer the same value at this price point. Sporty, upscale, and reliable, all in one. I love that all the features are standard. The design of the cabin is great, and the dash looks awesome. I have had 0 issues with my car. I get fabulous gas mileage. Was expecting to get 21/25. That is what I get if I drive the car hard. If I take it easy, I can get about 26/32. Recommend this car strongly.

Favorite Features

Interior/exterior appearance. Fully loaded by default. Great value.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are comfortable, but could be more so for long trips. Windshield wipers don't seem to be the best. Cabin could be quieter than it is, although it is quieter than my last two vehicles, so don't get me wrong.

Very satisfied
By rabbit

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The mileage estimate I think is low - even in Seattle's stop and go traffic I range from 30mpg and upwards, at times 35! My fourth Acura and I remain committed to the brand. Great handling, smooth ride, comfortable.

Favorite Features

handling; comfortable seats for long drives; good sound system

Suggested Improvements

Don't open the front window and use the washers at the same time - you'll get a face wash!!