Used 2006 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 193 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Great little car
By mikeL

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has to be the best 4 cylinder engine on the market, it is phenomenal. You can really motor in this car. I use mainly on the highways to go back and forth to work and its a great commuting car. Its a small car, but very comfortable on the inside even for someone 6 feet tall like me. The gas mileage is great, I average 30 miles on the highway. All the features on the car are standard, Navigation is the only option which makes life a lot easier. Best car for $30K on the market.

The acceleration on the highway is fantastic, you can pass cars in the blink of an eye. The bluetooth is great, love the sound system/XM radio also.

Its not great in the snow, consider better tires and AWD instead of FWD.

Fantastic car
By Matt

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car. I have only had it 4 months, but I could not be happier. It drives like a dream, much sportier IMO than the TL and is just as comfortable. I love the exterior and interior styling. I drove both the TL and TSX and picked the TSX as it was more familiar to me coming from an Integra and was a bit cheaper with better gas mileage. I made the right choice for me. I do wish the gas mileage was a bit better around town. Kinda low for a 4cyl.

Exterior styling, interior styling, performance, fun to drive.

Improve the gas mileage a tad for city driving, otherwise, perfect.

My Advice: Stay away from Honda/Acura
By Bad Decision

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car new in 2006, I have had it in the shop 2 times every year for the brakes!! They are terrible! Also it has been in 3 times so far for rust repair! Very cheap build quality! My friend got a Chevrolet Cobalt LT a year before I got an Acura and my Acura has had more problems and has been in the shop more than her Cobalt!!!! This really is not a Premium quality car!!

Navigation

Breaks, Low end power, build quality, styling, paint/body quality!!

Great car
By lovedatsx

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As a traveling salesman I avg 1200 miles per week and this has been the perfect great performance, reliability, great value for car. No doubt I'll get 300,000 miles out of the car. I'll buy another one when this one is done.

xm, navigation, fuel economy

auto headlights, and a turbo charger would be nice... but not practical

Great deal for the Reliability & Luxury
By Kong Lee

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car used for almost a year now and I must say the TSX has so much to offer. It came with VSA, ABS, a great engine that produces 205 hp, very low insurance rates, 3 garage door openers on the top of the car next to the lights (Don't know what feature it's called LOL), Leather seats, very great comfort. I averaged 25 - 27 miles per gallon for the first 3 months because I did not realize the TSX uses Premium unleaded (90) and I have been refueling with Regular Unleaded (87) fuel. It now averages well between 29 - 33 mpg 50/50 city/highway (Phew). I never had any problems with the TSX so far, only had to change oil once 7 months after I got the car. Have not drove in snow yet.

Heated leather seats, very comfortable, great performance and plenty of aftermarket options, smooth handling and acceleration, a lot of leg space and rear trunk space, spare tire came with the jacks and screws necessary, great gas mileage. VTEC!

Body looks plain, issue can be taken care of with a nice bodykit. It might just be my taste, but the back looks kinda huge and plain, but that can be taken care of with a body kit in the back. Maybe add an AWD as an option, maybe VTEC can be improved to perform at 4-5 RPM instead of 6 RPM.