Used 2006 Acura TSX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TSX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

My Advice: Stay away from Honda/Acura
By Bad Decision

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car new in 2006, I have had it in the shop 2 times every year for the brakes!! They are terrible! Also it has been in 3 times so far for rust repair! Very cheap build quality! My friend got a Chevrolet Cobalt LT a year before I got an Acura and my Acura has had more problems and has been in the shop more than her Cobalt!!!! This really is not a Premium quality car!!

Navigation

Breaks, Low end power, build quality, styling, paint/body quality!!

Great car
By lovedatsx

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As a traveling salesman I avg 1200 miles per week and this has been the perfect great performance, reliability, great value for car. No doubt I'll get 300,000 miles out of the car. I'll buy another one when this one is done.

xm, navigation, fuel economy

auto headlights, and a turbo charger would be nice... but not practical

Great deal for the Reliability & Luxury
By Kong Lee

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car used for almost a year now and I must say the TSX has so much to offer. It came with VSA, ABS, a great engine that produces 205 hp, very low insurance rates, 3 garage door openers on the top of the car next to the lights (Don't know what feature it's called LOL), Leather seats, very great comfort. I averaged 25 - 27 miles per gallon for the first 3 months because I did not realize the TSX uses Premium unleaded (90) and I have been refueling with Regular Unleaded (87) fuel. It now averages well between 29 - 33 mpg 50/50 city/highway (Phew). I never had any problems with the TSX so far, only had to change oil once 7 months after I got the car. Have not drove in snow yet.

Heated leather seats, very comfortable, great performance and plenty of aftermarket options, smooth handling and acceleration, a lot of leg space and rear trunk space, spare tire came with the jacks and screws necessary, great gas mileage. VTEC!

Body looks plain, issue can be taken care of with a nice bodykit. It might just be my taste, but the back looks kinda huge and plain, but that can be taken care of with a body kit in the back. Maybe add an AWD as an option, maybe VTEC can be improved to perform at 4-5 RPM instead of 6 RPM.

I love this car
By grandmageek

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for 3.5 years. It is the best built car I have owned and is fun to drive. It has been trouble free, is very well equipped and gets excellent mileage. On a recent 375 mile highway trip I topped out gas mileage at 37.4. I average a 22.4 city driving. The reliability of bluetooth depends on the quality of your phone. I have had 3 phones since I purchased the car. The cheap free Verizon Samsung worked horribly. It works great with iPhone. The suspension is very stiff and gives a harsh ride on bumpy road, but handles amazingly well. Very relaxing to drive on long trips.

Size, xmradio, Acura dealership, drivers seat memory. Excellent gas mileage. Handling.

Ride a little too stiff, auto on headlights

Best bang for your buck!
By KAM

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car comes standard with many bells and whistles. Convenient seat memory buttons for two different settings. Bought car new in 2006 and paint seems to be cheap...deeply pitted on front bumper and hood, as well as chipped on back of car. Seems to get decent gas mileage and comfortable drive. Not great in the snow. Very poor voice recognition with the hands free. People I've tried to talk to using hands free say it sounds like someone's banging cans in the background. More aggravation than it's worth and may as well not even have the function.

Heated memory seats, homelink, HID headlights, leather seats, folding rear seats, and large trunk space.

I would prefer 50/50 split rear seat; include auto change mirrors with seat memory function; hands free option needs to be fixed...useless to me. Found out hands free very particular to the model of car, model of phone, and carrier. According to web mine is compatible, but still doesn't work!

• SUV