Used 2006 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Best deal for the money!
By MicksTSX

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX has so much to offer. Awesome HID headlights; heated, power-adjustable driver and passenger sport seats with driver's memory; leather upholstery; an eight-speaker, 360-watt audio system with XM satellite radio and an in-dash CD changer; dual-zone automatic climate control; and a sunroof; ALL standard! Interior is laid out nicely; lots of safety features including stability control and side curtain airbags; 205 hp engine that is fairly quiet but gets up and goes when needed; decent gas mileage (I average 25 mostly city driving); easy to park and handles well; Honda reliability. Exterior styling is a bit bland but it's nice not to see another TSX often like the Accords :)

Favorite Features

HIDS, interior design, safety features, 205 hp, low insurance, maintenace and operating costs, all the standard features, nav, bluetooth, MP3 input, CD changer, seats are supportive with memory and heat, Honda reliability. Best used car value out there!

Suggested Improvements

Audio could be a bit better but new speakers and an amp will fix that. I am a little disappointed in the amount of road noise but again some dynamat installed in the doors and trunk will fix that too. I think the stock tires are partly to blame as well but that is really all and are easy fixes!

Unbeatable at Anywhere Near its Price
By NormanS

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX displays a marvelous balance between smooth power delivery, sure-footed handling, braking, responsive steering, and comfort; this balance is what makes the TSX fun to drive. Besides fun, it comes loaded with just about every feature standard, provides high reliability, and low TCO for a luxury car. The TSX automatic model is powerful enough for spirited driving on streets, twisting roads, and freeways. SportShift mode helps compensate for the TSX's low torque at low RPM. I find SportShift a viable option to a manual shift. TSX is more fun than the TL. Gas mileage: 19+/32+ MPG city/country. Experience: Manual Acura Legend, Lexus ES300 and LS400, Manual BMW 3.0S, BMW 540, BMW 740.

Favorite Features

Overall quality; sure-footed suspension; instantly responsive power; precise steering; large side-view mirrors; LED display with full-size tachometer; ergonomics; audio; no rattles; engine is silent at idle and is baritone while cruising; heat rejecting glass; comfort and luxury for four.

Suggested Improvements

Shorter turning circle; front door locks are too far forward for comfort; rear doors are a bit too narrow; tricky tranny dip-stick placement and reinsertion; windshield washer container support lacks rigidity; running lights; less road noise; shift-lever is too notchy; hands-free radio link noise.

Nothing better for the money
By Dan

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When looking for a practical yet sport sedan for under $30k there is simply nothing better. You can't beat Acura reliability not to mention this car is a lot of fun on the highway. Couple this with the almost 30mpg I am averaging and this makes for the best car for under $30k. Also, I currently have 70k miles on this car and haven't spent a penny on it, aside from routine maintenance (oil changes, etc)

Favorite Features

Reliability, handling, build quality, interior comfort, MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more pep off of the line, but that would come at the expense of a reduction in fuel efficiency - so I get it, you can't have it all. The new V6 TSX is looking pretty good...

Would Not Buy It Again
By karina97

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my TSX in 2006 and started having problems about a year later. It needed to have major work done on the steering twice. Both times the car was at the dealer for over a week. Just glad it was still under warranty and the dealer gave me a loaner. Also, I have had to replace the brakes more times on my TSX than I have ever had to on any other car. The TSX has a cheap build quality and the paint scratches easily. Also, there is a lot of road noise. On the plus side, the dealer service staff is great.

TSX ACURA
By sylviaa

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my 2006 Acura Tsx. I purchased my car at Mac Churchill Acura in Fort Worth. I have been very happy since my purchase and services rendered at this car dealership. Since then my family and friends now own Acuras , a total of 7 Acuras all to each ones needs. Very grateful and appreciative. Thanks Mac Churchill Acura from all of us!

Favorite Features

I love the features , my pearl while color , Gps, bluetooth, and excellent road handle, the lights at night are precise. I dont have trouble seeing while driving at night. The car stops immediately when I hit the brakes. Recently another car ran a stop light , I barely saw him through my left side and hit the breaks.. the car stopped immediately with no screeching or swaying... that car missed us but hit the car next to me who took our green light.... car parts flying everywhere , bumpers lights tires. Great Made Car , The Acura TSX.