2006 Acura TSX Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 TSX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Sort Reviews by

A Great Purchase
By PL

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been a great car to drive. Not only does it have typical Acura handling, luxury, safety, and reliability--all of which are great--but it also has a few extras I hadn't considered while researching my purchase, such as XM satellite radio, an air filtration system, and heated leather seats. This car is just plain fun to drive. Nice grip on the leather-wrapped steering wheel, quick acceleration, and comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

The sound system (with XM), the fog lights, the on-dash display of estimated MPG, airbags all over the place, the fantastic design of the console and dash, turn signals on the side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility when backing up (the trunk is very high in order to provide more storage space).

love it
By hernandez

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

having had a mazda6 for 3.5 years with no issue was great.but,when it came time to look for a new ride i considered almost everything out there.the tsx was at the top of my list.i never had one before.the reviwes were excellent plus for the prize there is nothing better.i'm in love with it.big difference from my mazda and so far i can safely say acura has a new customer for a long time.

Favorite Features

music system,xmradio,bluetooth,climate control,safetyfeatures

Suggested Improvements

at least 25 to 35 hp increase,less trunk space more leg room in back seats.

Everything I wanted in good commute car
By DDover

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car won't rival the likes of a BMW or Mercedes - but it also doesn't come with the price tag. The car is reliable and fun to drive. My only complaint - it lacks the zip to pass quickly on a narrow 2 lane roads when 18-wheelers are in the distance. My wife may have screamed once or twice. But, what do you expect from 4-cylinders? Other than that one complaint - no problems in day to day city driving. The back seat isn't quite as roomy with a now 5'10" son's long legs.

Favorite Features

I love the look of the exterior. What do the Edmunds reviewers know when they said it lacks appeal? I love the gas milage (have averaged 23 in city and 30 on the highway trips)

Suggested Improvements

My previous car was the Acura MDX - the leather in the MDX was a little more supple and higher quality. A little more noise dampening would be a big plus, too.

The perfect entry luxury sports sedan
By mettyt

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

All the mod cons; Memory seats, heated seats, Ipod hookup, navigation, voice activation, xenon headlights, the list goes on. And for the price you can't beat it. Great handling and braking. The interior is very quiet and well constructed. My previous car was a Honda Accord and I like the reliability of Honda's. Makes me get up everyday with a smile on my face thinking I get to drive it. I almost wish my job was twice as far away.

Favorite Features

The power memory seats are a great addition to this years model, along with the Ipod hookup and the heated seats. The whole interior is very comfortable and spacious.

Suggested Improvements

I dislike having to use premium gas, and the 4cyl engine. They could of made it a 3.0L V6 like the old Accord. Apart from that its everything I look for in a car.

It's exactly what it's supposed to be
By TSXNJ

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car does exactly what it's meant to do, and it does it perfectly (for 28k!). No, it's not going to tear up other cars when you want to race them to the next red light, but it has decent acceleration and great passing power. It handles beautifully. The technology on this car is downright addictive. The Nav system is top notch and SIMPLE to use. There are about a billion voice commands which the car can recognize, and the blue tooth hands free link is incredibly convenient. It's bigger than a civic, but smaller than an accord - very nice size. Plenty of trunk space. The iPod jack is just icing on a very sweet cake. Want a drag-racer? Buy something else. This car is perfect.

Favorite Features

The great thing about Acura is that the only real option is Nav. Everything comes standard! If you take one thing away from this review, it should be this - GET THE NAV. Of course the blue tooth, memory seats, voice command capability and advanced climate control system don't hurt.

Suggested Improvements

This car would go far if they could pump a few more horses into it without killing the outstanding price. A little sleeker body design would make it stand out a bit more.

Fun, Luxurious, Affordable.
By speedracer3

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've thought long & hard before buying this car and have driven the competition. The TSX does everything right, it's quick , handles great, it is luxurious and won't break the bank. My only complaint so far is that fuel economy is not that great for a 4 cyl car. The car is fully loaded, every luxury feature that I wanted is there. The car looks especially good with a spoiler and the parchment interior with wood trim rounds out the luxury look. I would recommend this car to anybody looking for fun to drive, affordable sporty sedan.

Favorite Features

Handsfree Bluetooth, Memory Seats, Sound System, Imput for MP3 Player, Blue ambient lighting.

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

Optimum
By Prinkle

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like economy but wanted to step up to a leather car for the first time. My previous car, a 626 (5m) was a satisfying experience. I kind of thought about a leather accord, but am glad I did the TSX. I like the 205 hp 4cyl and the nav. Did a road trip and an actual measurement of mpg. Got 35 mpg measured with 37mpg measured on the outbound (downwind) leg. My first experience with computer controlled automatic shifting. I like it! It has some spring in its step. It ain't gonna out pace a mustang, but it is a pretty peppy little 4cyl. Almost a luxury car. Almost a sport sedan. Almost an economy car. To some, that might sound like too much compromise. But to me it is the stuff of optimum.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. HID headlights.

Suggested Improvements

The climate control doesn't really seem to hold a dialed in temperature.

Affordable and still Luxurious
By Acura Review

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Can't beat all the bells and whistles you get in this car for 27 gran and change. If you are looking for a beamer go ahead and get it but if you are an accord fan that wants to kick it up a notch this is the car for you!

Favorite Features

the option to use the clutchless stick shift in an automatic

Acura TSX 06 Review
By darkriftx

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my TSX about a week ago. I have been very impressed with the internal and external build quality of the car. It has good acceleration, good handling, and is very fun to drive. The four cylinder is more than powerful enough for the size and has plenty of torque.

Excellent choice in the Northeast
By Helene Morris

2006 Acura TSX Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently traded my 5 year old VW Passat 4 Motion Wagon for a 2006 TSX with Navigation. Considering the impetuous Connecticut winters, I was apprehensive about swapping all wheel drive for front wheel drive; no worries here. On New Year's Eve we were off to a night of entertainment at Mohegan Sun with four inches of snow between us and the casino. The car managed the slippery conditions and just as we thought we were free and clear another sedan in front of us spun out and landed against the guard rail. The TSX VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) performed as designed as we manuvered our way around the accident. We did not slide or lose traction once. I no longer worry.

Favorite Features

Steering, responsive engine, split rear seats and blue tooth wireless mobile features.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation voice system is more responsive and accurate with a male voice than a female voice.