Used 2006 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura TSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Unbeatable at Anywhere Near its Price
By NormanS

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The TSX displays a marvelous balance between smooth power delivery, sure-footed handling, braking, responsive steering, and comfort; this balance is what makes the TSX fun to drive. Besides fun, it comes loaded with just about every feature standard, provides high reliability, and low TCO for a luxury car. The TSX automatic model is powerful enough for spirited driving on streets, twisting roads, and freeways. SportShift mode helps compensate for the TSX's low torque at low RPM. I find SportShift a viable option to a manual shift. TSX is more fun than the TL. Gas mileage: 19+/32+ MPG city/country. Experience: Manual Acura Legend, Lexus ES300 and LS400, Manual BMW 3.0S, BMW 540, BMW 740.

Overall quality; sure-footed suspension; instantly responsive power; precise steering; large side-view mirrors; LED display with full-size tachometer; ergonomics; audio; no rattles; engine is silent at idle and is baritone while cruising; heat rejecting glass; comfort and luxury for four.

Shorter turning circle; front door locks are too far forward for comfort; rear doors are a bit too narrow; tricky tranny dip-stick placement and reinsertion; windshield washer container support lacks rigidity; running lights; less road noise; shift-lever is too notchy; hands-free radio link noise.

Poor radio reception for TSXs
By Beth

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my 2006 TSX 6 sp manual for two months. I immediately noticed a problem with quality of the radio reception for FM stations that are based in my city, as well as for XM stations. Basically, if you get into areas of high voltage you either lose the signal (XM) or it becomes staticky (FM). My dealership told me there was nothing wrong with the reception and that that was how all the TSXs were. They gave me a loaner car to use and I noticed the same problem with reception on that car. I have owned 6 or 7 cars including other Acura and Hondas, but I have never experienced the such poor radio reception, which I consider a basic amenity, especially for a car in this price range.

Heated seats.

Get a much better quality radio system overall (sound) and well as reception quality. The "premium sound," although better than standard systems is nothing to write home about either (in addition to the reception problems). Put a 6 cylinder engine in the car with the next model.

Best Value for Price
By Wigman8

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car almost six months so I thought I would stop back and help others as I used comments from this site to help make my decision. Let me just say, I'm very happy with the decision I made to buy this car. The styling is nice, great interior, comfort, built in technology including blue tooth. I just drove from Minneapolis to Nashville (long story) and got 31.7 mpg. That is very impressive in my opinion. I compared this car to the BMW 3 series but was concerned about reliability as per consumer reports. The BMW is a very nice car, in fact maybe a better "drivers" car but the value and reliability of the TSX couldn't be topped. One negative - stiff suspension makes it bumpy

Bluetooth, Navi, sound system, leather interior.

Better spring/tire combo for smoother ride, real time Navi, lower profile stance, deeper window tint

Less than 2 months and I LOVE it!!
By CJTitans3

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I searched high & low before purchasing a vehicle. The Acura TSX was an excellent choice! I drove a Honda Accord before, so there was not much of a transition needed to adjust to the Acura except that it has more power & get-up beneath the hood. I just love driving it! It's great on gas. In town & on the highway, the performance is fabulous! This car is a nice way to get a taste of luxury for a fraction of the price.

Sleek interior, in-steering wheel controls, hands-free Bluetooth with sound through the stereo speakers, heated seats, XM Radio ready & MP3 capabilities, interior lighting when entering or exiting the vehicle, heated side mirrors, dual temperature controls, automatic or manual driving experience.

Personalize the mirror positions along with the seating memory link.

Open Road
By Lauren

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Even though this car has only 4 cylinders, it definitely has pep. This car is great on gas and the mileage per gallon on the highway and streets is accurate with the sticker. TOTALLY LOVE IT!

Bluetooth - hands free link for phone