Used 2006 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Tsx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura TSX

View reviews for a specific TSX model:

Nice!
By Tito

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive! Doesn't get better than this for under $30,000.

Favorite Features

HID, Nav systems, bluetooth, instrumentation.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots; gas mileage

IN LOVE with my TSX
By miamitexangirl

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had my TSX for 4 days and I am totally in love with it. The handling and pickup are perfect for me. The features that come with this car can not be beat for the price. You can not go wrong on this. I also love the fact that I dont see a "million" of them on road compared to my last car, an 05 accord. Everything is awesome about the TSX.

Favorite Features

I dont have a favorite feature. I love them all - bluetooth, leather, moon roof, audio controls, etc...etc. ALL STANDARD!!!!

Suggested Improvements

If I HAD to say something in terms of improvement, I guess it would be the back end design. It could "maybe" use a little updating, but I still love it!!!

The benchmark for family/sport sedans!
By dalahu

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 1 ½ months of ownership, I still jump at any excuse/reason to take it out. The TSX is the top rated sedan for residual value after 5 years (per Edmunds.com article “Top 10 Cars With the Best Residual Value”) and it’s also a Consumer Reports “Best Buy”. The TSX may not offer the best performance in any one category, but everything works together to create an ideal driving experience. Fuel efficiency, in mixed driving conditions (50/50 city/hwy), has averaged at 25 MPG. Braking performance is on par with generic (non premium) sedans. The factory sound system is marred by cheap and inefficient speakers that lack mid- range frequency response.

Favorite Features

Style, performance, safety, quality, and value! HID headlamps, handsfree Bluetooth link, memory deating, driver information system (the instant MPG readout is addictive), 5-speed automatic transmission with sequential sportshift, and the exhaust note above 5800 RPM is sweet!

Suggested Improvements

Offer cloth upholstery as standard and leather as an option. Add: MP3/WMA compatible head-unit and premium speakers; daytime running lights for the US spec TSX; auto up/down feature for all four windows; link mirrors and radio presets to seat memory feature; performance brakes.

Almost 1 Year
By BJ Mark

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased this car last November and recently completed a 4500 mile road trip, The gas mileage has held pretty steady at 29-32 mpg hwy and around 25-26 city/combined. The driver's seat has been replaced once due to a creak and this has appeared in the new seat (after about 4 months) - Acura will take care of it. The car has been totally reliable, fun to drive and lived up to expectation. And the nav system is one of those "never had before/never not have again" extras and served us well on our recent road trip.

Favorite Features

Auto-stick transmission, nav/audio system, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

rain-sensing wipers, memory seats linked with mirrors, choice of satellite radio system

Lovely Car In Every Way!
By Happyacura

2006 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Now that my TSX is 2 months old, I can write this. It's just superb in every way. Beautifully built and finished, not a hint of a squeak, rattle, moan or groan anywhere. The features/tech stuff are all awesome and work perfectly. The perforations in the leather keep my back cool, and the a/c is way cold. The stereo is excellent, the comfort is excellent, the engine and 5 speed auto tranny are flawless together. I can't think of anything not fully pleasing. I am fully confident that I made the right choice. I looked very carefully at the competitioni. The TSX smokes them all on value! Lastly, you can't tell is FWD, and you can't tell its a 4, that's praise!

Favorite Features

Everything and how beautifully it all goes together.

Suggested Improvements

Better on gas, I drive gently and am getting low to mid 20's in town and low to mid 30's on the freeway. Still only at 2200 miles, might improve with more break in. More quietness/less road noise, I am stressing myself to find something bad to say!